PDA

View Full Version : HK P30LS – no condition 1 possibility!?

Irfan
12-12-09, 12:23
I have a question regarding the new P30L with a manual safety that is supposed to be presented at the shot show in January. Is it true that it will not be possible to carry it cocked and locked?
I think I read this at the HKpro but I am not so sure. The safety can be engaged only if the hammer is forward, something like the Beretta 92. Is it true? Todd or anyone else, please help us to solve this one. :confused:

M4arc
12-12-09, 12:35
I'd like to know as well.

Crash
12-12-09, 15:03
I'd like to know as well as I have my money ready for a P30S.

Skang
12-12-09, 20:38
P30S / P30LS would not come out till mid 2010.

and no, safety only engages when hammer is down (decocked).

ToddG
12-13-09, 09:31
As of my last trip to HK, no P30S was in the country yet so no one had any first hand experience. I'm going to be there again tomorrow so I'll see if that's changed.

loupav
12-13-09, 20:51
A P30 with a safety? Wow, I'm behind the new now a days. :(

gkanga
12-14-09, 20:18
I sure hope they don't do the safety that way. It seems unlikely since none of the other HK pistols with safeties work like that.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-14-09, 22:10
Todd,

Why is it that there aren't a lot of true Single action/safety handguns made in polymer? We have guns with safeties, but it seems an add-on to DA or long pull striker triggers (M&Ps with safeties for example). I'm talking about something that could rival a 1911 but be polymer with the resultant lower weight and cost.

Are large gun orders from police and governments so focused on 'safe' lower performance triggers that the market for it just isn't there? I would think that with H&Ks price point and market position, they would be most likely to be offer a true SA gun.

Thanks

ToddG
12-15-09, 01:19
Because outside of internet forums, the "superiority" of the 1911 trigger doesn't really seem to be that important to folks. The demand for 1911-style triggers is usually directly attached to 1911-style guns.

El Cid
12-15-09, 17:04
I sure hope they don't do the safety that way. It seems unlikely since none of the other HK pistols with safeties work like that.

The USP variant 1 guns do. My USP9 and USP45 Compact have always been carried cocked & locked. The safety also served to decock the weapon.

I would love for the P30LS to allow C&L carry. Otherwise I'd have to go with the LEM trigger. Can't stand DA/SA at all. :D

gkanga
12-15-09, 20:44
The USP variant 1 guns do. My USP9 and USP45 Compact have always been carried cocked & locked. The safety also served to decock the weapon.

I would love for the P30LS to allow C&L carry. Otherwise I'd have to go with the LEM trigger. Can't stand DA/SA at all. :D

I was referring to the mode of operation where the safety "can be engaged only if the hammer is forward, something like the Beretta 92" as described in the original post. I know that with a USP variant 1 you can do any combination of hammer and safety positions you want.

El Cid
12-16-09, 18:23
I was referring to the mode of operation where the safety "can be engaged only if the hammer is forward, something like the Beretta 92" as described in the original post. I know that with a USP variant 1 you can do any combination of hammer and safety positions you want.

Ah, my bad. :)

misterballistic
11-14-10, 21:00
P30S / P30LS would not come out till mid 2010.

and no, safety only engages when hammer is down (decocked).

Sorry to dig up an old thread but would like to clarify some misinformation and old speculation.

Just got a P30LS in V3 so I'm qualified to answer that YES - the safety IS capable of being engaged while hammer is cocked. Condition One is possible.

FPembleton
11-15-10, 07:55
Sorry to dig up an old thread but would like to clarify some misinformation and old speculation.

Just got a P30LS in V3 so I'm qualified to answer that YES - the safety IS capable of being engaged while hammer is cocked. Condition One is possible.

Yes, maybe it was people who only got their hands on LEM+safety model initially reported that it won't work in condition one. But LEM by its very definition cannot operate in SA anyhow.