PDA

View Full Version : 2010 SHOT Show

0311Matt
12-11-09, 08:44
Any folks going to be at the 2010 SHOT Show in Las Vegas, Jan 19-23?

I'm flying in on the 18th, and will be at the show from the 19th through 22nd; no booth, but will be walking the show.

Mods, if there's already a 2010 SHOT Show thread, feel free to merge this thread. I attempted a search, however it wouldn't load through.

JSantoro
12-11-09, 08:56
Yeah, in on the 18th and out on the 22nd. Tried to convince my Project Officer that it ws in the best interests of the gov't to send me, but I think pinged his bullshit meter :(, so it's out of my pocket.

I got a helluva deal from United Vacations, spending less on this trip than I did to attend 2 days of SHOT in Orlando this past winter, and I need to burn up some accumulated vacation time before I lose it.

LOKNLOD
12-11-09, 09:09
Looks like I'm going to be getting to make a short trip of it late in the week.

C4IGrant
12-11-09, 10:16
Will be there!

C4

Alex V
12-11-09, 10:31
Damn industry only shows... :(

At least I can go to PRI if I want to...

Take lots of pictures guys!

Titleist
12-11-09, 10:52
Totally there. See you guys in 1.5 months.

ToddG
12-11-09, 11:40
Yup.
(the message I have entered is too short)

VooDoo6Actual
12-11-09, 11:47
Check.

ZDL
12-11-09, 16:48

Rider79
12-11-09, 17:47
I'll be there. We should try to have an informal forum get together or something. I'm just happy its during the week so I don't have to work all night after being there all day.

Irish
12-11-09, 18:19
I live here... anybody got any credentials I can borrow :D

Propblast
12-11-09, 18:45
I'll be there.

Robb Jensen
12-11-09, 21:38
I'll be there all four days this time. Staying at the Bellagio again.

Titleist
12-11-09, 21:39
M4C dinner meet up?

GLOCKMASTER
12-12-09, 06:23
Unless my schedule happens to change I should be there.

Sam
12-12-09, 10:38
I'll be there Tuesday through Friday.

ZDL
12-12-09, 21:58

JSantoro
12-12-09, 22:35
I really think that being LE is enough, for the most part, but I'll admit to that being idle speculation on my part. I know that they have some sort of "gov't purchaser" designation or some such (couple of our guys are going under that heading, I'm going under Training).

Talk to your training department, quartermaster, or whomever deals with gear acquisition. If they're cool, have them identify you as a representative of the department or of them, keeping tabs on the state of the industry; on department letterhead. I go on my own dime, but I still fulfill a business purpose by reporting on stuff I think may be of interest to our program. Last year, it was LEP (laser eyewear protection) sources, pricing, availability, production capability, crap like that. That keeps it legit, which is important to me.

Bottom line, they WANT people to attend.

Sam
12-13-09, 09:09
After last year, there was talk about changing the admission and/or qualification verification policy. I'm specifically interested in are they allowing LE to attend but overall if someone could inform others about any changes, it might help. Thanks.

Yes, LE are allowed to attend. Below is the new entrance requirement cut and paste from the SHOT show website:

Please note there are new criteria for attendee registration for this trade-only event.

If you are unable to provide us with a valid FFL Number or NSSF Member ID you may be asked to provide the following to gain admittance.

Attendance at the SHOT Show is RESTRICTED to the shooting, hunting and outdoor trade and commercial buyers and sellers of military, law enforcement and tactical products and services ONLY. The show is not open to the public, and NO one under age 16 shall be admitted (including infants).

Attendees and guests seeking admission to the show must submit the following information at the time of registration (whether online at shotshow.org or in-person at the show):

Current and valid government issued photo identification (e.g. driver’s license, passport, etc.)
PLUS

Documentation demonstrating current shooting, hunting and outdoor trade affiliation or commercial involvement in the military, law enforcement or tactical markets
Note: Show exhibitors and media subject to different credentialing requirements.

Acceptable Documentation Demonstrating Trade or Market Affiliation
In addition to current and valid government issued photo identification, attendees must provide at least one of the following:

Purchase order or invoice issued or received by your company dated within the last 6 months for shooting, hunting, and related outdoor, military, law enforcement or tactical products or services. Invoices and receipts must show your company name and current business address
Business license that includes your company name and business address and which describes your company as related to the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the military, law enforcement or tactical markets (Please do NOT send a tax ID)
Resale certificate that includes your company name and business address and which describes your company as related to the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the military, law enforcement or tactical markets
Commercial lease identifying your company name and current business address and which sufficiently demonstrates your company affiliation with the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the military, law enforcement or tactical markets
Company business advertisement in a print magazine, journal, etc. published during the last 6 months related to the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the military, law enforcement or tactical markets
Company website identifying your company name and current business address and which sufficiently demonstrates your company affiliation with the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the military, law enforcement or tactical markets
A letter of intent from an attorney or bank on official letterhead stating that you intend to start a business related to the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the military, law enforcement or tactical markets (this is acceptable for new businesses only)
Current employee ID card with photo issued by a business in the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the military, law enforcement or tactical markets
Other appropriate documentation that clearly demonstrates, as solely determined by show management, you or your company is affiliated with the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or the military, law enforcement or tactical markets
Registrations submitted without current and valid identification AND documentation demonstrating trade or market affiliation will not be processed. The show reserves the right to permit or deny admission to anyone based on information provided, to accept or reject information submitted, and to request additional information, at any time.

ToddG
12-13-09, 09:46
Bottom line, they WANT people to attend.

They want organizational buyers to attend, not individual consumer. That's why there has been this push for more restrictive attendance requirements. It's a trade show, not a consumer show. Far too many people drop by thinking it's just a really cool gun show.

When 50% of the people coming into your booth are just idly curious about your products, have no budget to buy in bulk, and aren't even qualified buyers (i.e., Joe Sixpack who doesn't have an FFL hanging out at the Glock booth) it gets in the way of the show's purpose, which is connecting manufacturers with buyers.

Nick710
12-13-09, 10:18
Me and the wife will be there, (well, I'll be there most of the time, she'll be at the Bellagio spa)

Tom_Jones
12-13-09, 13:32
deleted

Rider79
12-13-09, 16:44
Do we have any NV CCW instructors here that would be willing to hold an evening class for those of us attending the show?

Since NV stopped recognizing FL and UT permits I'd like to take the class and apply for my non-resident permit while I'm in town. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Yes. If we have enough people together, I'm sure I can work something out for a group through my guy.

ToddG
12-13-09, 17:49
Yes. If we have enough people together, I'm sure I can work something out for a group through my guy.

If I can make it fit my schedule, count me in.

Robb Jensen
12-13-09, 18:17
If I can make it fit my schedule, count me in.

I'm in as well if I can fit it in, is this a one day class?

ToddG
12-13-09, 18:26
I cannot give up a day of the show for it. If it's something we can do one evening, though, I'm in.

d90king
12-13-09, 19:01
I cannot give up a day of the show for it. If it's something we can do one evening, though, I'm in.

You better practice up to make sure you can pass the shooting requirements.:D

On a side note:

Not so sure the firearms industry is doing the smartest thing by eliminating the consumer in this event. My thoughts are that they could have a couple days open to 18 and older consumers, and it would achieve their end goals more effectively.

Yes, they are catering to the community of dealers, LE and trainers who will buy/sell, use and promote what they see, but there are also a lot of FUDD dealers, and those same guys, that will sell a Bushmaster as the mil spec rifle that our soldiers use...:rolleyes: The end goal for the companies that are representing their new offerings, is to sell the products that they are promoting to you. They are relying on the dealers to promote their products based on what they are shown during the show.

Why take away another advertising avenue that is available to you?

If you allowed the consumer to attend on a limited basis, I believe that the end users could be great spokesmen for different manufactures that are offering new products. If you wanted, you could limit it to those that have a LTCF, CCW etc..

Think about it as a car show, like LA but for firearms, where there are times for private viewing for industry professionals, and a different time for the end user. I am sure dealers would enjoy pre selling orders to the guy just getting back from the show. (I can tell you there is a reason the automobile industry does it, and that's because it works). The firearms market is not a whole lot different than cars. Its big, very big.

Think about it from the training profession... You are making the consumer aware of services recently made available to them that they may have never heard about if they hadn't gone to the show... Just a few rambling thoughts as a business owner.

Robb Jensen
12-13-09, 19:04
If you want to see what the industry people see at SHOT Show go to the NRA Show.

ToddG
12-13-09, 19:05
d90 -- I understand what you're saying, but there are other shows (especially the NRA Show) which are oriented toward the consumer.

Safetyhit
12-13-09, 19:21
I am also slated to attend as an exhibitor, but am having a bit of difficulty making arrangements for my son and numerous animals that week. If I can't make it the company will take no issue, but still...

Will be a close one, keeping my fingers crossed.

Rider79
12-16-09, 16:54
I'm in as well if I can fit it in, is this a one day class?

Less than a day.

That's the only way we'll be doing it, we gotta go to the show too. :D

The class will meet the requirements for NV and Utah. I'm talking with him about setting it up right now and I'll be able to let everyone know costs etc. in a day or so. We'd like to have in the range of at least 5-10 guys to do the class.

Outside of class cost, the permit fees are $105 to Metro for the NV permit, and $60 for the Utah permit.

GLOCKMASTER
12-18-09, 18:46
Well today I booked my flights and purchased my pass for the show so now I'm ready to go.;)

I should be arriving in LV at about 2:30 pm on Monday.

Safetyhit
12-18-09, 18:50

Looking for a ride from the airport, or just really excited?

:D

Rider79
12-24-09, 01:18
Rider79, If your friend can't hold this class, let me know. I have someone else lined up to teach it.

Btw, I'll be there too.

You already know my friend. ;)

standsalone
12-24-09, 02:54
roger... see you all there

Rider79
12-24-09, 05:50
tinman, check your pm.

ToddG
12-24-09, 10:17
I can do either day. Thanks to Rider and his buddy for putting this together!

Tom_Jones
12-24-09, 10:19
deleted

chadbag
12-24-09, 12:07
I'll be there at the SHOT Show.

One day I will be helping cover the Starlight Cases booth for a few hours while the guy from that booth has some meetings. Otherwise I will be there in my normal capacity ;-)

Steve
12-24-09, 13:03
Well today I booked my flights and purchased my pass for the show so now I'm ready to go.;)

Brother Ill see you there..........

Rider79
12-29-09, 08:07
We still have a few openings for the NV ccw "class" we're having during SHOT. If anyone is interested in getting their non-resident NV or Utah permit while in town pm me for details.

tommy5.56
12-29-09, 08:14
I live here... anybody got any credentials I can borrow :D

I can get you in for a small fee HAHA :D

ccoker
12-29-09, 08:39
Well, if it's like the cycling industry trade show (interbike) there's dealer pricing info being distributed... that's one of the reasons consumers aren't allowed to go

Not sure about the SHOT show, but with Interbike, it was basically to show the new stuff to dealers and try to get pre season orders for the following year to help them forecast, procure material and manufacture

DMR
12-29-09, 09:01
I'll be there, with some time spent at the Mossberg booth's LE Section helping out Mike from AimPro.

See you there.

nismo1013
01-08-10, 11:22
I'll be there with bells on.

trunkmonkey
01-08-10, 14:00
Yeah I'll be there. I'm not an FFL, business owner or any of that. Just a guy that finds most guns shows to be quite lame and a waste of time.

I'm afraid that shot show is the only place I can go to see everything I want to see and find what I'm looking for and not have to deal with the average gun show crap and numbnut walking around.

It's a good chance to talk to guys heading up all the manufacturers and product lines that I use often.

No I won't be tying up someones time for hours on end getting in the way. Do I understand the difference between a trade and consumer show, yep.

If all the gun shows didn't suck I wouldn't have to go to shot show in the first place.

It's impossible NOT to go when EVERYTHING I like is represented there.

At least one day of SHOT show should be open to the public.

freakshow10mm
01-08-10, 14:30
Most of the business is done at SHOT. Dealers and distributors go to buy and handle business. Apparently at last year's show there were several consumers (who don't understand the point of a trade show versus consumer show) that wasted the vendor's time when they spent 2 hours talking to them then found out they had no FFL and no money. The exhibitors complained to the organizers and NSSF and this year they listened and are tightening up the attendance.

This year I will be attending and be there to do business such as get pricing details, specials, and place orders for products for the year. Next year, in 2011, I will be an exhibitor there to display my products. I'll be there to show my stuff and take orders. I'm interested in sales and money, not consumers. SHOT show is about business. Gun shows are about the consumer.

ToddG
01-08-10, 17:01
SHOT show is about business. Gun shows are about the consumer.

Exactly.

tommy5.56
01-08-10, 21:09
Yeah I'll be there. I'm not an FFL, business owner or any of that. Just a guy that finds most guns shows to be quite lame and a waste of time.

I'm afraid that shot show is the only place I can go to see everything I want to see and find what I'm looking for and not have to deal with the average gun show crap and numbnut walking around.

It's a good chance to talk to guys heading up all the manufacturers and product lines that I use often.

No I won't be tying up someones time for hours on end getting in the way. Do I understand the difference between a trade and consumer show, yep.

If all the gun shows didn't suck I wouldn't have to go to shot show in the first place.

It's impossible NOT to go when EVERYTHING I like is represented there.

At least one day of SHOT show should be open to the public.

You don't like numbnuts walking around, but you would like Shot Show to be open to the public? :confused:

One reason Shot Show is not open to the public so that numbnuts won't be able to get in. ;) (however some numbnuts still find their way in :rolleyes:).

Like stated before "SHOT show is about business." If you are lucky enough to get in, I would just be glad and enjoy it.

Ak44
01-08-10, 21:55
This is going to be my first time going to Shot Show. My buddy is sending me on behalf of his shop to do business and such. I'm pretty excited, I wish he would of told me sooner so I could of gotten the discounts and better airfares :(

tommy5.56
01-08-10, 22:01
This is going to be my first time going to Shot Show. My buddy is sending me on behalf of his shop to do business and such. I'm pretty excited, I wish he would of told me sooner so I could of gotten the discounts and better airfares :(

You will enjoy it. Be professional and wear comfortable shoes ;)

Ak44
01-08-10, 22:11
Thanks for the tip. Since I'm representing an actual business and my friend, I would never dream of being anything less than professional. He went to last years SHOT and said there were a lot of people there who didn't seem to belong. Anyone have heads up on shoot schedules or special events?

trunkmonkey
01-09-10, 11:18
You don't like numbnuts walking around, but you would like Shot Show to be open to the public? :confused:

One reason Shot Show is not open to the public so that numbnuts won't be able to get in. ;) (however some numbnuts still find their way in :rolleyes:).

Like stated before "SHOT show is about business." If you are lucky enough to get in, I would just be glad and enjoy it.

haha I wouldn't say luck has anything to do with going.

Yep, I sure would like at least one day open to the public. Though i'd choose not to go on that day.

Ak44
01-09-10, 18:27
What's the deal with photography? I know according to the website that it is strictly forbidden unless you have a media badge. But my buddy told me last year that he saw tons of people taking pics and what not. I can understand like big DSLR's but will my iphone be okay?

freakshow10mm
01-09-10, 19:01
Probably not. I would be a gentleman and ask prior to taking photos. Worst they can say is "no".

ToddG
01-09-10, 19:02
Technically, own press pass people are allowed to photograph. Anyone else caught taking pictures is subject to removal from the show. However, I've brought a camera every year -- including a DSLR a couple of times -- without a press pass and never had a problem.

If you snap a few shots with your iPhone, you're not likely to get into any trouble. But the suggestion to request permission of the booth people before photographing is a good one.

Ak44
01-09-10, 19:02
Probably not. I would be a gentleman and ask prior to taking photos. Worst they can say is "no".

Oh yeah defintely, that's what I did at the HK booth when I was at the Ellett Bros show.

Ak44
01-11-10, 20:24
So is anybody want to get together for drinks or dinner or something one night? Anybody going to the AAC Party?

Rider79
01-11-10, 20:46
So is anybody want to get together for drinks or dinner or something one night? Anybody going to the AAC Party?

A couple of us are already getting together for a CCW "class", I'm sure we can work something in with that.

Ryo
01-12-10, 18:17
Buddy of mine is going to the AAC party.. guess he can't bring guests :(

Oh well.. I do however have an invite to the Gunny party.

chadbag
01-12-10, 18:22
You guys who get the party invites...

Ryo
01-12-10, 19:05
You guys who get the party invites...

Don't tell me you didn't get any invites.. Would think your living the life of La Viva Loca. ;)

Irish
01-12-10, 19:08
Don't tell me you didn't get any invites.. Would think your living the life of La Vida Loca. ;)

Fixed it for you.

chadbag
01-12-10, 19:10
Don't tell me you didn't get any invites.. Would think your living the life of La Vida Loca. ;)

No, I actually never have. My vendors are mostly small and don't sponsor them and the larger ones are cheapskates ;)

Since I am not a boozer I would only be interested in the food ;)

LOKNLOD
01-12-10, 19:11
I'm going to arrive Thursday morning and fly out Saturday morning...
Anything going on Thursday or Friday night? I've been expressly forbidden from sitting around in the hotel room and going to bed early, especially while in Vegas.

PRGGodfather
01-12-10, 19:15
Yup, I'm going as the offical Department procurement officer. Four free nights at The Venetian, and driving in from the left coast. Looking forward to meeting all of you in 3D! Attending the Gordon Graham class and the focus group, too.

See you there!

Alan

bradb55
01-12-10, 20:47
To all making it to Shot Show 2010, best safe and take alot of pictures for ones who could not get off to make it(:mad:)

You guys have fun and enjoy!

Bradb55

Titleist
01-12-10, 21:40
Buddy of mine is going to the AAC party.. guess he can't bring guests :(

Don't be hatin'! :D

I'll be running my camera on behalf of The Firearm Blog. Should be a fun week.

Ryo
01-12-10, 21:47
Don't be hatin'! :D

I'll be running my camera on behalf of The Firearm Blog. Should be a fun week.

:( NOT = :mad:
;)

Definitely can't wait for the event.

Ak44
01-12-10, 21:58
If anyone sees a short bald asian fellow wandering around Shot Show that would be me :D

C4IGrant
01-15-10, 10:04
Anyone going to the S&W party on Monday???

C4

JSantoro
01-15-10, 10:42
I WISH!! I'm only just now learning that all the truly good shit happens the day BEFORE the show even opens.

Dammit.

chadbag
01-15-10, 10:52
Anyone going to the S&W party on Monday???

C4

You have the cool vendors. Mine are cheapskates and don't throw parties.

C4IGrant
01-15-10, 11:00
I WISH!! I'm only just now learning that all the truly good shit happens the day BEFORE the show even opens.

Dammit.

Ya I missed it last year as I cam in on the first day of the show.

Apparently all their sponsored shooters will be there as well!

C4

DMR
01-15-10, 11:13
You have the cool vendors. Mine are cheapskates and don't throw parties.

Same here. How's this question:

What parties are "open" for the unwashed masses to attend?

I get in Monday at noon and have to get some stuff in for display, but after that the nights open, so far.:(

C4IGrant
01-15-10, 11:21
Same here. How's this question:

What parties are "open" for the unwashed masses to attend?

I get in Monday at noon and have to get some stuff in for display, but after that the nights open, so far.:(

I really don't know that there is such a thing. The good parties are always free (to a certain extent). Meaning that in order to get invited to some of them, you either have to spend some serious cash with that company (like over $100K) or know someone important within the company.

The S&W, Aimpoint and SF parties are generally some of the most coveted.

C4

DMR
01-15-10, 11:24
Yeah, I'm still to SMALL and narrowly focused for all that, maybe next year.

chadbag
01-15-10, 11:25
The S&W, Aimpoint and SF parties are generally some of the most coveted.

Is Aimpoint having a party besides their daily 4pm beer bashes for those who place an order?

Ned Christiansen
01-15-10, 11:46
Guys, come by the LTW booth number 2125,. and drop a $10 for a chance at this:
http://www.louderthanwords.us/mediumfoto/picts/ulfls/02122009/18162375681.jpg

More info here:
http://www.louderthanwords.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7942&p=56022#p56022

Long sotry short, this year's beneficiary is the Naval Special Warfare Foundation. Help out some of the wounded SEALS and the families of SEALS who have given it all for us in the GWOT.

I regret to say I won't be there myself this year. Bummer, I always enjoy pressing the M4C flesh.

C4IGrant
01-15-10, 12:39
Is Aimpoint having a party besides their daily 4pm beer bashes for those who place an order?

Yes. Full food and open bar! ;)

I don't think I am going to go this year though.

C4

chadbag
01-15-10, 12:42
Yes. Full food and open bar! ;)

I don't think I am going to go this year though.

Too bad both the guys I knew there are no longer at Aimpoint (one lived a mile from me and was the law enforcement west of the mississippi rep)...

My family is coming with me to Vegas and most evening we have engagements anyway...

Thanks and enjoy if you make it!

Chad

Irish
01-15-10, 13:52
http://ca.sys-con.com/node/1247950

BELLEVUE, Wash., Jan. 14 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Second Amendment Foundation will hold a special press conference during the Las Vegas SHOT Show on Wednesday, January 20, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. to provide an update on the current challenge to the Chicago handgun ban now before the U.S. Supreme Court. This case could decide whether the Second Amendment applies to the states and their subdivisions. Oral arguments are scheduled for March 2, 2010.

McDonald v. Chicago

Presented by the Second Amendment Foundation

Featuring:

Alan Gura, lead attorney for plaintiffs in McDonald v. Chicago, who also argued the Heller case, previewing key issues in McDonald; Lawrence G. Keane, senior vice president and general counsel for the amicus National Shooting Sports Foundation, and officers of the plaintiff Second Amendment Foundation, Illinois State Rifle Association and National Shooting Sports Foundation.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

11:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.

Press Conference Room,

Venetian Level 2,

Bassano Rooms 2601-2605

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 600,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

SOURCE Second Amendment Foundation

Rider79
01-15-10, 15:22
http://ca.sys-con.com/node/1247950

That doesn't sound like a very exciting party.

Iraqgunz
01-15-10, 23:50
I'll give you a jingle when I get into town. I'll be there for the duration.

That doesn't sound like a very exciting party.

rhewitt
01-16-10, 00:59
Well if any one needs a ride from the airport and or anything I can help you out. I will also be at the show so if you see an airforce guy with my last name say hi. I will be there in uniform. But just PM me if you need anything.

ghost762
01-16-10, 02:53
I'll be in Vegas on the 22nd for Red Flag. Can anyone go to SHOT or is it like SEMA where you have to be part of the industry to attend? I may try to go to the last day.

C4IGrant
01-16-10, 08:23
I'll be in Vegas on the 22nd for Red Flag. Can anyone go to SHOT or is it like SEMA where you have to be part of the industry to attend? I may try to go to the last day.

If you are LE or Military, you can get it. If not, you will need a badge from an FFL dealer (or something similar).

C4

Ak44
01-16-10, 18:31
Has anyone seen the weather forecast? I hope it doesn't rain too much, and I hope they don't cancel the range days and such :(

Robb Jensen
01-16-10, 18:39
I'm going to Aimpoints party Thurs night.

Rider79
01-16-10, 20:13
Has anyone seen the weather forecast? I hope it doesn't rain too much, and I hope they don't cancel the range days and such :(

According to the Weather Channel app on my iPhone, there's a 50% or more chance of rain Monday thru Saturday next week. But, it rains like it does in Florida here, it'll rain for a bit then completely clear up.

I'm going to Aimpoints party Thurs night.

I don't like you anymore. :mad: I'm not cool enough to get into these parties.