PDA

View Full Version : Is this Colt worth it?

Matt2124
11-30-09, 15:59
Alright today I was in a local firearms store and saw a Colt sitting on a rack of used guns. Closer inspection revealed that the Colt had NO forward assist, and a fixed carry handle. When I saw that it had no forward assist I knew it was an older rifle. The price is $1349. I don't have further info on it cause I had to walk away before spending money I don't need to. I'm hoping that the knowledgeable folks here will be able to tell me if I should cut some corners on christmas shopping to make this Colt mine for the price listed or talk me out of it.

Thanks Matt

ssgjason
11-30-09, 16:13
more info would be nice
http://www.retroblackrifle.com/
check to see if it looks like an SP1
Even that seems a bit high for and sp1 though, unless it is in amazing shape.

QuickStrike
11-30-09, 16:15
I personally wouldn NEVER spend that much for a retro AR. Don't like the lack of a flat-top and don't like longer barrels.

You can get a new 6920 for that much.

Edit: then again, I'm not much of a collector so...

Matt2124
11-30-09, 16:23
Sorry for the lack of information.....It has a collapsable(sp?) stock, and 16" bbl so I'm assuming it has to be a carbine but I had to refrain from too much touching or I'd spent money

Matt

Ed L.
11-30-09, 16:42
Sorry for the lack of information.....It has a collapsable(sp?) stock, and 16" bbl so I'm assuming it has to be a carbine but I had to refrain from too much touching or I'd spent money

Unless you are a collector, I would much rather get a Colt 6920 since it has a removable carry handle for mounting optics and a 1 in 7" barrel for heavier loads.

What you saw is probably a COlt Govt carbine that predates the late 1980s when those guns went to the forward assist and the 1 in 7" barrel. If it is old enough, it might be worth some money, but I don't know the specifics on that.

forgiven
11-30-09, 17:06
My dealer had one similar to what you are describing....it was a preban....he sold it for $900 + tax.

$1,300 is ridiculous.

Matt2124
11-30-09, 17:12
Thanks for the help fellas. I am not a collector by any means but I like to keep a good inventory on hand. I saw it and thought wow what a unique firearm to own. It seems a little bit over priced from what limited info I was able to give. Thanks for helping me think it over and decide against sending too much.

Matt