PDA

View Full Version : Gangland on the History Channel.

Rider79
12-09-09, 02:20
http://www.history.com/content/gangland

Anyone watch it?

Just came to mind because I'm watching an episode that I TiVoed. I like the benefit of knowing your enemy, but sometimes when they show these pieces of shit throwing up signs, etc., I wouldn't mind dropping a grenade in the middle of them. I have noticed with the new seasons that they seem to be running out of gangs to profile, so they've been profiling some gangs that seem to barely qualify as a gang. When they did the Vegas episode they talked about the Gerson Park Kingsmen, a gang that hasn't been around for years. Makes me think it may give these minor gangs a profile they don't deserve.

Irish
12-09-09, 02:35
I watch it... sometimes with disgust and other times with fascination as to how ignorant and callous they can be. It's kind of like a car accident where you can't stop staring but you should look away. Either way it makes me think of the Boondock Saints and what a blessing they would be... if only there weren't jail time for ridding our cities of the scum that's infested them.

Rider79
12-09-09, 02:47
I watch it... sometimes with disgust and other times with fascination as to how ignorant and callous they can be. It's kind of like a car accident where you can't stop staring but you should look away. Either way it makes me think of the Boondock Saints and what a blessing they would be... if only there weren't jail time for ridding our cities of the scum that's infested them.

I'd take the Punisher over the Boondock Saints, but that's just me.

Irish
12-09-09, 02:57
I'd take the Punisher over the Boondock Saints, but that's just me.

It's the first thing that came to mind ;) New job and out in CA right now, be back soon and I'll call you to do some shooting.

Spoon
12-09-09, 12:47
I've been watching them to, pretty interesting. I think the New Orleans gangs make the other gangs look like boy scouts. Also never new about that 60 day law in New Orleans.

VAKafir
12-09-09, 13:47
I watched some of that Gangland marathon they had on History the other day. The ones south of the border did some brutal stuff....boiling bodies in 55gal drums of diesel. Alive or dead that sends a message. After watching those shows, I wondered who is the better(worse) shot: average dirt bag gang-banger vs. average dirt bag Taliban?

SteyrAUG
12-09-09, 15:37
Hate that crap.

First off it is part of what ruined The History Channel along with Ice Road Truckers, Monster Quest, UFO Files and a lot of other crap that belongs on The Discovery Channel.

Second, more than anything else it serves as a basis to glorify scumbags for a whole new generation of wannabes who emulate them and continue to make America a hellhole.

These POS should never get any TV time except for bus loads of them being driven into the Pacific.

BrianS
12-09-09, 15:42
I like the Chapelle Show skit making fun of this kind of show, but not the actual shows, although the few I have seen really are started over things this pathetic:

http://www.spike.com/video/dave-chappelle-gang/2894756

"It's called crack. It's great, and it's so simple to make! All you need is some cocaine and some baking soda, and I think I tasted egg and cinnamon."

:D

John_Wayne777
12-09-09, 15:45
It's got some useful content, as do the shows about murder investigations on A&E. If nothing else it helps you learn to identify what a scumbag looks like and should help you understand why you should be prepared to kill one should they try to turn you into a statistic.

baffle Stack
12-09-09, 15:49
I can't stand that show.

vaglocker
12-09-09, 16:12
It's got some useful content, as do the shows about murder investigations on A&E. If nothing else it helps you learn to identify what a scumbag looks like and should help you understand why you should be prepared to kill one should they try to turn you into a statistic.

I like those shows especially "The first 48". One thing I can never get over is what freakin idiots most of the criminals are. They just love to talk to the cops during the interogations. I guess they never heard of lawyering up

Longhorn
12-09-09, 16:50
Hate that crap.

First off it is part of what ruined The History Channel along with Ice Road Truckers, Monster Quest, UFO Files and a lot of other crap that belongs on The Discovery Channel.

Second, more than anything else it serves as a basis to glorify scumbags for a whole new generation of wannabes who emulate them and continue to make America a hellhole.

These POS should never get any TV time except for bus loads of them being driven into the Pacific.

I can understand how you feel it glorifies these idiots.

But I've watched it as more of an "educational" tool into what these guys are about, their history, their colors, their tags, ink etc.

One episode had the Sheriff's Office I'm fixing to start work for and their "struggle" with a gang here...so at least if nothing else, that one episode opened my eyes at least to their antics.

JHC
12-09-09, 17:52
I like it. All the more after one episode they flashed the mugshot of one of my high school classmates, Spike O'Neil. I got a kick outta that one.

NCPatrolAR
12-09-09, 18:16
I've only watched one episode because I was working the night the investigation started and the morning the indictments were served

theblackknight
12-09-09, 18:21
Ive watched them, but all gangs operate differently in different regions.

Have they covered West Vietnam, errrrr, I mean West Palm Beach Florida yet?

SWATcop556
12-09-09, 19:46
I've watched a few episodes. Some of their intel on the Aryan gangs is incorrect but not bad over all.

I don't see how it glamorizes the gang life and beside, I don't see a bunch of future potential gangbangers sitting around with mom and dad taking in a night of the history channel.

kaiservontexas
12-09-09, 21:25
Hate that crap.

I agree.

I also think Gangland is scripted. Nobody gets on tv saying they killed x many people. The police investigators would be beating the producers door in two seconds. No statute of limitations on murder. I have seen prison programs where even those convicted will not discuss anything due to prison politics and fear of being clipped. I think they take a police dossier on the specific gang and run with it. And no way in hell is a hardass going to get on television and discuss his business/gang business without problems. I love how they give the name but hide the person's face. It is garbage.

Cascades236
12-10-09, 10:34
I've watched a couple..... it's television. They make tiny street gangs into full on mobs. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Rider79
12-18-09, 01:01
I don't know if anyone watched tonight's episode, but they showed a nice video of a Oklahoma Sheriff's deputy dropping a gangbanger with a single headshot at about 20 yards while the target was moving after he opened fire in a crowded mall.

It might be wrong of me, but I laughed out loud.

SWATcop556
12-18-09, 01:53
No I didn't. But I'm headed to the DVR now.