PDA

View Full Version : NFG checking in.

1stIDvet
12-06-09, 12:53
New guy here thought I would checking in. I just got out of the Army in July bought my own AR-15 in august. Looking forward to learning more about the platform and maybe helping. Thanks.

C4IGrant
12-06-09, 13:11
New guy here thought I would checking in. I just got out of the Army in July bought my own AR-15 in august. Looking forward to learning more about the platform and maybe helping. Thanks.

Welcome!

C4

NoBody
12-06-09, 13:12
Welcome to M4C! There's a wealth of information here and a good group of shooters.

Be safe,
NB

SeriousStudent
12-06-09, 13:58
Thank you for your service to our country.

There's some excellent knowledge in the stickied threads here. I learned a great deal just reading them. :)

Enjoy your rifle!

ziggiey
12-06-09, 14:15
More info on first AR, beware it's hard to stop at one.

DragonDoc
12-06-09, 14:19
Welcome to the forum. What BDE were you in? I spent time in the 1st and 3rd BDEs.

Safetyhit
12-06-09, 14:46
Welcome (although you are posting this in the wrong forum).

:D

1stIDvet
12-06-09, 15:20
More info on first AR, beware it's hard to stop at one.

It is a DPMS flat top. I put on nights armament rails, aimpoint comp M2, and a matech buis. Nothing specaial, basically wanted to model it off of my M4 i had in Iraq. I bought the rifle off a friend who had a baby and needed the money. So i got a good deal. $750.00.

Yes i do want 50 more all different!!

1stIDvet
12-06-09, 15:22
Welcome to the forum. What BDE were you in? I spent time in the 1st and 3rd BDEs.

I was in 1ST BDE, 1-5FA D BTRY when i deployed 06-07 to Balad. Then i was in 1ST BDE S3 for my last year in. Helping with the TT mission and being the BDE bitch with others.

1stIDvet
12-06-09, 15:24
Thanks for the welcomes. I was told this forum is better than AR15.com but i have not been on that forum so i cant judge.

1stIDvet
12-06-09, 15:27
Welcome (although you are posting this in the wrong forum).

:D

Sorry, i couldn't find where to introduce myself. Just figured General discussion would be alright.

geminidglocker
12-06-09, 15:31
SWEET! I was with 1st ID 1/5 FA, Hamiltons Own!!! Welcome to m4carbine.net. So, ain't it great to get away from Ft. Riley? I was in from 02'-05' Is SFC Newell still incharge of the Motor pool? He's a total ass clown. Is Col. Cabrey still around?? I was in Iraq for OIF 1&2. I went before the Battalion went because I volunteered to join 3rd ID. Then I came back and redeployet with D/4 Cav, the BRT for "Hamiltons Own". It's nice to see someone on here that has been in the same battalion I was in.:D

DragonDoc
12-06-09, 15:37
I was in 1ST BDE, 1-5FA D BTRY when i deployed 06-07 to Balad. Then i was in 1ST BDE S3 for my last year in. Helping with the TT mission and being the BDE bitch with others.

I was assigned to Fox BTRY for TT training in 06. I hope that four months is my last four months that I ever have to spend at Riley.

Enjoy your rifle and spend plenty of time on the one way firing range. I would take some carbine classes next. You will learn some things thatwe weren't taught in the Army.

MSP "Sarge"
12-06-09, 17:29
Welcome and thanks for your service!

bradb55
12-06-09, 17:58
Welcome aboard!

Tons of good quality info. You'll find a good home here

See ya
Brad

1stIDvet
12-06-09, 18:25
Welcome and thanks for your service!

Thanks

1stIDvet
12-06-09, 18:25
Welcome aboard!

Tons of good quality info. You'll find a good home here

See ya
Brad

Thank you

1stIDvet
12-06-09, 23:45
SWEET! I was with 1st ID 1/5 FA, Hamiltons Own!!! Welcome to m4carbine.net. So, ain't it great to get away from Ft. Riley? I was in from 02'-05' Is SFC Newell still incharge of the Motor pool? He's a total ass clown. Is Col. Cabrey still around?? I was in Iraq for OIF 1&2. I went before the Battalion went because I volunteered to join 3rd ID. Then I came back and redeployet with D/4 Cav, the BRT for "Hamiltons Own". It's nice to see someone on here that has been in the same battalion I was in.:D

That's awesome, didn't think i would meet someone on here who was in the same battalion.. SFC Newell not around, COL Cabrey i dont think he is there either. Yes it is nice to get out of Ft. Riley and know ill never have to go back. I have a couple friends that were in D/4 CAV. Col. Wesley is now the BDE CDR and as i was clearing the BDE got a new CSM. By any chance do you know a guy named SGT. or SPC. Leon Springer? Big tall guy.

-Faithful and True-

SWATcop556
12-07-09, 00:20
Welcome to M4C. Many more EBR purchases will be in your future.

Thank you for your service.

geminidglocker
12-07-09, 00:46
Nope, can't say I remember a Springer. By any chance was 1stSGT Pennington still with the troop? Is Captain Yuri Rivera still in the AID station? Folks come and go often in the Army, so I doubt it. Anyhow, the only good things about Ft. Riley are Atomic Annie( I got to climb all over her, if she were a woman I'de have.... ) and Popeyes Chicken. Junction City is still a dump I'll bet. I worked with the Troop for six months, then got transferred to HHB. We were working primarily out of Ramadi, Camps Junction City and Manhatten.
Well, anyhow, I'm glad you found m4c.net. It's by far the most professional of these type of things. It should be required training in the Army to read all of these threads, well, the technical threads anyhow.

1stIDvet
12-07-09, 14:50
Nope, can't say I remember a Springer. By any chance was 1stSGT Pennington still with the troop? Is Captain Yuri Rivera still in the AID station? Folks come and go often in the Army, so I doubt it. Anyhow, the only good things about Ft. Riley are Atomic Annie( I got to climb all over her, if she were a woman I'de have.... ) and Popeyes Chicken. Junction City is still a dump I'll bet. I worked with the Troop for six months, then got transferred to HHB. We were working primarily out of Ramadi, Camps Junction City and Manhatten.
Well, anyhow, I'm glad you found m4c.net. It's by far the most professional of these type of things. It should be required training in the Army to read all of these threads, well, the technical threads anyhow.

HAHA no one named above I can recognize. Atomic Annie, running up that hill, wont miss that! Junction City is still a dump yes and getting worse... I bet u do know some of my old NCO's, they talked about there previous deployment when they were in Ramadi, or at least they were there with you.

1stIDvet
12-07-09, 14:52
Welcome to M4C. Many more EBR purchases will be in your future.

Thank you for your service.

yes there is, I feel an itch to build one ASAP! Its almost like I need to, but I already have one.....