PDA

View Full Version : 77g NCC out of a 5R 223 one can delete now

5R milspec
12-03-09, 20:50
hey guys as you can see I am really new to this site.but just thought that I'd share with ya'll what I did at the range.well to start with I was told and come to think a 77g bullet would not shot good from a 1:9 twist.but hey I bought some anyway.went to the range the other day and shot this rifel some.and all of my loads shot around 1/2 inch groups at 100yrds.but when it was time to spank the primers on the 77g load I was slammed.just as I thought they shot about 1 inch low.the first went just above the last four.note that the first was a cold bore shot or flyer.then the last four went just under the first and made a .111 ragged hole.boy was I happy.

my load was a 77g NCC,with 25.0g of IMR4007,CCI 450,and seated to the lands in a Lapua case.I would like to post a pic of the target but when it comes to computers I really don't get along with them.sorry for that.but maybe me wife can figure out how to do it for me.or ya'll can e=mail me and I'll send it to ya,or should I say the wife will.LOLthanks for takeing a look and I really love the site.hope to make some friends. John