PDA

View Full Version : Glock sights.

Hawkeye
03-08-07, 20:53
Whats your favorite sight setup on your Glocks? I am curious as to what all is being used. Just trying to see if there is a general consensus, and what all is available that may have slipped by me. Right now I am running Trijicons on all of mine.

RHR
03-08-07, 21:23
Warren Tactical, plain rear with tritium front. I have them on my G19 & G34.

nyeti
03-08-07, 21:35
Heinie Slant Pro's.

USMC03
03-08-07, 22:18
Heinie Slant Pro / Straight 8's.

Tried just about everything else on the market and found that the Heinie's worked best *for me*. Been running them on most of my Glocks for the last few years.

Semper Fi
Jeff

dubb-1
03-08-07, 23:08
I agree with Jeff. Heinies are the way to go.

DamnYank!
03-08-07, 23:24
had a set of warren tactical carry sights, plain rear / trit front. loved sight pic but top rear edges of the rear sight dug into me while carrying.

have a set of Yost sights on the way for my G19, i'll report once they are on...

Dport
03-08-07, 23:28
I had Straight Eights on my Glock. I didn't like them. The newer Slant Pro looks better. I have ordered them to be put on my FN HiPower.

For my Glock, I like Ameriglo "Operator" sights. I like the cut of the rear sight and the light ratios. I don't much care for the name.

zen_grasshopper
03-08-07, 23:59
Heinie Race Cut black rear, Heinie tritium front.

If 10-8 would come out with a sight for Glock I would try that.

Jon

Robb Jensen
03-09-07, 05:43
My favorite are Warren Tactical sights on my IDPA/USPSA/GSSF pistols, plain black rear sight with Dawson .105" wide fiber optic fronts. For carry guns I like Warren night sights yellow dot rear sights w/o white outlines and a green front w/white outline. I use Trijicons on my .357, 10mm and .45 caliber Glocks.

This is my old USPSA Limited gun, a G35 that I sold. Warren rear, Dawson front.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/bad03f33.jpg

L to R, G31 w/Warren plain rear tritium front, G34 w/Warren rear, .105" Dawson front, G17 w/Sevigny rear, tritium front.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/f2f66790.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/59567b04.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/b2442b35.jpg

Glock 19 w/Warren 3-dot yellow/green night sights.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/warrenrear.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/warrenfront2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/warrenprofile.jpg

JAYTEAM
03-09-07, 06:17
Man, all of your exotic combinations makes me feel bad about my green front/yellow rear mepros.

Jay

subzero
03-09-07, 07:07
Between the stock Glock sights, Meprolights and Heinie slants, I'll take the Heinies. The Mepros are great, bright, all that. The front sight is just too wide. I feel like I get a better sight picture with plain old serrated front and rear Heinies. I've got bad eyes, but I don't find myself needing the "race cut" rear. Best 47 bucks I ever spent on that Glock.

USMC03
03-09-07, 07:42
I had Straight Eights on my Glock. I didn't like them. The newer Slant Pro looks better.

Slant Pros and Straight 8's are the same sight. The Straight 8's are nothing more than Slant Pro's with 2 tritium inserts.

Heinie's older sights (pre Slant Pro), offered a simular sight picture, but the rear sight was not slanted like the newer version and didn't give as large of a sight picture as the newer Slant Pro's.

Are you possibly comparing the older Heinie's to the newer Slant Pro / Straight 8's?

Semper Fi,
Jeff

rob_s
03-09-07, 07:57
I like the look of those Warren sights, I just wish they were serrated.

if I ever go back to the Glock I will definately be looking at those sights. Plain rear with tritium front is ideal for me.

Dport
03-09-07, 08:27
Slant Pros and Straight 8's are the same sight. The Straight 8's are nothing more than Slant Pro's with 2 tritium inserts.

Heinie's older sights (pre Slant Pro), offered a simular sight picture, but the rear sight was not slanted like the newer version and didn't give as large of a sight picture as the newer Slant Pro's.

Are you possibly comparing the older Heinie's to the newer Slant Pro / Straight 8's?

Semper Fi,
Jeff

Yes sir, that's why I said "newer" in my post. The Straight 8's I had had a rear sight that was friggen HUGE, at least it seemed that way to me. The newer design doesn't seem that way to me. I apologize if I didn't make that more clear.

Hawkeye
03-17-07, 09:03
I like the all black Slant Pro rear. Who makes a good metal white dot front?

HotRod9mm
03-17-07, 10:50
........... Who makes a good metal white dot front?

Ameriglo

LOKNLOD
03-17-07, 13:04
Been trying to figure that one out, myself. I like the Hienie plain black slantpro rear but would prefer a more pronounced white dot/tritium instead of the Hienie tritium front. Heinie lists their front sight at .215, Ameriglo's catalog only lists that height in the plain serrated front. Their trit/white is .220 and their white dot is .165 only.

SuicideHz
03-17-07, 15:14
Man, all of your exotic combinations makes me feel bad about my green front/yellow rear mepros.

Jay

I have another set of those that are very very bright still if you are interested in a second set.

I use the Warren Tactical- Black rear green front.

rob_s
03-17-07, 15:29
Been trying to figure that one out, myself. I like the Hienie plain black slantpro rear but would prefer a more pronounced white dot/tritium instead of the Hienie tritium front. Heinie lists their front sight at .215, Ameriglo's catalog only lists that height in the plain serrated front. Their trit/white is .220 and their white dot is .165 only.
Why not Trijicon? Their sights typically have a nice white ring.

LOKNLOD
03-17-07, 16:19

The Mepro's on my G17 have a great white ring around the vial, but are too low for use with the Heinies. Same deal with the Trijicons I think. I was looking at Ameriglo because they seem to have more "a la carte" type options with different heights, configurations, etc.

Jerm
05-15-08, 16:46
whats the consensus on the factory Glock night sights?

im looking at getting a new 19 and im not sure if i should get the night sights already installed,or just get the pistol and go with an aftermarket set?

John_Wayne777
05-16-08, 09:31
Whats your favorite sight setup on your Glocks? I am curious as to what all is being used. Just trying to see if there is a general consensus, and what all is available that may have slipped by me. Right now I am running Trijicons on all of mine.

At the low light class I won a drill and picked up a set of 10-8 sights from the prize table. I've got them on my G17 right now and they are pretty good....

I still prefer the plain Warren Tactical rear sight and Ameriglo front sight arrangement. I will probably be going back to that soon.

The Ameriglo "operator" sights might also be worth a look.

John_Wayne777
05-16-08, 09:33
whats the consensus on the factory Glock night sights?

im looking at getting a new 19 and im not sure if i should get the night sights already installed,or just get the pistol and go with an aftermarket set?

To the best of my knowledge the night sights installed at the factory are just Trijicon night sights. They are steel and are decent, but I'm not fond of 3 dot arrangements or the rear sight.

I prefer to run a single night sight on the front of the weapon and a Warren tactical rear. I was able to use this arrangement very effectively in the low light class. If you are serious about finding the best sight setup my suggestion is to buy a sight pusher for the Glock and a front sight tool for the Glock and try out several different sight arrangements to see what you like best. Most people just make due with what they have instead of trying lots of different sights to find the optimum arrangement for them.

If you aren't comfortable installing your own sights on the Glock, get the night sights from the factory, dab a sharpie on the rear dots and leave it alone....but sight replacement on the Glock really is so easy a reasonably intelligent chimp can do it, so there's really nothing to be afraid of so long as you have the right tools.

John_Wayne777
05-16-08, 09:36

If the Ameriglo sights I have are representative, they *appear* to have a thicker white line around the tritium lamp....making it easier to see during the day. I could be wrong because I haven't broken out a micrometer and checked, but that's the way it appears to my eyes.

Trijicon inserts the lamps in Ameriglo sights.

Hawkeye
05-16-08, 09:37
Wow....this one got raised from the dead. :D

I've since discovered that taking a black sharpie to the white rings on the rear of a standard Trijicon set makes for a very nice setup, to me.

G34Shooter
05-16-08, 10:11
I've tried a bunch of different Glock sights and prefer the Warren/Sevigny carry sights on my G34.

Jerm
05-16-08, 13:04
To the best of my knowledge the night sights installed at the factory are just Trijicon night sights. They are steel and are decent, but I'm not fond of 3 dot arrangements or the rear sight.

I prefer to run a single night sight on the front of the weapon and a Warren tactical rear. I was able to use this arrangement very effectively in the low light class. If you are serious about finding the best sight setup my suggestion is to buy a sight pusher for the Glock and a front sight tool for the Glock and try out several different sight arrangements to see what you like best. Most people just make due with what they have instead of trying lots of different sights to find the optimum arrangement for them.

If you aren't comfortable installing your own sights on the Glock, get the night sights from the factory, dab a sharpie on the rear dots and leave it alone....but sight replacement on the Glock really is so easy a reasonably intelligent chimp can do it, so there's really nothing to be afraid of so long as you have the right tools.

thanks,

Trijicon is all ive used and i like them pretty well.not alot of money in the budget for night sights,so i'll probably stick with them for the time being.

but if install is that easy,im sure i'll play arround in the future.

Wow....this one got raised from the dead.

yeah,sorry about that.

some good info though,so i figured a bump was better than a new thread.

markm
05-16-08, 13:08
AMERIGLO all the way. On all 3 of my Glocks.

NCPatrolAR
05-16-08, 13:18
Sevigny Carry sights (Straight 8 formatted tritium inserts) for my Glocks.

El Cid
05-16-08, 13:55
What I run on my two Glocks are the Trijicon green dots. I use a Sharpie to black out the white rings on the rear sights.

What I would prefer to run (not agency approved or I would), is the Trijicon front and a 10-8 rear.

TDrift
05-18-08, 15:15
Good ol Trijicon:)

GLOCKMASTER
05-18-08, 16:44
On my G34 that I shoot IDPA with I use a Warren rear and red fiber optic front. On my G19 off duty I use a Warren rear and tritium front.

The G17 and G21 SF that I use for training wear Heinie SlantPro 3-D Tritium Sight Set (http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=24324&title=SLANTPRO?%203-D%20TRITIUM%20SIGHT%20SET%20for%20GLOCK~&s=50724#50724).

rob_s
05-18-08, 17:05
For those that like to do business with them, or get the friends and family discount, Brownells is now carrying some of the Warrens for Glocks.