PDA

View Full Version : Caution Atlanta, GA!

cmmoore628
03-09-07, 22:35
To those of you from Atlanta, GA or do firearm business in the area beware. I purchased what I thought was a Complete Stag AR from an Authorized Stag dealer (AR Bunker of Newnan, GA). Come to find out the lower was a Stag but they managed to pull a fast one and used a different upper. They gave me no warranty information, a operators manual for a M16A2 from 1985 (looked to be a military issue reprint). Had I fired it before noticing and something bad happen, I'd be SOL with no warranty and a mis-matched AR. Yes, they gave me my money back but they pulled the same trash with 3 previous customers that day. So, buyers beware of Country Pursuits (AR bunker) or Newnan, GA.

shark31
03-09-07, 23:15
thanks, it's a couple miles from me

k9dpd
03-10-07, 19:12
They are new owners and do that same thing at all the atlanta gun shows, stay away, far far away

Razorhunter
03-10-07, 20:52
I've been down there and spoken in depth about AR's with these guys, and they are about as ignorant as they come.

"ALL AR's are the same, except for the barrels" and other lame comments like that.

They think they know it all, and the reality is they know nothing at all...

tinman44
03-10-07, 21:22
I've been down there and spoken in depth about AR's with these guys, and they are about as ignorant as they come.
"ALL AR's are the same, except for the barrels" and other lame comments like that.

They think they know it all, and the reality is they know nothing at all...

so i recon the conversation didnt go long?

Razorhunter
03-10-07, 21:28
WTF???? "IN DEPTH" does not really equal a SHORT conversation... I've overheard them talking amongst themselves, and to other customers too... They're nice guys and all, but this is just the reality...

cmmoore628
03-11-07, 01:45
Since it seems like some of you guys are local, where can I get a good deal on an AR around town. Lookin to spend maybe $900-1000 tops on a quality AR Carbine with Quad rail. Thanks

REnightstalker
03-11-07, 04:27
i bought mine at adventure outdoors on south cobb drive in kennesaw. i only spent like 1000 on mine but it was in exelent condition and had a new eotech on it, they got alot of good deals there, and they are generaly nice people too, plus they got alot of other guns in stock too. isaw a few carbines there that were priced from 600 on up so finding one there isnt a problem, they take alot of trade ins too, my brother bought a savage tacticle rifle in 7mm magnum for like 500 bucks. so they gots deals.

REnightstalker
03-11-07, 04:34
To those of you from Atlanta, GA or do firearm business in the area beware. I purchased what I thought was a Complete Stag AR from an Authorized Stag dealer (AR Bunker of Newnan, GA). Come to find out the lower was a Stag but they managed to pull a fast one and used a different upper. They gave me no warranty information, a operators manual for a M16A2 from 1985 (looked to be a military issue reprint). Had I fired it before noticing and something bad happen, I'd be SOL with no warranty and a mis-matched AR. Yes, they gave me my money back but they pulled the same trash with 3 previous customers that day. So, buyers beware of Country Pursuits (AR bunker) or Newnan, GA.

i was prolly one of the customers the pulled the stuff with, lol, seriously do not go to this place. i went there and they just acted like a bunch of guys who never saw an ar before, one of the things i heard them say and i quote
"the on ly difference between an M4, M16, and AR15 is the sights and stocks."
i swear. i just left when i heard that. lol not a good business at all. i wont be back.

Razorhunter
03-11-07, 18:40
Adventure Outdoors is a good firearms dealer for the most part, but they really don't sell new Colts. They sell a lot of Bushmasters, Olympic Arms, DPMS (I think) and a Wilson or two. They also had a S&W at one time. I have never seen a new Colt, RRA's, or Stag/etc.
IF they sold Colt, that would be the only dealer I ever bought from. However, they have only had used Colts for the most part, and many were older.
Autreys Armory in Fayetteville is a good place to go IF you want a RRA's rifles.

The only Colt dealer that really sells a lot of good Colts, is way out towards Athens, GA, and they currently have a waiting list for Colt 6920's that is 100+ people long as we speak. The place I'm referring to, is Clydes Armory, and they are a great dealer, but Colts are just hard to get.

Davids Gun Room in Norcross is a pretty good priced dealer, but I have only bought optics and other accessories from them. I've never purchased guns, and I don't even know what kind of AR's they carry. Call them and check, as they are great folks, and have a lot of good stuff in their shop. Lots of Reloading supplies in stock too.

cmmoore628
03-11-07, 23:13
Yeah, I shoot and shop at Autreys every week. They do have a few RRA and 2 S&W (too pricey for me). They have a couple deals that I'm eyeing. I may have to give those other places a look too. Thanks for the help guys

tinman44
03-12-07, 21:19
so i recon the conversation didnt go long?:D

sorry i will edit it so you get my humor

jem375
03-12-07, 21:40
That's why I buy my ar's directly from DPMS and not some dealer that tinkers and "upgrades" parts on ar's.....

Razorhunter
03-12-07, 22:34
sorry i will edit it so you get my humor

I gotcha bro...

mtdawg169
03-13-07, 08:52

Good to know. Thanks from another local. I live on the Southside (Henry Co.) & knowledgeable dealers are few and far between. Autry's in Fayetteville isn't bad, but they are pricey on RRA. Definitely won't be going to Newnan any time soon!

Jeff308
03-23-07, 20:01
I live in Smyrna about 2 miles from Adv outdoors. It's a good place. Great fun to go in and lust for guns.

Plus it's good to hear who's live and who's memorex. I've never been to Autry's. I'll have to go and check it.
Thanks,
Jeff