PDA

View Full Version : 1st AR BUILD (HELP REQUESTED)

DJGLOCK30
12-12-09, 12:41
Hello everyone,
I own several ARs but this is my first build... I wondered if anyone knows where to get a complete A3 upper for the cheapest price. I am law enforcement and really havent found any substantial discounts.

Any suggestions would be great. THANKS! :cool:

M4arc
12-12-09, 12:49
Check with PK Firearms, Bravo Company USA or G&R Tactical. All offer discounds to LEOs.

LMTRocks
12-13-09, 13:04
What are you looking for in your A3? 16" with rails, or just round handguards? FSB or lo-profile or picatinny gas block? 1:9, 1:8, 1:7 barrel twists are all available, but 1:7 will shoot the best for heavier rounds. Are you going to be using this as your cruiser carbine? The agency I was training with specified only DPMS, Armalite, or Bushmaster AR-15s, however a few of my friends in the agency mentioned double-star and colt. Personally, I'd put an LMT upper on any lower listed by the general order approved weapons list and be done with it. Also check out www.jsesurplus.com or www.aimsurplus.com and you might be able to find what you're looking for at a very reasonable price. Good luck and thank you for your service.

SWATcop556
12-13-09, 15:17
My vote goes to BravoCo or G&R. I've bought from both and have nothing but good things to say.

JohnLaw
12-15-09, 20:36
Anyone know if Jack's Black rifle Shop is still around? I had great luck with him.