PDA

View Full Version : Troy 12" MRF-CX Rail

bubba04
12-12-09, 12:53
I was planning on getting a DD 12 FSP but I like the troy costs less and I can use the factory barrel nut.

Other then the install method it looks as if these rails are nearly identical. Is this correct?

Blob
12-12-09, 14:43
Not exactly. The MRF is a two piece rail while the FSP is one piece. I'm completely happy with my MRF rail, and if you don't have the tools or knowledge install the FSP then the MRF is a good option.

zachsm
12-13-09, 03:59
I was planning on getting a DD 12 FSP but I like the troy costs less and I can use the factory barrel nut.

Other then the install method it looks as if these rails are nearly identical. Is this correct?

DD has a similar rail from the omega line that allows you to keep the barrel nut and the delta ring; but either way, I perfer the MRF.

bubba04
12-13-09, 10:07
I went ahead and ordered one from troy. I have a DD M4 and I want to build a "clone" with my 5.45 gun so both guns feel nearly the same.

Surf
12-13-09, 11:46
I will say that DD is a top notch rail, shares the top of the food chain.

Having said that, I also run numerous Troy rails, and my duty rifle runs a 12" MRF-CX rail. Never broke one and they hold zero very well. Also a bit less than the DD.