PDA

View Full Version : Double Star

newbie9mil
03-12-07, 09:24
I am thinking about getting a kit from Double Star Corp. What do you guys think about Double Star? They are distributed by J & T Distributing. Thanks for your assistance.

SinnFéinM1911
03-12-07, 09:37
They are one in the same company. Father runs one and sone runs the other I beleive). They are good to deal with, they make a quality part for a decent price and the customer service is great also.

It all comes down to how much you want to $$ and what you expect out of your purchase.

MaceWindu
03-12-07, 10:03
Double Star lowers are GTG...mil spec, forged, and nice and snug in fit....thumbs up.

Mace

rhino
03-12-07, 15:23
I bought a barreled flat top upper (16 inch skinny, chrome lined) from J&T at the Indy 1500 gun show in January. I've only fired 224 rounds through it, but function with my Bushmaster lower and a brand new LMT bolt carrier group is 100% so far.

Accuracy is a question as of yet. Groups (when zeroing) look to be at least 50% bigger than those from the Bushmaster AK Shorty upper it replaced. That doesn't make me happy, but the verdict is still out.

NeilsonTactical
03-15-07, 10:21
I bought a barreled flat top upper (16 inch skinny, chrome lined) from J&T at the Indy 1500 gun show in January. I've only fired 224 rounds through it, but function with my Bushmaster lower and a brand new LMT bolt carrier group is 100% so far.

Accuracy is a question as of yet. Groups (when zeroing) look to be at least 50% bigger than those from the Bushmaster AK Shorty upper it replaced. That doesn't make me happy, but the verdict is still out.

Send it back to them, they guarantee 1 MOA at 100 yards.

I own a safe full of their lowers and would put them next to any out there.

:)

SinnFéinM1911
03-15-07, 19:59
What kind of ammo are you shooting ?

rhino
03-16-07, 08:27
All but one magazine (which was XM193 I used to verify my zeroes) was Guatemalan IMG M193-spec. It shoots pretty well in my other upper (which I sold!) and other guns.

Thanks for the tip about sending it back. I'll have to check on what ammo they specify for their 1 MOA guarantee and shoot some of it before I get too excited.