PDA

View Full Version : Troy Di-Optic Aperture

Shawn.L
12-01-09, 12:58
Anyone have any feedback on these?
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/botach_2081_309126941

Amicus
03-06-10, 14:35
I'm going to bump this. Any feedback from users?

Nugentforoffice
08-05-10, 22:25
Need feedback!! Does Anyone Use These???? How are they???

Rated21R
08-05-10, 23:38
If you can wait till tomorrow i will give you a full review. I have a set on my SBR.

Amicus
08-06-10, 14:18
Since posting above, I have acquired one of these sights. My take is that the large aperture is very fast and clear, providing a huge rear opening and decent alignment with the front sight. With my eyes, the rear outline becomes very blurry, but accuracy and speed are very good, perhaps better than a round aperture.

But, the small same-plane aperture … another thing altogether. I can see through and around the sight outline, which is rather large for a “precision” aperture. It also, by design, lacks a top. The effect, to me, is a very blurry outline that seems to slow down proper sight alignment.

The notched top is for use as a “long range” or “offset” aperture, and appears to work well, although it is also slow to get a proper alignment. I liked the ARMS version of this style better.

All in all, I think this sight tries to do too much: providing a fast large aperture, a smaller (but still too large) same plane aperture, and an offset aperture notch. I would like to try the DiamondHead variant of this design to see how well that does, but not just yet.

Rated21R
08-06-10, 17:48
Just got back fromt the range and so far I enjoy the DOA. It lines up quickly and easily and allows for quick follow up shots too. It will take a bit more time before I can decide if I am sold or if I want to go back to the standard rear sight.