PDA

View Full Version : White Oak Armament or Noveske?

jafount
12-05-09, 21:46
So I am looking hard at the photos and specs of the White Oak Armament 13.7 barrel and looking at my Noveske barrel and other than the fact that the Noveske comes with a low profile gas block installed, they look eerily similar.

So, can anyone shed light on this? Does Noveske actually make it's own barrels? If not, then who? Who makes the WOA if not WOA?

Is anyone here shooting the WOA barrels? Thoughts, opinions, critiques of this product? Thank you in advance!

Thomas M-4
12-05-09, 21:53
Noveske uses pac-nor barrel blanks and have proprietary polygonal rifling and proprietary chamber they also use a pinned vltor low profile gas block.

bkb0000
12-05-09, 21:59
i've had and have barrels from both.. and truth be told, i don't know. noveske gets their's from pacnor... i don't know where WOA gets their blanks.

keep in mind, however, that even if they're both pacnor barrels, that doesn't mean they're made the same. both turn their own blanks, at the very least.

both shoot great. my assumption is that noveske barrels will probably last longer than WOA, but i don't remember what that opinion is based off. the type of stainless steel used? not sure.

GreyOps
12-05-09, 22:04
I have both, but don't have enough rounds through each to be able to tell if there is a difference. Externally they appear the same, however I lack the gauges to measure internal dimensions.

jafount
12-05-09, 22:54
So then...is "you get what you pay for" a fair statement when it comes to the noveske?

Mjolnir
12-06-09, 00:25
So then...is "you get what you pay for" a fair statement when it comes to the noveske?
I'd venture to say that is a damned good statement for John Noveske, Mike Rock and WOA. And there are others, too.

jafount
12-06-09, 00:30
I really need to buy a 16.1 and have it cut and threaded. Anyone out there want to trade a 16.1 for a Crusader? :)

Thanks for making my decision easier. I appreciate this forum.