PDA

View Full Version : legallities of buying F/A FCG that isn't registered?

E53001
12-03-09, 20:19
delete please

bkb0000
12-03-09, 20:51
i'd be real careful with this topic in a public forum.

"constructive intent," in the eyes of the ATF and SCOTUS, is that possessing NFA parts while also posessing a non-NFA weapon capable of receiving those parts is the same as possessing an unregistered machinegun. if he owns a semi-auto AR and FA FCG, he's in violation of the NFA. it's important that he understand that... but he can do whatever the hell he wants with them, for all anyone should care.

and now you've kind of outed him with this post... don't state here whether or not he owns a non-NFA receiver, built or stripped. a bored ATF agent could probably find out who purchased the FCG, which is still visible publicly on the website, and if you make it obvious that he's in violation, that might very well be enough for a warrant (probably not, but why draw attention?). you should advise your friend to ditch the parts ASAP.

maybe if you ask nicely the mods will delete this thread quickly.

khc3
12-03-09, 20:59
holy cow, do you mean people are paying $200 for like $50 of parts?

What a business model!

bkb0000
12-03-09, 21:03
holy cow, do you mean people are paying $200 for like $50 of parts?

What a business model!

true dat... ftfindustries sells 'em for like $80

chadbag
12-03-09, 22:47
Short answer: no it is not illegal to own a FA FCG

Long answer: what the other guys said. You don't want to be in possession of a FA FCG and also have a semi weapon / receiver / similar that they could conceivably be put into as, has been mentioned, they call that "constructive intent" which is basically the same as saying you really have a disassembled non registered machine gun which you intend to put "back" together.

dbrowne1
12-04-09, 09:44
Considering that there is zero benefit to using these parts in a semiauto gun and, and at least some risk (you'll get varying opinions on that), I'd say it's an easy cost/benefit choice to not use them. Especially at $200 - who is that seller kidding?

As far as just "having" them, again there's no benefit and at least some risk. If he has an autosear in addition to the trigger parts, he is running an even bigger risk.

Iraqgunz
12-04-09, 14:26
Too bad the question wasn't asked ahead of time. Personally I would not have spent the two hundred dollars and would probably be seeking a way to get rid of the parts and just purchase a quality LPK.

geminidglocker
12-04-09, 15:20
This thread is Idiotic, He either has the authority to own and use said parts or he does not. It sounds like you are a newb, trying to skirt the regs. Or you are a troll. I beleive the response you will receive here is "get lost." You either pay the tax or you don't. Can we all grow up? You are probably being watched for asking such a stupid question. What good is a F/A FCG if you do not have a registered receiver to put it in????????????????? Your "Buddy" obviously should not be your buddy. I'm glad you are not my "Buddy".