PDA

View Full Version : Iron Ridge Arms IRA-10 Rifles

FMJ556
12-06-09, 08:02
They sure look impressive. Looking forward to reading the reviews when they are released.

http://www.ironridgeguns.com/ira-10-complete-rifles/

9mmkungfu
12-06-09, 13:01
I have a couple of their receivers. They seem pretty nice.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-06-09, 13:57
They sure are pretty. I wouldn't mind some bare metal paired recievers to just leave out as an art piece :D

No price on the complete guns? That 18 incher is about what I contimplated building.

Looks like the recievers are a couple hundred more than the Armalite ones on their site. With ammo as expensive as it is, price differentials in guns mean less to me.

9MM Kung-fu-- Have you completed any of them?

ziggiey
12-06-09, 13:58
Would be interested in some reviews myself. Nice looking rifle.

9mmkungfu
12-06-09, 14:21
They sure are pretty. I wouldn't mind some bare metal paired recievers to just leave out as an art piece :D

No price on the complete guns? That 18 incher is about what I contimplated building.

Looks like the recievers are a couple hundred more than the Armalite ones on their site. With ammo as expensive as it is, price differentials in guns mean less to me.

9MM Kung-fu-- Have you completed any of them?

I have one bare stripped lower available if you want it. It's pretty that's for sure. I thought about building it up without a coating just for fun.

I'm working on one right now. The lower is complete; just waiting on some upper components. I didn't purchase the matching upper as I got a great deal on another brand.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-11-10, 22:48
There is a group buy/Commercial buy over on The Hide. Deals on stripper lower/upper pairs and complete lowers at a Shot Show discount. I finally broke down and ordered one.

9mmkungfu
01-12-10, 08:19
There is a group buy/Commercial buy over on The Hide. Deals on stripper lower/upper pairs and complete lowers at a Shot Show discount. I finally broke down and ordered one.

I saw that. I pretty much finished up the rifle, just waiting for some glass to come in along with a mount.

I have a DPMS upper receiver on mine, and when you push the takedown pin through to let the upper rotate downward on the pivot pin, it can only move an inch or two before it bottoms out on the lower receiver.

It's weird.

BSHNT2015
01-12-10, 10:28
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1384

I had a chance to look at one and it's a solid piece of gear.

9mmkungfu
01-12-10, 10:50
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1384

I had a chance to look at one and it's a solid piece of gear.

I like it. My only gripe is that I don't seem to have enough clearance to allow my upper to pivot downward on the pivot pin. It only moves maybe a couple inches. Oh well.

I still have an extra lower if anyone wants it :)

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-12-10, 12:17
I like it. My only gripe is that I don't seem to have enough clearance to allow my upper to pivot downward on the pivot pin. It only moves maybe a couple inches. Oh well.

I still have an extra lower if anyone wants it :)

I'd give them a call, or email them. I got an email backa t 10pm from them last night after I emialed them about the offer. While they make lowers and uppers, they advertise them as DPMS type, so I think it should fit.

What binds? The sides of does it bottom out on something?

9mmkungfu
01-12-10, 13:02
I'd give them a call, or email them. I got an email backa t 10pm from them last night after I emialed them about the offer. While they make lowers and uppers, they advertise them as DPMS type, so I think it should fit.

What binds? The sides of does it bottom out on something?

If you are looking directly at the front of the rifle (as though the muzzle were pointed at you), the area where the two receivers connect at the pivot pin.. in between the ears, that small area above the mag well. It binds with the upper receiver when I try to lower it for removal.

It's already taken some of the finish off so I've just said screw it at this point.

Stickman
01-13-10, 22:13
I've got a lower that I haven't been able to build up yet, its a work of art.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-14-10, 00:29
I've got a lower that I haven't been able to build up yet, its a work of art.

I know that the recievers play little role in how an AR performs, but I can't get away from spending money on them. A Magpul lower and now these. I rationalize it by thinking that ammo is so expensive now, what is a few bucks more for the rifle.

I'll post some pics when I get them.

Eddiesketti
01-14-10, 06:51
Wowsa:cool: I notice the forward assist is in the bullet deflector. I wonder why the change from AR types? I am sure these will be 2000+ to make a profit.