PDA

View Full Version : Who makes an FDE A2 grip?

Tangotag
12-12-09, 12:08
I was looking at a friends SCAR and noticed the grip is molded in FDE. Now I need one, the grip that is. My friend dosen't want to sell the grip or his rifle for that matter.
I want the grip to be molded in the color not painted. I always seem to chip, flake, and scrape off eventually any painted plastic. After money spent in paints the past I realize molded color is the way to go for me.
I know Cavalry Arms sells a Coyote Brown A2 grip. How far from FDE would this be?
Are there A2 grips molded in FDE available elsewhere?

kmrtnsn
12-12-09, 14:09
Why not an Ergo Grip, MIAD, or MOE grip, why the A2? The only hand it ever fit was my 5'1'' tall wife's.

Hyprlite2007
12-12-09, 14:56
http://www.cavalryarms.com/C9.html

They have it in FDE as well on that site.. but like kmrtnsn said, I would go with something else, my bushmaster came with the A2 style grip and I immediately had to get a new one but to each their own.

Tangotag
12-12-09, 15:17
I am well aware that there are other options out there for FDE aftermarket grips, most of which change grip angle. The A2 works well enough for me, I'd like to stick with that.
If the A2 grip is standard issue for M4, and the limited issued SCARs deployed, it can't be all that bad.

From an email I received from Calvary Arms on the C9 (A2 pistol grip) Dark Earth option:

They are out of stock currently and thus removed from the online store until they are back in stock.

FN dosen't seem to want to sell their A2 FDE grip either.
So wait I will, until they become available or unless someone knows another source.
Anybody want to sell off their crappy old original FDE SCAR pistol grip?:D

Col_Crocs
12-12-09, 16:34
The MIAD has an A2 config option. Same angle I assume but with better grip surface and ergonomics.

kmrtnsn
12-12-09, 19:39
The A2 grip is used on the FN made rifles and Colts because it is a 42 cent part, and not because of its ergonomics.

Bowser
12-12-09, 20:42
I found it. https://www.m4carbine.net/images/smilies/redface.gif (http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product/952/a2-pistol-grip---coyote-brown.cfm)

Jerod
12-13-09, 19:49
I really like the plain old m4 / A2 grip myself. If the original works , why always get the fancy dancy shit ? Just to keep up with the Jone's ?

Palmguy
12-13-09, 20:12
I really like the plain old m4 / A2 grip myself. If the original works , why always get the fancy dancy shit ? Just to keep up with the Jone's ?

As much as everything costs in the world of shooting; to me, something like a Magpul MOE grip is dirt cheap for the improved ergonomics.

Avenger29
12-14-09, 00:27

Nice that it works for you. I hate the damn thing with a passion. If it didn't have that stupid freakin' bump on it...it'd be fine...

Hyprlite2007
12-14-09, 00:49
Nice that it works for you. I hate the damn thing with a passion. If it didn't have that stupid freakin' bump on it...it'd be fine...

Exactly

Tangotag
12-14-09, 13:27
Mods please lock or delete this one.

No other sources are apparently known fo A2 FDE grips.
I ended up getting suggestions to use something I did not ask for, nor wanted.
:(
Thanks

Bowser
12-14-09, 13:30
Mods please lock or delete this one.

No other sources are apparently known fo A2 FDE grips.
I ended up getting suggestions to use something I did not ask for, nor wanted.
:(
Thanks

What a newb. Read my post again. You gotta work to find your answers damnit, and it's definitely in my post.

I found it. https://www.m4carbine.net/images/smilies/redface.gif (http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm/product/952/a2-pistol-grip---coyote-brown.cfm)

Tangotag
12-14-09, 13:48
What a newb. Read my post again. You gotta work to find your answers damnit, and it's definitely in my post.
"I found it." Great found what, where?

I am not posting here just to play some fun and games begging for a source on a pistol grip. Those games are for TOS.
Frankly your post was more frustrating since it solved nothing as far as it helped me in my search.
Thanks for nothing.

Bowser
12-14-09, 13:49

I am not posting here just to play some fun and games begging for a source on a pistol grip. Those games are for TOS.
Frankly your post was more frustrating since it solved nothing as far as it helped me in my search.
Thanks for nothing.

Frustrating for someone who didn't care to look at my post closely and follow the link.

chenzzo
12-14-09, 14:17

Thanks for nothing.

click on the smiley.

Tangotag
12-14-09, 14:20
Bowser,
Dooh I see it now.:eek: I am sorry, now I see your very creative link.

I did see that one, before making this thread, over on DSG Arms and because of possible color difference in the Cavary Arms and that I am planning in this case to buy multiples of both their Coyote Brown and Dark Earth. For color matching issues I figured one order with both colors from Cavary would be the way to go.
Since I have no experience with Calvary and some concerns that Calvary might not be decent enough quality.

I was actually hoping on M4C to find an inside source for the FN SCAR FDE or KAC Taupe A2 pistol grips or find something that I did not think of.

JimT
12-14-09, 14:22

I agree with you for the most part. The A2 grip with the finger groove/bump dremeled off is a near perfect fit & feel for my hands. I've tried a few grips but always went back to the A2. Unfortunately, now that I no longer run a TD VFG, there is no place to store a spare bolt, cam pin, firing pin and retaining pin. My solution was a MIAD configured in 'A2' form.

Back on track: Looks like Cav Arms sells A2 grips in FDE.

BAC
12-14-09, 15:29

Because it's almost painfully uncomfortable. Once I catch up I'll let you know if the Joneses agree. ;)

Fulton Armory also has different color grips. On the right-hand side of their website, click "5.56/.223 Pages", then in the opened menu click "5.56/.223 Lower Parts". Search for "Pistol Grip, A2" and there you go. I really wish Fulton Armory would update to a more user-friendly website...

-B

Jerod
12-14-09, 18:38
At 39 I must have the start of " Grumpy Old Guy" . I really like the A1 grip even better w/o the A2 hump. Each to their own. I am glad we are offered so many choices .

Tangotag
12-14-09, 22:34
Jerod,
I know exactly what you mean about the A1 and A2 grips. My first issued M-16 was an A1. A couple years later my Battalion was issues A2s. I preferred the A1 grip but the A2 after years of carrying that around it kind of grew on me.

I have wasted money on many of the newer grips over the years but end up tossing them out and going back to what I feel most comfortable with, either a A1 or A2. The more modern grips never felt right to me. Maybe I am a bit nostalgic or slow to change.

steve2071
12-18-09, 22:07
Just to let you know, the Dark Earth color offered by Cavarms is not the same FDE that is offered by everyone else. It is much darker, almost a chocolate brown color and is made to match with KAC and LMT stuff. I believe the A2 pistol grip you are looking for is the standard FDE color, which is closer to their Coyote Brown, which is in stock on their website.

frogger
12-19-09, 03:58
Just to let you know, the Dark Earth color offered by Cavarms is not the same FDE that is offered by everyone else. It is much darker, almost a chocolate brown color and is made to match with KAC and LMT stuff. I believe the A2 pistol grip you are looking for is the standard FDE color, which is closer to their Coyote Brown, which is in stock on their website.

This man is correct. :)

Tangotag
12-19-09, 16:47
I may have ended up with something odd in a recent delivery of Magpul XTM covers.

I bought a bunch of new Magpul XTM rail covers packs recently from G&R and the colors seem much darker than normal for the OD and FDE and almost no green in Foilage Green.
The Magpul FDE rail covers are a darker brown so I am thinking they may be closer to the Dark Earth from pictures I have seen of the Calvary stocks.
The color of my FDE is very far from Magpul's own pictures of the FDE color which seems to be closer to a Tan.
My new Magpul XTM OD Green is near black, trying to match this may be hard and the Foilage Green XTM covers are almost solid gray with no hint of green.
MagPul XTM colors (http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=282)
Anyone gotten darker than expected XTM panels in OD and FDE recently?

So having an assortment of molded FDE, Taupe, Dark Earth, Coyote Brown A2 grips would work best. I will sell off what will not work for me in the end.

I might be able to get a decent picture of the covers I am working with but lighting and white balance and monitor settings seems to throw colors away from their true color.