PDA

View Full Version : The next THE SHIELD.

SW-Shooter
12-01-09, 22:20
JUSTIFIED. March 2010 on FX

http://www.tv.com/justified/show/77651/summary.html

Rider79
12-01-09, 22:40
Looks cool and I'll watch it, but I don't really think it will be the next Shield.

Mark71
12-01-09, 22:48
I couldn't find any real info on the show online but I will definitely check out it. FX Series rarely disappoint.

Rider79
12-01-09, 23:04
I couldn't find any real info on the show online but I will definitely check out it. FX Series rarely disappoint.

If you watch Sons of Anarchy tonight they'll show a long preview of it.

Mark71
12-01-09, 23:21

I am stuck at work tonight so I missed it. I will watch it tomorrow.

Thanks

SkiDevil
12-02-09, 02:36

I caught the extended preview on FX after watching the of Sons of Anarchy. It does look pretty good. Another cop show, kind of reminds me of the movie the late Patrick Swayze did called 'Next of Kin.' It should be entertaining, nothing better than a great cop show.

EzGoingKev
12-02-09, 16:01
FX Series rarely disappoint.

You got an example of a disappointment right there.

Rider79
12-02-09, 16:30

Won't argue with you on that one.

Rayrevolver
12-02-09, 16:38
Speaking of police shows, did you guys watch Southland a few months ago? It was about the LAPD.

I am not a cop but I thought it was entertaining.

Should have a new season on TNT in January.

EzGoingKev
12-02-09, 18:59
Speaking of police shows, did you guys watch Southland a few months ago? It was about the LAPD.

I am not a cop but I thought it was entertaining.

Should have a new season on TNT in January.

Southland's story is kind of screwy.

They aired one short season, 6 episodes I think.

They renewed it for I think 2 seasons and shot at least one season and I thin they were part way into the third. They released the air date and then like a day or two before the 2 season's first episode was to air they announced they canceled it.

Then TNT and the other parties involved haggled over it and TNT ended up getting it and they are going to air it.

LRRP-87
12-02-09, 19:15
From what I gather about the series "Justied" is that the main character was raised in Harlan Kentucky and got into some shady stuff at a young age. He then moved away and became an officer of the law who's assignment is to go back into Harlan, Ky. and clean it up.
This blows me away, as I was raised in Harlan, Ky. There's also a shefiff there now who's following in his daddy's(Gunsmoke) footsteps. He's trying to clean up the oxy drug situation in the area. He even went so far as to arrest his own brother for being involved in the drug trade there. I don't think this is about or based on the next generation sheriff; but both the series and the real county sheriff have a lot of similar things in common. Can't wait to check it out.

SW-Shooter
12-02-09, 19:50

What? SOA is a great show, entertainment value is easily and 8 out of 10.

SWATcop556
12-03-09, 01:41
I'll definitely check it out but IMHO The Shield was in a class by itself. I miss that show.

Cascades236
12-03-09, 06:46

Agreed, it's not the best show, but I'm certaintly not bored when watching it.

NCPatrolAR
12-03-09, 07:09
Never cared for the Shield or any of the other police shows that are on the air

phixion
12-03-09, 11:33
The Wire. It was the best show on television, period.

EzGoingKev
12-03-09, 16:37
SOA is stupid lame.

"Remember, the outlaw showed mercy."
Then he jumped into his truck and popped in a Dido CD and cried all the way home so he could write some outlaw biker haikus.

Give me a break. They are like the gang that couldn't shoot straight - meet me at 10 down at the field for a rumble.

Do you really think SOA is a realistic portrayal of a MC gang?

The Wire. It was the best show on television, period.

Abso-freaking-lutely.

SW-Shooter
12-03-09, 19:35
SOA is stupid lame.

Then he jumped into his truck and popped in a Dido CD and cried all the way home so he could write some outlaw biker haikus.

Give me a break. They are like the gang that couldn't shoot straight - meet me at 10 down at the field for a rumble.

Abso-freaking-lutely.

Real bikers are actually bumbling buffoons, that's why so many wind up in prison. Not an actual portrayal, but there are some slight resemblances.

phixion
12-03-09, 19:44
Abso-freaking-lutely.

Why does it feel so good having someone else understand?! haha

HK51Fan
12-03-09, 21:29
SOA is Ok there are some cool parts. The main star is ol Peg Bundy....still hot....I'd do her.............still.

toasterlocker
12-04-09, 07:37

Do you really think anyone who enjoys it would watch it for that reason? I doubt you could find many fans of The Shield who thought that was an "accurate portrayal" of gang cops.

Screw "realism" in a TV drama. When I want to be informed, I watch a documentary or read a book. Sons of Anarchy and shows like it are for ENTERTAINMENT, not education.

LockenLoad
12-04-09, 14:14
SOA is stupid lame.

Abso-freaking-lutely.

I thought the last episode really sucked but liked it up until then, the way they took revenge was stupid, Zobel and Henry Rollins characters were 2 of the best roles

tusk212
12-04-09, 15:24
I'll definitely check it out but IMHO The Shield was in a class by itself. I miss that show.

Agreed. I would rather have The Shield end the way it did rather than have it hang around too long and get stale.

EzGoingKev
12-05-09, 08:39
Do you really think anyone who enjoys it would watch it for that reason? I doubt you could find many fans of The Shield who thought that was an "accurate portrayal" of gang cops.

Screw "realism" in a TV drama. When I want to be informed, I watch a documentary or read a book. Sons of Anarchy and shows like it are for ENTERTAINMENT, not education.
I am not looking to be informed, just entertained.

SOA to me is piss warm light beer.