PDA

View Full Version : Woman calls 911, man breaks into her home 911 call listen to it!!

dtibbals
12-08-09, 00:03
EVERYONE NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THIS 911 call!!! A women is home alone and a man tries to break into her home. She calls 911 right away. After 10.5 minutes go by the man breaks into her home, police have been on their way for 10.5 minutes and had not gotten to save her yet. She is forced to protect herself. A total of ...over 13 minutes go by until the police get to her. If you think the police will be there in a blink of an eye to save your life when someone is determined to end yours think again. They can not be everywhere all the time. Do you have the ability to save your own life like she did? Listen to the 32 minute 911 call, it should give everyone a lot to think about.

I know probably all of us on this forum have the mental mindset to deal with this situation. Pass it on because so many do not and would be a victim. I have been discussing this very issue with my mom who is 60 and lives alone. I feel it is our responsibility to take the steps to protect ourselves and come to grips with what we maybe forced to do in a time like this. I plan on listening to this with my mom during the holidays, I hope she will take her life into her hands.

http://feeds.newsok.tv/services/player/bcpid4659235001?bctid=54313835001

http://newsok.com/woman-shoots-and-kills-intruder-in-lincoln-county/article/3422498?custom_click=rss#ixzz0Z2irEDR5

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-08-09, 00:25
Be great if you could run bookend ads on TV. One with the start of the call, go back to the show, more commericials, and then the next ad when the cops finally got there.

EzGoingKev
12-08-09, 07:01
The best 911 tape was the guy in TX that shot the two guys breaking into his neighbor's house.

Hearing the guy jack a round in the chamber of his shotgun is priceless.

John_Wayne777
12-08-09, 07:18
The best 911 tape was the guy in TX that shot the two guys breaking into his neighbor's house.

...you mean Joe Horn? Where he basically made it clear he was under no direct threat and that he went looking for a fight?

That's not what I would refer to as "best".

EzGoingKev
12-08-09, 07:33
...you mean Joe Horn? Where he basically made it clear he was under no direct threat and that he went looking for a fight?

That's not what I would refer to as "best".
Sure it was. He gave two scumbags what they deserved.

Two illegal scumbags at that.

GMZ
12-08-09, 07:50
Dismal that more people dont take responsibility for their own safety.

The best SD media I have seen is a man in AZ (I think?) that had CCTVs in the front of his house. A few ganbangers rolled up with guns drawn looking to rob him. Well you see a nice tight grouping appear on the windshield of the car. They left pdq.

whiterabbit05
12-08-09, 08:40
Wow.

Sending that link to my family.

dtibbals
12-08-09, 10:31
Well I hope that you send this link to those who don't have a way to protect themselves other than a phone. I hope those people will realize that this can happen to them. She did not want to do it but she had a mental mindset that she would not become a victim. It is always sad when someone looses their life, but it is even sadder when the good guy does.

John_Wayne777
12-08-09, 10:52
Sure it was. He gave two scumbags what they deserved.

...and got to face some pretty nasty consequences for doing so.

"They deserved it!" isn't a legal justification for use of lethal force in most places. Horn's 911 tape is probably best used as an example of how not to conduct yourself while on the phone with 911.

As for "illegal scumbags"...I only recognize one flavor of scumbag. Scumbags are scumbags regardless of race, creed, or national origin.

EzGoingKev
12-08-09, 11:04
...and got to face some pretty nasty consequences for doing so.

"They deserved it!" isn't a legal justification for use of lethal force in most places. Horn's 911 tape is probably best used as an example of how not to conduct yourself while on the phone with 911.

As for "illegal scumbags"...I only recognize one flavor of scumbag. Scumbags are scumbags regardless of race, creed, or national origin.

As far as I know nothing happened to him. He was never arrested and was later cleared by a grand jury investigation.

The fact that they were in the US illegally makes them bigger scumbags to me.

They went out looking for trouble and they got it. I wish more states would enact a castle law like TX.

dtibbals
12-08-09, 11:18
As far as I know nothing happened to him. He was never arrested and was later cleared by a grand jury investigation.

The fact that they were in the US illegally makes them bigger scumbags to me.

They went out looking for trouble and they got it. I wish more states would enact a castle law like TX.

Well I have to agree with John_Wayne777. I for one like most of us do not want to see a "scum bag" get away however as the 911 operator said it is not worth killing over. There is a BIG difference from what he did and what the lady on my original post HAD to do. He kept saying he was going to shoot them and it's not right what they are doing as compared to the woman who was begging for officers to get there so she wouldn't have to do it. BIG difference. For all of the defensive lethal force training I have had and role playing not once would they say that Mr. Horn was in the right. In fact they do everything they can to make sure you do not make poor decisions like that.

As much as we all like to see a bad guy loose Mr. Horn would not have wanted me on his jury. What he did was wrong and premeditated.

However this thread is not about what he did or the situation he was in. This thread was started so those who do not have a way to protect themselves can see the fear the woman had and can put themselves in her shoes, the difference being she had a way to protect herself, many do not.

Mac5.56
12-08-09, 15:12

Thank you for that.

theblackknight
12-08-09, 16:56
"Ive got a big shotgun honey, im not going in the bathroom"

DragonDoc
12-08-09, 17:28
I'm sending the audio and the news link to out to my Joes. I know they are ready to handle situations like these but the spouses might not be.

A-Bear680
12-09-09, 08:09
Still another home invasion incident , this one took place in the Midwest in 2008.

www.saf.org

The video is about half way down the page. The home invader's intended victim had borrowed a defensive handgun and ammo from a friend -- only a short time before the murderous attack. She survived the assault.

Cascades236
12-09-09, 10:26
A total of ...over 13 minutes go by until the police get to her. If you think the police will be there in a blink of an eye to save your life when someone is determined to end yours think again. T

This is very true, especially if you live in a county. As a police officer myself, I can tell you that sometimes where I work there's only 1 of us for every 20k people in the city working. This isn't something our mayor advertises when he proposes police layoffs in his efforts to balance the budget. Listening to the tape, it sounds like this jurisdiction suffers the same lack of officers...the dispatcher states only two were responding. Not to be all doom and gloom, we do catch a lot of these sons of bitches, hell I had a 56 second response to an armed robbery not too long ago.

We absolutely can't be everywhere at once. There's no doubt in my mind that officers responding were going pedal to the metal on this one and look how long it took.

That said, this woman is a freaking warrior. She remained relatively calm given the situation and knew what she had to do. She had a plan not to be a victim and went thru with it.

And remember, when you're on the line with 911 you're being recorded and subject to public disclosure. While I wish I could say there isn't a single prosecutor in the world who would charge this woman, stranger things have happened.

Bill Bryant
12-09-09, 11:23
I'm weeping as I write this.

When my wife was home alone one Hallooween night back in the days before there was a shotgun (or any gun) in the house, the intruder got in, abducted her, took her into the boonies, raped her repeatedly, stabbed her repeatedly, and left her to die. Only God knows why kids on a Halloween party hayride found her and got her to the hospital in time (six weeks in ICU).

The man who did this was caught, confessed, and did 13 years (!!!) in the state pen (should have been hanged). He's out on parole now and I know where he lives. We live in another state now, far from where this happened.

Needless to say, neither my wife nor I go about unarmed anymore, and no one--and I mean NO ONE--will ever come into my house again uninvited without facing an armed defense.

John_Wayne777
12-09-09, 11:29

He was cleared by the grand jury...after being a headline on CNN, being protested by "civil rights" groups, and generally having his life made into a living hell for months.

The differences between Horn's situation and this woman's situation are legion. She was in her own house. She was obviously frightened. She gave a clear narrative of what was happening on the call and made a clear account of the exigency justifying the use of lethal force. She even said repeatedly that lethal force wasn't what she wanted while maintaining her right to stand her ground in her own home.

She performed splendidly.

ForTehNguyen
12-09-09, 11:39
police didnt show up until minute 25 of the call :( She had to defend herself there.

Bill Bryant
12-09-09, 11:42
I'm sending the audio and the news link to out to my Joes. I know they are ready to handle situations like these but the spouses might not be.See my post above, and ARM YOUR WIVES!!!!!!!!!

jmp45
12-09-09, 12:03
I'm weeping as I write this.

When my wife was home alone one Hallooween night back in the days before there was a shotgun (or any gun) in the house, the intruder got in, abducted her, took her into the boonies, raped her repeatedly, stabbed her repeatedly, and left her to die. Only God knows why kids on a Halloween party hayride found her and got her to the hospital in time (six weeks in ICU).

The man who did this was caught, confessed, and did 13 years (!!!) in the state pen (should have been hanged). He's out on parole now and I know where he lives. We live in another state now, far from where this happened.

Needless to say, neither my wife nor I go about unarmed anymore, and no one--and I mean NO ONE--will ever come into my house again uninvited without facing an armed defense.

Bill, that is really heart breaking.. all the best to you and your wife for recovering.. That's one of the reasons we've armed ourselves, people are just flat out crazy now. My son was robbed at gun point in Cinti a few years ago coming out of kinkos. He gave them his mac book, phone and wallet.. he just wanted to alive. About the same time period 2 or 3 friends had similar experiences, one was a home invasion and he was beaten pretty bad.. Still though, I'm having a tough time convincing him to have an handgun in his home.. Hopefully someday I'll win on this issue. We visited last Thanksgiving at his last place, 2 doors away from a crack house, heard multiple shots and kids running in and out of the house. We called police, it took more than 20 minutes to show up, they just drove by, apparently no one was killed. He's in a much better area now..

Irish
12-09-09, 12:04
The audio is pretty intense and I really feel for the lady. I hope she recovers quickly from this horrible incident.

EzGoingKev
12-09-09, 12:25
The differences between Horn's situation and this woman's situation are legion. She was in her own house. She was obviously frightened. She gave a clear narrative of what was happening on the call and made a clear account of the exigency justifying the use of lethal force. She even said repeatedly that lethal force wasn't what she wanted while maintaining her right to stand her ground in her own home.
I agree 100%

She performed splendidly.
IMO so did Mr Horn.

M4arc
12-09-09, 19:23
That was pretty intense! God bless Mrs Jackson and I hope she can get over this and move on soon. She did outstanding and I don't think she could have done anything differently.