PDA

View Full Version : NoXplode

WS6
11-29-09, 21:55
I don't know if it "volumizes" my cells or anything like that, but this stuff is like crack in drink-mix form. DEFINITELY gets me pumped (mentally) and makes my workouts a lot more intense just based on the mental factor. Sometimes when I feel "down" (usually tired/irritable) I mix some up and within a few minutes of drinking the stuff I feel better. The stuff really works in that aspect. My roommate's gf is ADD REALLY bad and I gave her some and it really "slowed her down". I think this stuff has a definite mental effect, not sure about physical, but it sure gets my psyched.

Thoughts? More input?

Leonidas
11-30-09, 23:14
The forms of creatine in no-explode are unproven over creatine monohydrate. Also, it is my understanding that caffeine has a negative effect on creatine.

WS6
11-30-09, 23:34
The forms of creatine in no-explode are unproven over creatine monohydrate. Also, it is my understanding that caffeine has a negative effect on creatine.

I did not see caffeine listed anywhere in NoXplode's ingredients. Not saying its not there, but I didn't see it listed.

All I know is it gives me a TON of energy. I personally think almost all supplements are a waste unless you are talking anabolic steroids. Everything else is just someone selling something, imho

Derek_Connor
12-01-09, 13:08
Will B will probably be along to add his 2cents.

The big rush and pump you are feeling is more than likely just coming from the caffiene.

Ingredients:

N.O.-Xplode Proprietary Blend18,000 mg
N.O. Meta-Fusion
L-Arginine AKG, L-Citrulline Malate, Rutacarpine, L-Citrulline AKG, L-Histidine AKG, NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide), Gynostemma Pentaphyllum (95% Gypenosides) (Leaves & Stem)
AVPT (Advanced Volumizing & Performance Technology)*
Modified Glucose Polymers(Maltodextrin), Di-Creatine Malate, Trimethylglycine, Creatine Ethyl Ester-Beta-Alanine Composite (CarnoSyn®), Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Creatine Phosphate Matrix, Creatinol-O-Phosphate-Malic Acid Interfusion, Glycocyamine, Guanidino Propionic Acid, Cinnulin PF® (Cinnamon Extract) (Bark), Ketoisocaproate Potassium, Creatine AAB™ (Creatine-Alpha-Aminobutyric Acid Matrix)
Ener-Tropic Xplosion
L-Tyrosine, Taurine, Glucuronolactone, Methylxanthine (Caffeine), L-Tyrosine AKG, MCT’s (Medium Chain Triglycerides) [Coconut], (Lesser Periwinkle 99% Vinpocetine, 99% Vincamine, 99% Vinburnine [Whole Plant])
Phospho-Electrolyte Replacements*
Di-Calcium Phosphate, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Di-Sodium Phosphate
Glycerol Hydrating Polymers*
Potassium Glycerophosphate, Magnesium Glycerophosphate, Glycerol
Stearate

While they dont list each individual components contribution to the 18grams, I'd REALLY put some money it alot of its composed of caffiene.

There are some BCAAs and creatine in there, granted its not monohydrate I believe. There is also alot of shit in there I wouldn't put in my body.

panzerr
12-01-09, 15:31
Thoughts? More input?

If you can't do it without a good diet and lots of hard work, it wasn't meant to be. Stay away from crap like this.

JHC
12-01-09, 18:56
NoXplode - good stuff! Taurine is supposed to assist with mental alertness FWIW [shrug]. Whatever it is, myself and two other trainees I know will swear by it.

In may case, all my workouts are at 5:30 AM and sipping it on the way to the gym and through the workout has a very noticeable effect on energy level. Mental alertness and typical creatine training endurance is the only effect I've observed. Now they say this sort of creatine isn't utilized well and that could be. But my max number of weighted chinups went from a PR of 10 with extra 50 lbs to 15 and I've cycled through heavy chins a few times in recent years and never broke 12 before. (at bodyweight of 170).

I'm 52 and been studying and practicing fitness and nutrition since age 16 like I do my gun hobby. I'm no newbie at this.

WOD - body weight pullups:
set 1 30
set 2 20
set 3 10
set 4 10

RAVENEDGE
12-02-09, 16:34
I tried N.O. Xplode for about a month and didn't get the results I wanted. Had a good pump going for about the first 15 to 30 minutes of a work and it just declined from there. I went back to using NO Shotgun by VPX Sports and witnessed results pretty quick.

To be truthful, I think it has a lot to do with what your body will react to. I've worked out with others that have tried about everything with no results and have spent a ton on the supplements. They try something less expensive and just get results right away. Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-RAVENEDGE-

WS6
12-02-09, 19:05
I use it for the mental edge, not the physical. Grades this semester have been awesome. One of only 8 people passing based on test scores in our class of 25 or so in psych.

Physically, it has done nothing for me really. Mentally, it's nice.

Jason_R
12-02-09, 19:09
Interesting results. I've never used it or NEEDed to... Lots of talk and advertisements about it. Try drinking an energy drink or coffee and see if you feel the same "rush."

WS6
12-02-09, 19:28
Interesting results. I've never used it or NEEDed to... Lots of talk and advertisements about it. Try drinking an energy drink or coffee and see if you feel the same "rush."

If I do, it causes shakiness, etc. and quickly wears off and causes a "crash". I don't get that from this.

Romeo Foxtrot
12-03-09, 09:59
ive gotten away from these sorta things... NO Explode, NO Shotgun, Superpump 250... they all feel like they are gonna give me a heart attack and make me throw up while im working out. I work out with lots of intensity, no to little rest between sets, and these things make me feel like im about to die, especially when running.

They do work great though for giving you a little kick in the nuts while your down. Ill take them to help wake me up on days when im not training or just doing hiking/lower intensity training.

JHC
12-03-09, 18:59
RF - interesting. That's the experience my 21 year old had with the stuff. He cranks up the pace pretty hard too. Hmmm. I thought it was just him.

Romeo Foxtrot
12-03-09, 19:11
RF - interesting. That's the experience my 21 year old had with the stuff. He cranks up the pace pretty hard too. Hmmm. I thought it was just him.

I to am 21, and last week while taking my PST during the running portion i felt like i was about to have a heart attack, i was honestly, seriously concerned. My chest began hurting and my heart felt like it was about to blow up, i also started cramping. That was the last time i will ever take any sort of pre work out supp, atleast one with caffeine. I ended up doing alright on the PST but, that scared the shit outta me.

they cause the things they cause because theyre all crammed with caffeine, and they all have something in them that makes them fizzle up, i forget what it is but its essentially carbonation... i usually burp quite a bit after i take them.

Im down to pretty much no supplements, all creatine mono did for me was cause me to bloat up and hold a bunch of water. i just eat right and drink lots of water. only supps i take now are a multi vitamin, asperin and fruit before a work out.

Mjolnir
12-13-09, 13:04
I KNOW each of us have different metabolisms due to race, age, condition and just being unique individuals. Some things work for me that don't seem to have an effect on others and vice versa. If it's a placebo effect that's not ALL bad, either. We ALL have the capacity to improve ourselves through MIND alone. The problem is obtaining that.

BTW, everyone should go to http://www.sciencedirect.com and type something such as "creatine", "amino acid", "muscle", "intensity", "periodization", "growth", "strength" in some combination.

Everyone will not be able to download the .pdf for no charge but if you belong to a university or research institute you will be able to download many.

If you have titles you're interested in let me know.

WillBrink
12-26-09, 18:08
While they dont list each individual components contribution to the 18grams, I'd REALLY put some money it alot of its composed of caffiene.

There are some BCAAs and creatine in there, granted its not monohydrate I believe. There is also alot of shit in there I wouldn't put in my body.

I'm in agreement with you Derek. 18g (18000mg) of "proprietary blend" = we have no idea what the dose is of any of it, and it's a mish mash of stuff that's far from proven to be effective, or, even safe. Some of it, for example the CEE, has been shown to be bordering on unsafe, due to it's rapid conversion to creatinine.

For those who want more indepth info into the various drawbacks to Proprietary blends, see The Truth About Proprietary Blends in Nutritional Supplements (http://www.brinkzone.com/articles/the-truth-about-proprietary-blends-in-nutritional-supplements/)