PDA

View Full Version : POF roller cam pin

Cagemonkey
12-06-09, 18:56
Just saw these in the POF website. The idea seems to make sense. Similar to the roller on the M14/M1A bolt. Has any one used on yet? Do you guys think it will make a difference? The only downside I can see is its durability.

Cagemonkey
12-06-09, 19:09
Just noticed that you have to loosen the carrier key to install. That kind if kills any interest I had.

Iraq Ninja
12-06-09, 19:57
Just noticed that you have to loosen the carrier key to install. That kind if kills any interest I had.

For gas guns, yes. I assume it was designed for piston guns only.

Kchen986
12-06-09, 20:37
Probably offered as a solution for all the people who were displeasd with the cam pin wear in their piston upper receivers. Personally, the wear doesn't bother me, but a lot of people were unhappy with paying $2,000+ for a piston rifle that exhibited wear like that.

*ETA:*

An inherent 'flaw' if you will, of the AR is that the cam pin will tilt and rub against the upper receiver when the bolt face strikes and strips the next round. This theoretically becomes problematic in a dry weapon. (BCG moves forward, hits next round in mag, cam pin tilts, rubs against upper receiver, causes too much friction and stoppage occurs). Would a roller cam pin assuage this potential problem?