PDA

View Full Version : My INSIGHT Technology experience.

SW-Shooter
12-01-09, 01:54
This happened a few months ago and while I didn't want to jump to conclusions I never posted about it, until now.

I bought two new INSIGHT PROCYON (or newly moniker'd WX150) lights and a recently picked up a used one a few months ago. I was happy with the output beam, throw and fill. It is compact, powerful and eats sparingly. I think it is an all around great light for light to medium usage. My primary intended purposes, but I also had hoped for extreme usage, if needed.

What I found was an Achilles heel. The lighted is mounted utilizing the cross bar attachment through slots on a universal or 1913 style rail. The problem is that the screws are far too fragile for harsh use and WILL fail over a not so prolonged period(read short).

I don't know if they purchased a faulty batch, or just a mild QC issue. The customer service is merely okay(at best).
1.They are friendly on the phone.
2.They do instruct you how to send it back to them.
3.I had to pay my own freight to them.
4.Turn around time was about three weeks.:confused:
5.They did "UPGRADE" me from a PROCYON to a WX150.(read #4)
6.No extra's or frills included.Not that I had formed any expectations.

http://www.insighttechnology.com/

Maybe Surefire does have a superior product, just maybe.:eek:

aftermath686
12-08-09, 07:06
Maybe Surefire does have a superior product, just maybe.:eek:

I own both the WX150 and the SF X300. I would say that Surefires is not necessarily a better light, BUT Surefire's customer support is second to none. To me that is what I am paying for with the slightly higher price tag. The few times I have had issues with my Surefires they remedied the problem ASAP and were a pleasure to deal with.

patrol120
12-21-09, 03:43
I had the opposite experience. I have been running the Procyon for about a year now, and had my first one go tits up a while back. Don't know what happened, just quit. I called Insight, and they sent me a new one, no questions asked, and a prepaid UPS label for the old one.

I found them to be quite polite on the phone, and the fact they sent me a new one without seeing the old one speaks volumes, in my opinion.

cevtv
12-21-09, 14:10
the fact they sent me a new one without seeing the old one speaks volumes, in my opinion.

It could also mean they are aware of issues with it.....