PDA

View Full Version : Army order 3 plus TRX trainers

WillBrink
12-05-09, 09:03
As a fan of these gizmos, and as someone who uses one semi regularly, and have a few threads here recommending them, I think this is $$$ well spent:

FORT BRAGG, N.C. - The Army has purchased 3,205 TRX Suspension Trainer "Fitness Anywhere," kits to help deployed Soldiers get complete-body workouts wherever they can find a beam, doorway or tree limb to anchor the resistance-training device.

Soldiers already have mounted several of the systems to Humvees, tanks and cargo crates. The Force Trainer kits were bought by the Army Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation Command.

MWR employees at Fort Belvoir, Va., will send 205 of the combat-boot-sized systems to Iraq and Afghanistan as part of the recreation kits for deployed troops. Three thousand more were issued to Army units for a pilot program at Fort Bragg, where about 100 Soldiers volunteered for train-the-trainer clinics with instructors from Fitness Anywhere, Inc.

Source:

http://www.military.com/military-fitness/army-fitness/fitness-anywhere-kits-for-deployed-soldiers?ESRC=dod.nl

No, they are not the be all end all, have their limitations (as everything does...) but bang for the $$$ and the ability to use them pretty much anywhere (hence the name...) this seems $$$ well spent.

WillBrink
12-06-09, 11:08
Title was supposed to be 3k....doh! :rolleyes:

HK_Shooter_03
01-01-10, 17:24
Doesn't look like a new concept but they sure as hell made it marketable to the military!

CBTech
01-01-10, 21:06
What's up WIll? I'm from over at S/S.

I can vouch for these things. We have a bunch at work and usually set them up on the pull-up bars and break out the kettle bells to use in conjunction. That coupled with sprints or tire flips and you've got yourself a true kick in the nuts.

Standalone use is pretty boring but you can throw burpees or sprints in there to get you off the TRX for a minute.

WillBrink
01-02-10, 16:51
What's up WIll? I'm from over at S/S.

Waz up CB?!

I can vouch for these things. We have a bunch at work and usually set them up on the pull-up bars and break out the kettle bells to use in conjunction. That coupled with sprints or tire flips and you've got yourself a true kick in the nuts.

Standalone use is pretty boring but you can throw burpees or sprints in there to get you off the TRX for a minute.

Agreed, alone, comes under the "better then nothing" heading, but just a few extras as you are doing, stuff that can be found just about any place, and you have youserlf a killer workout. Try this some time:

Talk about mobile fitness. In the summer, I will put it in a back pack and go to the state part. I will hike/run a distance, attach to a tree, and do an exercise. Put it back in the pack, and repeat. That way, I can bring my exercise stations with me outdoors.

Makes for a great workout. I will do something like:

Hike or run X
atomic push ups
Run/hike X
back rows
Run/hike X
One leg lunges
Run/hike X
chest flys

And so on. As I am a crappy runner, and 5'7" on a good day, and 200+ lbs at the moment, so it's often more hiking (with purpose!) vs actual running, and the park I go to has various loops ranging from something like 2 miles to 10 miles.

Try it some time, it's a blast. Yes, you will look like some kind of nut and get strange looks, but I tend to use the paths least used by others in the part and go on a week day