PDA

View Full Version : Springfield XD 45 Duty Gun

Buck
12-02-09, 18:59
Well there XD fans...

I was on the range today and BHPD was on the next bay over... It seems that the City of Beverly Hills Police Department has just adopted the Springfield XD in 45 ACP as their new City issued duty pistol, and is transitioning all their Officers and Detectives over as we speak (or type)... The XDs are replacing all of the 15+ year old SIG 220s, that were also in 45 ACP.

B

BLACK LION
12-03-09, 11:57
I wonder if these newfangled adoptions of the XD45 are the reason for thier short supply.
I understand there are a fair share of naysayers but the XD 45 is very scarce as far as availability here. Even online most places are backordered or only have the "shiny" ones. I have come across a few random "service" model xd 45s but forget about finding the "tactical" model XD45... I know it took me 8 months to locate an all black one for a buddy of mine and I had to get transfered from out of state.

I am really interested to see how this all plays out. The XD45 is still very young and has a ways to go before it can be considered "proven".....

Thanks for the heads up!