PDA

View Full Version : Job losses 11,000 in November 2009

Business_Casual
12-04-09, 09:34
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0432007920091204

Anyone else smell a rat? Right after Obama's "job summit" ended?

I think this will be shown to be incorrect.

M_P

VooDoo6Actual
12-04-09, 09:47
check.

Cold Zero
12-04-09, 09:55
They are manipulating the numbers.:eek:

Palmguy
12-04-09, 10:11
Net job loss, and somehow the unemployment number goes down. Hmmm...

tusk212
12-04-09, 15:27
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/8/128809809129380458.jpg

crusader377
12-04-09, 16:31
I'm an executive recruiter and although the job losses are slowing down from earlier this year, I would like to know more of data behind the 11,000 number. My personal belief is that the are using the increase in holiday employment from retailers and other service industries for this number. Many of these jobs are relatively low paying and are of a temporary nature. The biggest gainers for the month were service sector jobs which gained about 60,000. Manufacturing, construction, and higher end professional employment still lost jobs.

On a second note, I find it interesting that at Obama's job summit was devoid of small and medium sized businesses which drive 80% of the job growth in this economy. Pretty much all the representation was from very large corporations. Maybe it is the cynic inside of me but I bet in the next few months you will see news from large corporations like G.E. add thousands of new jobs and I bet that these companies will win more government contracts or other government favors for this.

Bottom line, If they want to increase jobs they need to lower taxes on businesses and private individuals. In addition, they need to halt job killers such as government healthcare and crap and tax (cap and trade).

milosz
12-04-09, 18:10
Of course they're jobbing the job loss/ unemployment numbers, just as Bush did. As Clinton and Bush and Reagan did before Dubya.

dmancornell
12-04-09, 18:28
Real statistics, minus the political whitewashing:

http://www.shadowstats.com/

Business_Casual
02-04-10, 12:24
Wow, it's like I can see the future or something:

http://www.vizworld.com/2010/02/lose-824000-jobs-employment-data-revised/

The U.S. may lose 824,000 jobs when the government releases its annual revision to employment data on Feb. 5, showing the labor market was in worse shape during the recession than known at the time.

M_P

ForTehNguyen
02-04-10, 12:29
"revised figures"
"more than expected"
"more serious than what was known at the time"

:rolleyes:

M4arc
02-04-10, 12:35
They keep trying to pull the wool over our eyes and I for one can't wait for the elections later this year and in 2012. I don't care what political party they are in...if they're currently in office I'm voting against them.

These crooks have proven time and time again that they work towards their best interest, not ours. That needs to change.

LMT42
02-04-10, 12:52
They keep trying to pull the wool over our eyes and I for one can't wait for the elections later this year and in 2012. I don't care what political party they are in...if they're currently in office I'm voting against them.

These crooks have proven time and time again that they work towards their best interest, not ours. That needs to change.

And you think there are honest politicians waiting to be voted in?

I get so frustrated at all the Dem/Rep bashing everywhere you look. They're opposite sides of the same coin. Vote one out so the other can screw you. I don't know how to fix the system though.....

CarlosDJackal
02-04-10, 14:38
I saw an analysis of those supposedly "600,000 jobs created" the other night and as it turns out they report government jobs that receive funding to stay in existence as a "newly created job". :rolleyes:

N4FAN
02-04-10, 15:17
All of the jobs that were lost are gone forever for the most part. There are a lot of people not working. There are also a lot of people raping the welfare system by having more and more kids and using thier "free" government handout paychecks to buy booze, cigarettes, ect... rather than being responsible. Meanwhile, their kids are failing out of school because they have no structure due to irresponsible parents and this practice is passed down through generations... Then there are those faking injuries and getting free money " our tax money" for fraudulent disability claims... Inreased healthcare costs due to fraud and lawsuit lawers... BIG problem there people!!!

This country sold out the manufacturing industry to other countries to make more profit. The jobs are gone folks. We are in for a long ride. Wait until interest rates hit because of all the irresponsible spending with nothing to back it up with but more lies. China keeps getting richer, we get poorer and further in debt... DOWNWARD SPIRAL...

Obama wants to punish success by taxing those who are trying to make a living, who are small business owners; the bread and butter of American society. He want to spread the wealth and give to those who are less fortunate. Most of the less forutunate are lazy and have no clue about responsibility. Most of these people are what I described above... Also known as parasites...

It is not doom and gloom, it is where this country is headed unfortunately from where I can see... Some people don't like to know the truth... they just want to ignore it...

I hope we, collectively, as a country, can get back in order. It won't happen for a long time. Probably about 10 generations from now...