PDA

View Full Version : Rem GSB40SWA

12-10-09, 23:18
Is there any info out there on the Remington 165gr .40 S&W Bonded Golden Sabers? I have not been able to find any online, but I don't have all the resources some of you guys have.

If there isn't any, and someone wants to properly test some, I might be willing to donate a couple handfulls of the ammo.

Marcus L.
12-11-09, 09:21
Most likely it will be a good load. Remington......like Speer, Federal, and Winchester perform the standard FBI gel tests and what loads have been tested have performed well.

Plus, the 165gr load at 1150fps is a great all around performer. Good sectional density and high velocity to ensure good pistol function and reliable bullet expansion. The only downside is a little more recoil than the more commonly used 180gr.

DocGKR
12-11-09, 10:50
Last time we shot some Rem Golden Saber Bonded, it had some issues, however, that was quite a few years ago and it is likely time we should re-test it.

12-12-09, 11:52
Do you remember what sort of issues? This is our duty load (which is how I ended up with some extra) so its performance is something I have a particular interest in.