PDA

View Full Version : Troy Medieval Flash Suppressor 5.56mm

usmcvet
12-02-09, 10:29
Have any of you folks used the Troy Medieval Flash Suppressor in 5.56mm? I want to know how well it works as a flash suppressor. Thanks!

BrianC
02-07-10, 15:19
Have any of you folks used the Troy Medieval Flash Suppressor in 5.56mm? I want to know how well it works as a flash suppressor. Thanks!

Have you found out how well this flash suppressor works, because I have the same question?

usmcvet
02-07-10, 16:30
No your response has been the only one. I emailed Troy and have ot heard back. They have a cool demo of how well the unit takes out a car window on their web site but nothing as of a few days ago on it's ability to hide the flash. I know Vortex makes a similiar product and I know their FH works very well.

Killjoy
02-07-10, 22:32
I have two uppers with the medieval flash suppressor and it works very well, a little better than the conventional A2 flash suppressor.

lawusmc0844
02-07-10, 23:54
I got one on my BCM middy and it does seem to work better than an A2 FH. I do think it is causing the slightly heavier recoil on my rifle though, need to switch back to see if that is the case. I love the "aggressive" end but be careful because it is sharp!

usmcvet
02-08-10, 20:52
Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it.

William B.
02-09-10, 16:49
In the Sept. 2009 issue of Small Arms Review they tested 6 flash suppressors on AR15's with different barrel lengths and different types of ammunition. Unfortunately the Troy flash suppressor wasn't tested, but if you are interested in checking out some other flash suppressors, then this is a good article with plenty of pictures.

ColdDeadHands
02-09-10, 21:10
I really like my AAC Blackout...shooting at night there is almost no flash.

usmcvet
02-10-10, 12:51
In the Sept. 2009 issue of Small Arms Review they tested 6 flash suppressors on AR15's with different barrel lengths and different types of ammunition. Unfortunately the Troy flash suppressor wasn't tested, but if you are interested in checking out some other flash suppressors, then this is a good article with plenty of pictures.

Thanks. The ACC and Vortex are clearly awesome flash suppressor's. I thought the Troy would be a good option for a 14.5" carbine if it was a decent supressor too. As long as it's a good as the A2 birdcage It's good enough for me. I have a Vortex on a 14.5" bbl and it works great. Just looking for other options.