PDA

View Full Version : ICE Tactical gear question

Sam
12-08-09, 09:03
I saw this nice double mag pouch in a post here and thought I'd order one to try.

http://www.icetactical.com/pouch-doublem4quickdraw.html

They only take orders by phone or email, so I exchanged a few emails with them and paid via paypal. The person who took the order said that he mailed it, that was in early November. A month later I haven't received the item.

Has anyone else ordered from them? any problem?

GlockWRX
12-08-09, 09:21
There is lots of feedback about ICE Tactical over at Lightfighter. Little of it is good. Unfortunately, it sounds like your experience is not unique.

Titleist
12-08-09, 09:38
I have an ICE V3 adjustable belt, and from what I've learned from blackstone tactical (where I ordered it through) I'm basically the ONLY person they've actually got one too.

It's a shame since it's a great piece of kit. But your experience is NOT unique. I'm glad I went through a middle man on buying this belt. I've heard nothing but annoyance when dealing with him direct.

Sam
12-08-09, 09:56
Thank you gentlemen. I'm quite disappointed.

rob_s
12-08-09, 11:20
It appears to me that they are on the to-be-avoided list. I had hopes for some of their products, and he was going to send me a couple of mag pouches to T&E. Haven't seen anything and can't get a reply now.

I'm sure this could sound like sour grapes on my part, but the stories just keep getting repeated over and over when it comes to ICE.

Titleist
12-08-09, 11:25
Let me state this openly and honestly, the ICE stuff is exceedingly well made. IF you get one of this products you'll be happy with it.

The problem is actually obtaining the product is about as fun as nailing your dick to the floor. :mad:

snappy
12-08-09, 12:19
I have had only one experience with them but it was the opposite of what I have read here and elsewhere.

E-mailed a question re availability of a specific size/color of battle belt on a weekend evening, got a response that same evening (!), sent payment and was notified that payment was received and was notified again promptly when the item shipped. It took about 1 week to get here and as has been stated, the quality and design are outstanding.

Obviously there has been a wide range of experiences among members here with ICE, but my experience with them could literally not have been more accommodating or professional. Hope your order comes around soon!

Sam
12-08-09, 12:27
E-mailed a question re availability of a specific size/color of battle belt on a weekend evening, got a response that same evening (!), sent payment and was notified that payment was received and was notified again promptly when the item shipped. It took about 1 week to get here and as has been stated, the quality and design are outstanding.

My once and only experience with them is similar to yours up until the shipping part. Since then, they have not reply to my 3 emails inquiring about the shipment.

Iraq Ninja
12-08-09, 12:59
I ordered a multicam bivy bag and got it in four days. Excellent quality. Previously I had ordered a battle belt and had no problems.

I hope things are not returning to how they used to be. The talk on LF is about the old management of ICE. As I said before, the new ice is not the old ice, but it sounds like there may be problems now...

jtb0311
12-08-09, 15:41
I sent them an e-mail a long time ago about my interest in ordering some stuff, and they never responded. Oh well, my money went elsewhere.

Rotor Talker
12-08-09, 17:47
One side of the coin.

I ordered the TCCC bag from Hobey Walker back in October, sent a check, Hobey told me via email on tuesday the 27th, the TCCC bag would be sent out on the 29th, of October.

Have emailed every day for like 3 weeks, no response, tried calling, one number does not even work, other goes blank, noone answers.

I called all of his dealers listed on the I.C. E. website, ALL of them have trouble reaching Mr. Walker, all of them expressed their regrets that I have lost my money.

THE OTHER SIDE!

Charles from Blackstone Tactical told me he had an ICE tactical TCCC bag, and sold it to me , I ordered it on Thursday, and had it in hand on Monday morning, can't say enough for Blackstone Tactical.

I hope Hobey Walker makes good use of my money, since he's too irresponsible to keep his word as a businessman.

Respectfully,

Bob Darnell
Greenfield, IN

Sam
12-08-09, 19:11
Hobey Walker is the same man that handled my sale and now won't return my emails.

Is there anything I can do with Paypal to get my money back?

JSantoro
12-08-09, 19:23
Yeah, you can pitch a dispute on the charge. Somebody hacked my account and I ended up getting charged for a bunch of Skype accounts. I claimed fraud, and they returned my money to me. Six times.

Since it kept happening, I ended up canking my PayPal account entirely, but they were very responsive in getting my money back.

NCPatrolAR
12-08-09, 23:30
The only way I'll order any ICE gear (which I like) is by going through Blackstone Tactical.

Sam, I have a dual QuickDraw pouch that I'm not using. Hit me with an email if you want it

Go4broke
12-09-09, 04:34
Yup ... same old song and dance from ICE. :mad: Its a real shame because they make some real nice gear.

If you want ICE gear...call Charles at Blackstone Tactical and see if he's got anything from ICE.

Sam
12-09-09, 05:18
I wish I had searched their history. Thanks everybody. I think I'll drop an email to my friend NCPatrolAR. :)

gene
12-10-09, 08:09
I wont get into it too far; but if you cant get it from someone else, don't order it from Hobey. After my order, I got a hold of one of the guys from Ice on Lightfigter and he finally got me hooked up. But this was over 3 years after my order and it wound up being something totally different than I originally ordered. I appreciate the hell out of Paul, but my opinion of Hobey is best left unsaid.

the judge
12-11-09, 10:03
I ordered a multicam bivy bag and got it in four days. Excellent quality. Previously I had ordered a battle belt and had no problems.

I hope things are not returning to how they used to be. The talk on LF is about the old management of ICE. As I said before, the new ice is not the old ice, but it sounds like there may be problems now...

Yes and no....ICE is still ICE. There has been NO management change at all. There have been a couple guys that passed through the door that have tried their best to set things right for the consumer amid all the internet flaming that goes on, but it hasn't always worked out favorably. The owner is still the same. I'm not suggesting that the flame wasn't warranted at times either.

The issue I see is infrastructure...more often than not, I believe the order is ready, packaged, labeled and ready to ship in short order...but ends up sitting on the shelf and doesn't get shipped. The longer stuff sits...the more apt it is to be forgotten.

I personally have had no 'service' issues per se. But then again, ICE is a 40 minute drive for me, so I pick all my stuff up out of bins on the sewing room floor. :D

The quality of ICE Tactical gear in my experience has been excellent. My favorite piece of ICE tactical kit is their battle belts which are top notch. I also like their vertical tear away IFAK. I have used a tonne of different med pouches so far, and the ICE version has by far been the best to date.

TimW
12-14-09, 12:42
I received their MOLLE belt and suspenders to T&E about 9 months ago, with the idea of carrying it. I still had concerns about their ability to supply stuff, and the belt/suspenders weren't so great that I couldn't readily find substitutes for them (ATS and Blue Force Gear), so I never picked them up.

Even though Blackstone is a competitor (and across town from me), my recommendation is that if you want something from ICE, get it from Blackstone (and make sure they have it in stock first...I have no idea what Blackstone's ability to get stuff from ICE is...).

readyme
12-18-09, 17:30
I got a descent bag from them, but the communication was horrible and shipping was amazingly slow....I thought I got ripped off.

Sam
01-23-10, 00:02
You're not going to believe this, after 4 months, the mag pouch finally showed up. Mr. Hobey Walker even threw in a dump pouch.

Does anybody want to buy an extra ICE fast draw double mag pouch?

Rotor Talker
01-23-10, 07:11
I ordered a TCCC bag from him in October, posted above about that, I wonder if it might show up some day?

I might be interested in the extra pouch, can you PM me with details?

Heading off to the range, will be back this afternoon.

Thanks

Bob

PatEgan
01-26-10, 16:03
See my post (dated 26 January 2010) in the above sticky titled something like "First line war belts."

Pat

Rotor Talker
01-26-10, 16:15
I updated my experience with Mr. Walker, glad it worked for you, you must have caught him at a responsible moment, I did not and am out money for it.

We live and learn.

Bob

pazzo
01-30-10, 21:17
It's too bad there is so many negative comments regarding ICE gear on here. I feel bad for those people who got the short end of the straw.
I know Hobey personally and deal with him every week - fortunately in person given I live 10 mins away :D
He is an amazing guy and an incredible designer/sewer. I hope everybody's problems get solved soon.

TimW
01-30-10, 22:44
The problem, pazzo, is that these issues have been going on for YEARS. This isn't some new revelation.

calicojack
01-31-10, 04:08

Rotor Talker
01-31-10, 06:50
It's too bad there is so many negative comments regarding ICE gear on here. I feel bad for those people who got the short end of the straw.
I know Hobey personally and deal with him every week - fortunately in person given I live 10 mins away :D
He is an amazing guy and an incredible designer/sewer. I hope everybody's problems get solved soon.

If you deal with him every week would you PLEASE ask him to answer some of my emails or return at least one of the phone call messages I have left for him?

There's no question or debate that he does very good work, it's the follow through and responsibility for other people's money that is the issue, at least for me.

The guy is a thief in my book, at least until I either get my product or my money back. You can tell him I said that too.

Sincerely

Bob Darnell, Greenfield, IN

thegoat273
02-06-10, 13:43
Let me just throw in my .02. I along with many others was looking for the famous ICE belt. Not being able to get anyone from ICE Tactical to respond to emails, I CALLED Blackstone Tactical and spoke with Charles, on a Saturday morning no less. What a great company, Blackstone! I was informed that there was no telling when he would have more ICE belts in, Charles helped me with another selection, was very up front and honest. Charles went out of his way to help me and left a VERY satisfied customer here. I will go to Blackwater Tactical for many of my tactical needs from here on out. Just thought I would pass this on to you guys. Very happy experience here

RiflemanBobcat
02-08-10, 04:07
You're not going to believe this, after 4 months, the mag pouch finally showed up. Mr. Hobey Walker even threw in a dump pouch.

Does anybody want to buy an extra ICE fast draw double mag pouch?

Dumb question, I know, but does the above still stand, even 3 weeks later?

Steve
02-08-10, 07:33
I wont even get into the issues i had trying to get my belt a few years ago.

Rotor Talker
02-08-10, 09:03
I just sent my weekly email to Mr. Walker wondering about my bag or my money.

I'm sure it will be like all the rest, unanswered and unresolved.

I sure wish I had done my homework on him on the boards, I wouldn't be out $77.00.

Feel free to pass this a=on anyone who knows this guy.

Bob Darnell
Greenfield, IN

DiabhailGadhar
12-26-11, 04:05
OK I ALMOST started a new thread on this but in lieu (I have no clue how to spell that) I think I'll just ask and see if anyone has had any new found luck with this guy? I've got a older battle belt from this guy that I picked up used on the EE and would like to upgrade to a new adjustable one with suspenders, since I like my old one so well. Is this guy still dicking people around or has he finally seen the light? thanks for your time guys and sorry for bringing up old ish:suicide:

Rotor Talker
12-26-11, 13:29
No change as far as I'm concerned.