PDA

View Full Version : Dexter. Major spoiler alert.

SW-Shooter
11-29-09, 21:02
Tonights episode was a chilling expose into the mind of a true serial killer.

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do

usaffarmer
11-29-09, 21:56
I love Dexter. Its family time for my wife and I when the little ladies all go to be..... Thats not bad that our alone time is spent watching tv shows about serial killers, is it? lol

sadmin
11-29-09, 21:57
Im a follower...great show. I only wish they would write a few less lines for his sister...sometimes she really wears on the nerves.

RancidSumo
11-29-09, 22:07
I love the show and so does my whole family. Over the last two days I watched the whole first season and will start on the second soon.

Ak44
11-29-09, 22:08
Great show, I like Masuka. The best part is you're rooting for a serial killer as the good guy.

SW-Shooter
11-29-09, 22:34
This season has really stepped up "In the mind of a serial killer", I'd like to get a hold of a few good books for reference material.

If only because I like to know how they think, know thy enemy type stuff.

cop1211
11-29-09, 23:03
Love it.

Ak44
11-29-09, 23:31
Indeed the Trinity Killer is by far the best villain this show has produced, next up would be Miguel Prado. :cool:

Bushmaster225
11-29-09, 23:43
Love it. Masuka rocks! Whole family watches it.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-30-09, 00:20
I love Dexter. Its family time for my wife and I when the little ladies all go to be..... Thats not bad that our alone time is spent watching tv shows about serial killers, is it? lol

I started watching it On Demand and got to season three. My wife started watching it with me and it just wasn't the same? Felt kind of like when she started watching the second season of "True Blood" when that thing jumped the alligator. I really didn't like the whole Prado story line, and trying to get her up to speed was kind of tuff. Looking forward to starting the current season.

variablebinary
11-30-09, 00:21
The wife and I watch it every sunday

Jerm
11-30-09, 02:26
Best TV show ever!

I caught the first few episodes of season one before my free SHO ran out.It was good but i didn't really have time to get hooked and forgot about it.

I ended up starting over and renting the the first 3 seasons from Netflix over the summer...Finished just in time to turn SHO back on for season 4.:cool:

It and SoA are about all i watch aside from the news...College football.

Shadow1198
11-30-09, 04:29
I watch it. I think it's an awesome show. Great characters, lots of plot twists, etc. Personally I think his sister is hilarious with all the random profanity for no reason. lol

decodeddiesel
11-30-09, 09:38
I started watching it On Demand and got to season three. My wife started watching it with me and it just wasn't the same? Felt kind of like when she started watching the second season of "True Blood" when that thing jumped the alligator. I really didn't like the whole Prado story line, and trying to get her up to speed was kind of tuff. Looking forward to starting the current season.

I didn't care for the Prado thing either. That was IMHO the worst season. This season with John Lithgow more than makes up for it. You're really in for a treat.

Dexter is literally the only thing on TV that gets me to stop what I'm doing and sit down for an hour straight.

I am so excited for the next 2 episodes.

Irish
11-30-09, 10:06
Great show! I don't do the cable thing and instead catch it on Netflix when new seasons release.

CharlieKilo
11-30-09, 10:48
Lithgow is an amazing actor. Watching him play a serial killer opposite Dexter's character has been awesome.

Littlelebowski
11-30-09, 11:10
Wish there was a way to catch up without getting cable...

Irish
11-30-09, 11:14
Wish there was a way to catch up without getting cable...

I'm hoping Netflix will post this seasons current episodes to their "watch instantly" line up as they did with the current Heroes episodes. Heroes 1 thru 9 of the current season is viewable on Netflix now, they add to it as they become available. No commercials is a great thing :)

Ak44
11-30-09, 15:01
http://www.casttv.com/shows/dexter

parishioner
11-30-09, 16:10
Follower here. Its been fun watching Dexter discover himself and evolve as the seasons go by. Im a big fan of hour long shows with no interruptions.

decodeddiesel
11-30-09, 17:02
http://www.casttv.com/shows/dexter

Great Link!

Ak44
11-30-09, 17:24
Yep I go on that site when I miss a show, usually they upload a new episode the same night that it airs or if not it would be up the next afternoon.

Ejh28
12-01-09, 07:59
Big Fan of seasons 1 and 2, have yet to watch any since. Soon though, very soon.

bkb0000
12-04-09, 22:20
this is the only TV show i've had any interest in since the Transformers cartoons when i was a kid.

wish they'd leave out all the skin, though... crime-scene nudity is one thing, but sex is unnecessary to the story and only inserted to pull in a few extra ratings. makes my life difficult when the wife browses the netflix history.

looking forward to season 3... i don't have cable, i watch online on netflix, and season 3 isn't avail yet. i went ahead and ordered it, but it'll probably be two months before my wife and kid's crap cycles through. i assume season 4 is currently in progress?

SW-Shooter
12-05-09, 00:30
this is the only TV show i've had any interest in since the Transformers cartoons when i was a kid.

wish they'd leave out all the skin, though... crime-scene nudity is one thing, but sex is unnecessary to the story and only inserted to pull in a few extra ratings. makes my life difficult when the wife browses the netflix history.

looking forward to season 3... i don't have cable, i watch online on netflix, and season 3 isn't avail yet. i went ahead and ordered it, but it'll probably be two months before my wife and kid's crap cycles through. i assume season 4 is currently in progress?

Holy tight leash Batman. KA POW

Jerm
12-05-09, 01:40
i assume season 4 is currently in progress?

Last episode is Sunday i think...

Might be one more after that.

LockenLoad
12-05-09, 11:32
Indeed the Trinity Killer is by far the best villain this show has produced, next up would be Miguel Prado. :cool:

picking John Lithgow for the role was an excellent choice

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-09-09, 06:34
Wow, wow! Just caught up by spending too much time watching it "On Demand". When there were about four episodes left I was wondering what would take that long to fill out the season. Way awesome. This season is epic :p

The nudity is a bit much, not unappreciated, but he, it's HoTime. For the cops on the board, are the crime scene boob shots realistic? Especially when they are posted out in the open?

decodeddiesel
12-09-09, 09:12
Wow, wow! Just caught up by spending too much time watching it "On Demand". When there were about four episodes left I was wondering what would take that long to fill out the season. Way awesome. This season is epic :p

I'll agree with that. I think this could be the best season of Dexter yet. I am holding out on watching this last episode so I can watch it and the finale in one sitting.

The nudity is a bit much, not unappreciated, but he, it's HoTime. For the cops on the board, are the crime scene boob shots realistic? Especially when they are posted out in the open?

I was wondering this same thing. I would imagine in a homicide investigation yes.

smithjd
12-09-09, 09:16
Dexter is great. Just signed up for Netflix and making our way through the third season. Only wish Sgt Doakes was still around, he was great in the first season.

Nudity in Crime Scene Photos? Funny you should ask. I went through Death Investigation school last year put on by the Staties. Lots of crime scene photos going back years. There seemed to be a strangely high percentage of people violently murdered and found naked. That would go to follow for women who are raped / murdered, but there were a bunch of naked guys killed in home invasions and other things. Lots more people running around their house naked (who shouldn't be) than you can imagine.

Bottom line? If you don't want to wind up naked and dead in crime scene photos, don't be naked!

Erik 1
12-09-09, 13:15
Bottom line? If you don't want to wind up naked and dead in crime scene photos, don't be naked!

Now you tell me.

Ak44
12-09-09, 16:31
Bottom line...It ain't a party unless your naked :D

snappy
12-09-09, 18:39
This is literally the first time I've ever even heard of Dexter. :eek: Sounds like an interesting show by the responses here. I'll try to check it out.

SW-Shooter
12-09-09, 18:56
This is literally the first time I've ever even heard of Dexter. :eek: Sounds like an interesting show by the responses here. I'll try to check it out.

You have to start with season 1, the character development is something else.

Ak44
12-09-09, 18:59

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :cool:

decodeddiesel
12-13-09, 22:13
Did anyone else finish season 4?

Oh my god!

Ak44
12-13-09, 22:20
Yep perfect ending for the season :D

Jerm
12-13-09, 22:24
Watching it again right now...

Waiting to see the last scene with Trinity again now that i know what happened.

Can't wait til next season.:(

SW-Shooter
12-13-09, 22:54
Season ending really bummed me out. F*CK!!!!:mad:

variablebinary
12-13-09, 22:57
That is probably the most depressing finale in TV history

Ak44
12-13-09, 23:14
I liked the ending, it let me feel alot better than the Sopranos..:cool:

SW-Shooter
12-13-09, 23:17
I liked the ending, it let me feel alot better than the Sopranos..:cool:

Very true, but they just killed off any hope of Dexter ever being human (sort of).

Man Julie Benz has a smoking body, hope to see her in something else.

ETA: HA HA, she'll be in Rambo V: The Savage Hunt

SPOILER ALERT

Warning: Stop reading if you have yet to watch tonight’s killer Dexter season finale. Everyone else, see below for my exclusive postmortem with executive producer Clyde Phillips. Among the hot topics discussed: When (and why) was the decision made to whack Rita? Will she return as a ghost? What was the alternate cliff-hanging twist? And when the hell will Deb figure out the truth about Dex?

When was the decision made to kill off Rita?
CLYDE PHILLIPS: I would say we made the decision pretty late in the season. We didn’t quite know what we were going to do [in the finale].

Why Rita?
PHILLIPS: The story evolved and it kind of became inevitable. We knew that we had to do more than kill Trinity. It’s a little bit of a corner that we paint ourselves into. Last year we tried to avoid that and actually I think we didn’t do as well as we could have. We killed off Jimmy Smits’ character [in the 11th episode] of 12 episodes and then we had to figure out what we were going to do in the 12th episode. This season, we knew that we were going to take Trinity out in the 12th episode and we think that the audience knew that, too. We had to raise the bar to as high as possible and then figure out what to do next year.

How did Julie Benz take the news that she was leaving the show?
PHILLIPS: She wasn’t happy. She loved being with us. We loved having her with us. She took it… professionally. She was greatly disappointed. She’s a professional. She works in television. She knew that this was a possibility.

Did Trinity tell Rita about Dexter before he killed her?
PHILLIPS: I don’t know the answer to that question. We haven’t talked about next season. But [my gut says] I would think that he did not tell her.

Might she return as a ghost like Dex’s dad?
PHILLIPS: The answer, at he moment, is no. However, had you asked me two years ago if Lundy was coming back I would’ve said no. We didn’t know he was coming back until this year. It just seemed expedient to the story — to Dexter’s story and to Deb’s story.

Some people thought the game-changing twist was going to involve Deb figuring out that Dexter is a serial killer. How much longer can you stretch out that story before you pay it off?
PHILLIPS: We’ve bounced that around the [writers] room. But once we do that… want to talk about game-changers? Once we do that, the game is changed in a way that we just don’t know how to anticipate just yet.

Will next season be about Dexter juggling serial killing and single fatherhood?
PHILLIPS: He is a single father. But, beyond that, we don’t know. We don’t know if there’s going to be what we call “a Big Bad,” like Jimmy Smiths and John Lithgow, or if it’s going to be more individual, stand-alone stories.

I understand you wrote two endings to throw people off. What was the other ending?
PHILLIPS: While Dexter was packing to leave, he saw on the television that a child murderer had just escaped from prison. Either escaped or fallen thru the cracks. So he’s thinking, “Do I join Rita on vacation or do I…” and then he looks towards the camera and he has this big decision.

That would’ve been disappointing.
PHILLIPS: [Laughs] Yeah. Compared to this? Are you kidding?

Bushmaster225
12-13-09, 23:42
WTF, Rita was getting on everyone nerves. Everyone that watches the show would always comment about what a bitch she was acting like. Then again that is marriage.

parishioner
12-14-09, 00:25

Seriously. Talk about a blind side. He was on the verge of straightening things out and truly appreciating his family then that happens.

But thats Dexter.

stage2
12-14-09, 08:27
WTF, Rita was getting on everyone nerves. Everyone that watches the show would always comment about what a bitch she was acting like. Then again that is marriage.

AMEN, she was always callin at the worst moment with the dumbest crap!! I hated to see her killed off but, I think it was best for the development of the character 'Dexter'. Now there is no chance in hell Dexter will ever be rid of his 'Dark Passenger'. I'd also like to see some warning signs out of his kid, and then Dexter becomes the teacher of "The Code"

decodeddiesel
12-14-09, 09:41
AMEN, she was always callin at the worst moment with the dumbest crap!! I hated to see her killed off but, I think it was best for the development of the character 'Dexter'. Now there is no chance in hell Dexter will ever be rid of his 'Dark Passenger'. I'd also like to see some warning signs out of his kid, and then Dexter becomes the teacher of "The Code"

I think passing "the code" is bound to happen to Harrison (the baby) at a minimum. The characters I feel for the most are Cody and Astor Rita's children. Astor is already starting to get into her rebellious teenager mode and I think Dexter being a single father of three is going to have a lot hard times ahead.

Unbelievable ending, difficult to swallow that such a prominent character would be killed off.

stage2
12-14-09, 10:07
I think passing "the code" is bound to happen to Harrison (the baby) at a minimum. The characters I feel for the most are Cody and Astor Rita's children. Astor is already starting to get into her rebellious teenager mode and I think Dexter being a single father of three is going to have a lot hard times ahead.

Unbelievable ending, difficult to swallow that such a prominent character would be killed off.

But realistically...>I dont think they will give Rita's kids back to Dexter, In situations like that they typically send the kids off to a bio realitive if their is one, in this case the grand parents. It depends on if Dex ever adopted them....

But thats being nit picky.....I think they will pen it next season and just Dex and Harrison....

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-14-09, 21:56
But thats being nit picky.....I think they will pen it next season and just Dex and Harrison....

Harrison walking around with a knife like a little chucky doll.

The main reality issue I had with last season, especially in light of this ending, is how Trinity's family wouldn't be clued into Kyle's real identity.

Just so I'm clear, Dexter hid in the Mustang, right? That looked like the road where he fell asleep and had his accident.

LockenLoad
12-15-09, 11:21

me too

Littlelebowski
12-15-09, 11:26
How about some "Spoilers" warnings for those of us that haven't caught up yet, guys?

decodeddiesel
12-15-09, 12:50
How about some "Spoilers" warnings for those of us that haven't caught up yet, guys?

I agree.

SW-Shooter, how about a title edit with something like "Dexter Following? - major spoiler page 3"

stage2
12-15-09, 12:51
SPOILER ALERT

Did we miss this little gem? :p

decodeddiesel
12-15-09, 12:57

The issue is that it is mentioned that Julie Benz is no longer on the show before the spoiler warning. An astute Dexter follower could ascertain the demise of the character in question from this statement.

Erik 1
12-15-09, 13:03
Or anybody who automatically googles every woman mentioned on the interweb to see if she's hot. I'm just sayin'.

LockenLoad
12-15-09, 21:13

I know it's ot but I love Monticello, great little town worked there last year