PDA

View Full Version : Moving States with a NFA

docsherm
12-10-09, 15:31
What do you do if you move from a NFA state to another NFA state? I am in the MIL and this is always a possibility. Does anyone know if being in the MIL you can just keep your trust with your home of Record? Thanks.

Iraqgunz
12-10-09, 23:23
As far as I know you simply fill out some forms and notify the BATFE. I believe that the original Trust info stays in effect, but I could be wrong.

What do you do if you move from a NFA state to another NFA state? I am in the MIL and this is always a possibility. Does anyone know if being in the MIL you can just keep your trust with your home of Record? Thanks.

Munch
12-11-09, 06:13
Here you go....

"Moving Registered NFA Firearms Intrastate

Registrants are not required to obtain permission from ATF to move NFA firearms within their State of residence. However, if a registrant’s address changes after the NFA firearms are registered with ATF, please notify the NFA Branch in writing of the change so the NFRTR can reflect the registrant’s correct address."

msr
12-18-09, 00:28
He is asking about interstate. You must submit the paper work for a change of address and receive approval before you make the move. Note you have to have an address you are moving the firearm to on the form. The last one I submitted took 21 days. The process is usually about that quick.

Munch
12-18-09, 05:40
I omitted the quotation marks in my post above indicating the statement was directly from NFA Branch published literature; they are now included.

Boss Hogg
12-18-09, 08:54
File a 5320.20 and mark permanent change of address.