PDA

View Full Version : If you dont have access to a TV tonight....

theblackknight
12-01-09, 18:04
but have internet, http://www.whitehouse.gov/live

Submariner
12-01-09, 18:37
President Coolidge said, "The business of America is business."

President Eisenhower warned us about the military/industrial(/banking) complex.

President Obama will tell us, in effect, "The business of America is war."

theblackknight
12-01-09, 18:55
I shipped to boot camp last December,so Ive kinda been under the USMC's big desert digi rock, but Bve been doing alot of reading.

Didnt close Iraq like he claimed? i expected that. Dosent bother me.

Going to close gitmo? I dont really have a problem w gitmo but hes not closing it anytime soon.

Gonna repeal the Patriot Act? Good! oh wait, he signed it up for another go around.

Giant Fail.
:mad:

Ak44
12-01-09, 19:02
The guy talks a big game, and probably will start (barely) beginning the plans he talked about in motion towards the end of his 4 years so America can be suckered into electing him again. But that's just my opinion, I don't follow politics.

SW-Shooter
12-01-09, 19:27
Does anybody else kind of drone out after 20 minutes of listening to this guy talk?

wake.joe
12-01-09, 19:29
Does anybody else kind of drone out after 20 minutes of listening to this guy talk?

Yeah. My mind keeps drifting off to other things. Hard to keep up.

Haven't heard anything about strategy yet. Maybe I'm not paying attention, but I've heard more about the US and Pakistan than Afghanistan.
I hear more and more "This is what I want to do. This is how I feel. This is why I'm so great." This is nothing more than a big campaign speech, if you were to ask me.

Bighead
12-01-09, 19:30

That can't be true...all the talking heads say he is a great speaker. :rolleyes:

BTW...I agree with you. The only reason I have it on is to see the analysis after he's done flapping his gums.

Sam
12-01-09, 19:30
No desire to listen to him ever.

BH1
12-01-09, 19:32

I have no intentionof tuning in for minute #1 of listening to that guy talk tonight, tomorrow, whenever.

MarshallDodge
12-01-09, 19:35
I actually find the subject of his speech amusing but since they already let the cat out of the bag I will catch up on M4carbine.

I would feel screwed if I were a liberal. :D

SW-Shooter
12-01-09, 20:01
No desire to listen to him ever.

Know thy self, know thy enemy. If you don't study history you are doomed to repeat it. This man knows our history, and his path is obvious.

civilian
12-01-09, 20:30
Guess I'll be in the minority then. Thought he made a solid case for his plan tonight, and the only part I disagree with is announcing to the enemy when you intend to pull out. On that issue I'm with Senator McCain (who incidentally agreed with everything the President outlined, except the pull-out date concept). I'm not even necessarily against withdrawing at a certain designated time, but why announce it?

I also don't think he's planning on dragging this out over the course of this term. Unless I heard it wrong, he intends to get the 30k troops into A'stan by early 2010, starting as early as January. Add that to the 20k he's already sent over and he's at 50k total since taking office. And then there are folks like me who have volunteered to head out as soon as possible and are awaiting our dates.

Belmont31R
12-01-09, 21:52
Pull out within 3 years....gee just in time for the next election so he can "count on" the liberal support base.

Now all the Taliban and AQ have to do for 3 years is to play it safe, Obama gets credit for turning Afghanistan around, and helps the spineless twit get reelected so they have free reign for at least a 2nd term.

Mark71
12-01-09, 22:04
I wonder if we will see code pink and all the other nut jobs pick up their protests against the war. They have been on vacation since last November.

:rolleyes:

SW-Shooter
12-01-09, 22:05
Guess I'll be in the minority then. Thought he made a solid case for his plan tonight, and the only part I disagree with is announcing to the enemy when you intend to pull out. On that issue I'm with Senator McCain (who incidentally agreed with everything the President outlined, except the pull-out date concept). I'm not even necessarily against withdrawing at a certain designated time, but why announce it?

I also don't think he's planning on dragging this out over the course of this term. Unless I heard it wrong, he intends to get the 30k troops into A'stan by early 2010, starting as early as January. Add that to the 20k he's already sent over and he's at 50k total since taking office. And then there are folks like me who have volunteered to head out as soon as possible and are awaiting our dates.

There you go thinking like a CIVILIAN.

Robb Jensen
12-01-09, 22:15
There you go thinking like a CIVILIAN.

SW-Shooter you truly have no idea....

SW-Shooter
12-01-09, 22:51
SW-Shooter you truly have no idea....

I have no doubt civilian is a Patriot. I'm just saying that buying into the rhetoric is like being sheep.

Robb Jensen
12-01-09, 22:56
I have no doubt civilian is a Patriot. I'm just saying that buying into the rhetoric is like being sheep.

And from your comments I'm certain you don't personally know civilian? Am I right?

SW-Shooter
12-01-09, 23:17
And from your comments I'm certain you don't personally know civilian? Am I right?

No, not personally. But I've taken the time to read his posts. I usually do before I respond by quoting someone.

Submariner
12-01-09, 23:51
Now all the Taliban and AQ have to do for 3 years is to play it safe, Obama gets credit for turning Afghanistan around, and helps the spineless twit get reelected so they have free reign for at least a 2nd term.

The Yankee dollar will be a burnt crouton before then.

Remember: Osama said his goal was to bankrupt the US the way the muj did to the Soviets.

Pretty good plan...

civilian
12-02-09, 08:37
I don't know brother, he may have a point. I am kinda chunky like a sheep :D.