PDA

View Full Version : Sig P226+Surefire accessory rail + SF X300 + what remote switch?

macman37
11-30-09, 21:31
Pretty much spelled it all out in the title.

If I have a Sig P226 and the SureFire accessory rail for it, what remote switch would I use on an X300 mounted to the rail?

I learned the hard way that it isn't the one for a 226 with a rail built into the frame... :mad:

HD1911
12-01-09, 17:43
Can't answer your question...but, does your X300 while mounted on your P226 seem like it has a lil bit of play in it? I can wiggle mine side to side slightly and its real annoying and doesn't feel solid like other setups i have had.

thanks

HD1911
12-01-09, 17:44
Oh and btw, Call Surefire at their Customer Service 800-828-8809....They're super cool and helpful to talk to.

macman37
12-01-09, 20:33
Hey thanks for your reply!

Nope, no play in mine. It's so tight the locking bar doesn't even fit 100% on the left side. Right side is up and locks it in place (I know it's a spring loaded bar, but that's the best way I can describe it).

I love it with a 20 round Mec Gar mag. Great combo. Just was hoping for the remote switch to complete the ensemble. :)

HD1911
12-01-09, 20:54
Hey thanks for your reply!

Nope, no play in mine. It's so tight the locking bar doesn't even fit 100% on the left side. Right side is up and locks it in place (I know it's a spring loaded bar, but that's the best way I can describe it).

I love it with a 20 round Mec Gar mag. Great combo. Just was hoping for the remote switch to complete the ensemble. :)

The locking bar wouldn't even click on mine when i first purchased my P226 Blackwater Tactical and X300...but the guy from Surefire said to slide the light on and then kind of pull down on the front of the light till it clicks. Sure enough, he was right and it saved me from putting a hole in the wall lol...cause man i was pissed for a sec :D

Did you buy the Mec-Gar 20 rounders seperate or did they come standard with yours? Either way, your right...that combo rocks.

macman37
12-01-09, 21:00
The locking bar wouldn't even click on mine when i first purchased my P226 Blackwater Tactical and X300...but the guy from Surefire said to slide the light on and then kind of pull down on the front of the light till it clicks. Sure enough, he was right and it saved me from putting a hole in the wall lol...cause man i was pissed for a sec :D

Did you buy the Mec-Gar 20 rounders seperate or did they come standard with yours? Either way, your right...that combo rocks.

I bought mine aftermarket. My 226 is older.

Thanks for the tip on pulling the light down. :)

Iraqgunz
12-02-09, 14:39
I believe that the item you are looking for is the DG-23 switch.

macman37
12-02-09, 20:38
Thanks very much :)