PDA

View Full Version : Building an AR

GrandParadox
12-12-09, 12:55
I'm going to build an AR soon in the future, and I'm looking to assemble it myself (for price effectiveness and QC). My first question is what is a low cost lower, that's tough and well made, and works well with PMAGs? I'd also, like to know what are the best kits for lowers (same criteria as lower) that come with all the things necessary to after assembly produce a complete lower?

halo2304
12-12-09, 17:22
I was helping out at one of my favorite gunshops today and a customer was asking alot of questions about ARs, particularly about building one. My best advice for him was to buy his lower and LPK, put it together and then do a TON of research. The gunshop is a Stag dealer and that was all the stripped lowers they had. From what I've read here, the lowers aren't the most crucial part. A lower from Stag, RRA, BM, etc. are all pretty much the same. It's the parts you put in it and on it. Then again, I'm not an expert... :D I'll let others chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

bkb0000
12-12-09, 17:37
everything you need to know is right here: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7009

start reading, and take notes

Bobert0989
12-12-09, 21:52
I'm going to build an AR soon in the future, and I'm looking to assemble it myself (for price effectiveness and QC). My first question is what is a low cost lower, that's tough and well made, and works well with PMAGs? I'd also, like to know what are the best kits for lowers (same criteria as lower) that come with all the things necessary to after assembly produce a complete lower?

My current build utilizes a Double Star Lower, RRA LPK w/ match 2-stage trigger.

I only use PMags as of now, and have never had any problems at all with this Lower. Some people have proceeded to tell me that my lower is "crap", but most agree that it is simply a case, so to speak. Like buying a new pair of diamond studded LeBron's and putting them in a New Balance box... it doesn't matter what brand is rolled on the lower, as long as it is built to spec. All that matters is what's inside. It's a machine, after all. It will operate as well as the components used to build it.