PDA

View Full Version : First Build Finished

Scapegoat
12-02-09, 16:29
First off I'd like to thank the members of the forum for all their sage advice, I read a lot more than I post. Secondly I'd like to thank the guys at Rainier Arms for their excellent service.

I almost went the way of the RRA route over a year ago. I was lucky, their wait times were awful and I found out the error of my ways through this site. For my first AR I went with the Charles Daly CDM4-LE. That was great but I always felt like I kind of cheated on that so this build was envisioned. It's been an excellent learning experience, now time to save for an optic and training.

Without further ado, the specs and prerequisite photo.

VLTOR CASV-M Free-float Handguard
VLTOR E-MOD Enhanced Mod Stock Kit
VLTOR CAS-FS Flip Up Front Sight
VLTOR Flash Hider - VC1
Noveske 14.5 Afghan 5.56mm Barrel (Pinned & Welded Flash Hider)
POF Billet Lower Receiver - GEN I
Rainier Arms Ultramatch Billet Upper
Magpul MIAD Modular Grip - Full
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
Daniel Defense AR15 Lower Parts Kit
Noveske QD End Plate
BCM Bolt Carrier Group (MPI Auto)
BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle (Mod 3)
ARMS 40L-SP (Not in yet, some odd GG&G thing on there now)
Hoping to put on a TR24G in a Larue mount but money ran out…. :mad:

http://homepage.mac.com/carver/images/1stbuild.jpg

SeriousStudent
12-02-09, 17:45
Very nice carbine!

And the TR-24G is worth saving your pennies for. Grant will give you the hook-up, also. He had the best price I found, and will make you a package deal as well with the mount.

I'm really liking that CASV-M handguard. How is it working for you?

marh415
12-02-09, 18:01
Badass rifle dude, well done!!!

Scapegoat
12-02-09, 18:13
I'm really liking that CASV-M handguard. How is it working for you?

I really like the geometry of the unit and the weight or lack of I should say. Plus you've got a bunch of options on where rails can go. Only downside I can see is that the front flip up sight doesn't really lock up. I could see it getting knocked down by accident. May switch to another sight option if it becomes a problem. If I manage the TR24G then it might not be as much of an issue.

bradb55
12-02-09, 18:40
Nice Bro!
Hows that CASV-M handguard? Looks real nice man.

S391
12-03-09, 11:08
Thats a serious rifle, thanks for sharing. how does it shoot?

SeriousStudent
12-03-09, 12:41
I really like the geometry of the unit and the weight or lack of I should say. Plus you've got a bunch of options on where rails can go. Only downside I can see is that the front flip up sight doesn't really lock up. I could see it getting knocked down by accident. May switch to another sight option if it becomes a problem. If I manage the TR24G then it might not be as much of an issue.

Thanks for the info. I have a couple of carbines I am getting ready to put on a diet. I'd like to keep a rail on them, but am going to be Ebenezer Scrooge when it comes to weight.

Good luck on your scope purchase, I think you will really like it. The glass on the TR-24G is very nice for the price point.

TXGUNNER308
12-04-09, 04:24
Sweet rifle!

canucklehead
12-04-09, 12:24
Just got my TR24G last night. Haven't fired it yet, but clearing rooms in the basement is pretty sweet. :D

You won't regret the purchase - it will complete your already VERY sweet build.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e95/canuckleheaddave/Side3.jpg