PDA

View Full Version : Select Fire FN FAL

hahagobangbang
03-11-07, 16:29
Just wondering if anyone out there has any thoughts on select fire uppers for a FN FAL. The rifle is presently outfitted with a light contour 20" barrel. My wishes are to obtain a complete16" barreled upper, w/bolt, that would be compatible with the select fire lower. Since I live in rural Alaska there are no gunsmiths locally and am unsure about travel with or the shipping of select fire weapons. Any experience or knowledge that can be contributed will be greatly appreciated. I am working through an NFA dealer here but am undecided on the rifle in it's present configuration.

davidp14
03-12-07, 09:02
I assume you already know that the upper receiver is the registered part on FAL's. So the "select fire lower" is just a $50 part. If you want a shorter barrel on your F/A FAL, you'll need to rebarrel it. each "upper" you buy would be another $10k NFA MG.;)

rebarreling a FAL is easy enough but I find a reputable, and most importantly, insured, gunsmith to do it.

troy
04-02-07, 06:55
stashed away some LIAI receivers from 94' and now I want to build.

where are the good parts hiding. I saw some Lithgow kits for $400 each.

I have an israeli H bar that needs a select bolt and carrier replacement.

Where do I go fish?

ullie
04-20-07, 19:03
stashed away some LIAI receivers from 94' and now I want to build.

where are the good parts hiding. I saw some Lithgow kits for $400 each.

I have an israeli H bar that needs a select bolt and carrier replacement.

Where do I go fish?

...i have a L1A1 parts set i purchased in 92...it's complete less the upper reciever and safty sear ( front autosear)...e-mail me and perhaps we can work something out...

ullie

Robb Jensen
04-20-07, 19:12
They're FUN! , hard to control and the transferable full auto FALs are very expensive.

My old boss had a 'dealer sample' Imbel FN-FAL. I put about 1K rounds through it 99% of that was full auto. He also had a 'dealer sample' full sized IMI UZI and a 1927 Thompson that I used to shoot a lot with as well.

Cameron
04-20-07, 19:35
Select fire FALs are fun but would be a PITA to hang on to...

Although this guy does a good job of it.

FAL Paratrooper Machinegun Video Clip #1 (http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/smith/fal/falmovie1.mpg)

FAL Paratrooper Machinegun Video Clip #2 (http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/smith/fal/falmovie2.mpg)

FAL Paratrooper Machinegun Video Clip #3 (http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/smith/fal/falmovie3.mpg)

Cameron

Ross
04-21-07, 01:30
I shot one a couple of times in the Army. They're neato and all, but not too easy to control. They fire alot slower than a G-3 (as in the real G-3).

Frankly if I was going to go with a class 3 FAL, I'd go with a heavy barrel and a bipod. Makes the full-auto feature worth it. I've never fired one on full-auto with the light bipod, so I don't know if that would work out OK or not.

troy
02-05-08, 03:28
Which Parts Kits and the durability of hard automatic? What parts should I look for that make the difference in the one shot to get it right category?

Which LIAI import kit is more durable?
British, Australian, etc.?

Which FAL import kit is more durable?
SAR-48 isreali, Stg.,etc.?

Sources to go to and expertise? DSA has some paratrooper folding stocks that look promising yet cost $430.00 and may be FAL metric only.

Next Part: Which parts are exchangeable! Metric Fal guy said he installed an LIAI with sand cut carrier and bolt without problems. So what really gives? Which manufacturers, countries, PARTS and kits are interchangeable???
Another guy states a one piece firing pin and the other is a two piece firing pin!

Where do I go from here, Ill pay to not blow up my own gun and I want to really know the skivvy.