PDA

View Full Version : Source for Izhmash Poly AK Mags?

scottryan
12-06-09, 15:10
I want some new, current production Izhmash flat side poly magazines in either 7.62 or 5.45. Who is a source for these?

I know I can get Bulgarian ones but I want Russian to match some guns of mine.

TOrrock
12-06-09, 16:44
The only ones I know are coming in as "gray market" pieces.

The Russians won't allow genuine military gear (magazines, buttstocks, bayonets) out of old Mother Russia.....

So, guys will go over there or guys who have contacts over there who are willing to take the chance and expense (bribery) of shipping them out.

You might want to try Doug Ford, he might be able to point you in the right direction.

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/

tenpointer
12-06-09, 19:30
I just received from CDNN investments some Russian marke poly mags for the AK74. They are advertised as plum but all but one were black. The price was $24.95 each. Condition excellent.

kmrtnsn
12-06-09, 19:44
When the hell is Magpul going to start making AK mags? Travis, you listening?

RD62
12-06-09, 20:29

A big, HELL YEAH! To that!

-RD62

kmrtnsn
12-06-09, 20:31
Matter of fact, how about some Magpul AK furniture? Can I get an Amen?

scottryan
12-06-09, 22:17
I just received from CDNN investments some Russian marke poly mags for the AK74. They are advertised as plum but all but one were black. The price was $24.95 each. Condition excellent.

How used were these?

shooter521
12-07-09, 10:52
They are advertised as plum but all but one were black.

There are some very, VERY dark plum mags out there, but "true black" Izhmash mags are pretty rare here in the States. Do they have the "M" or "4" (looks like a tipped-over "h") ink stamp by the front locking lug?

cynical
12-07-09, 12:57

I don't know about Magpul, but the I think the "US Palm" mags starting to come out now are made by TangoDown. So far 7.62x39 only, dunno if 5.45 is coming or not.

Keesh
12-07-09, 13:37

Honestly, what would be the point? The Bulgarian 47 waffle mags and all poly AK-74 mags are built stronger than the P-Mags and just as reliable. With the price of new or slightly used surplus mags starting at under $10, I think Magpul would have a hard time making any money.

RD62
12-07-09, 16:35
Honestly, what would be the point? The Bulgarian 47 waffle mags and all poly AK-74 mags are built stronger than the P-Mags and just as reliable. With the price of new or slightly used surplus mags starting at under $10, I think Magpul would have a hard time making any money.

I've got Chinese Steel mags that were like $9 but they are damn heavy. Cheap but heavy.

I've got Bulgy Circle 10's that are lighter than the steel, but are 3x as expensive.

I asked what made the Circle 10's so expensive, and pretty much was told it was because KVAR was about the sole importer.

The US Palm look nice too, but are still supposed to be like $30 apiece. Maybe that price will drop some once they've been out a while, but I think a reliable, well built, US Made mag that offered lighter weight than a steel mag, less cost than a Circle 10, while providing compliance parts would sell well.

That and I think you could paint a dig turd FDE and slap a Magpul logo on it, and people would line up to buy it! Put it in a pic with Travis and Costa and you'd sell double.

Really though, if they could put them out at around $20 I'd be all in! I'll prob try a few US Palm when they are out. But I definately think there is a market for other non Pro-Mag/Tapco US Mags.

-RD62