PDA

View Full Version : Song "Pods" or whatever they are called

Cohibra45
12-14-09, 10:32
Guy's, I've just read the thread on the IPod phones and others, but I'm just interested in finding out about those songpods or whatever they are called for my son for Christmas.:D

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Cost is a concern also!!!;)

Just looking for something he can download songs to and listen......that's all.

Thanks,

Cohibra45

chadbag
12-14-09, 10:35
Guy's, I've just read the thread on the IPod phones and others, but I'm just interested in finding out about those songpods or whatever they are called for my son for Christmas.:D

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Cost is a concern also!!!;)

Just looking for something he can download songs to and listen......that's all.

Thanks,

Cohibra45

The Apple version of the music player is the iPod and they start at $59 for the Shuffe and go up from there

http://store.apple.com/us

Shows all the different iPods. If it says "iPod" it is a music player. The phone is called "iPhone".

There are other brands of players as well...

Argus
12-14-09, 18:11
For electronics reviews, I've found cnet.com to be very useful. Here's a link to their mp3 player page. You can filter by price range, features, etc, and see editor and user reviews for many different alternatives:

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/?tag=TOCleftColumn.0

I've never been a fan of Apple, and have owned a number of other MP3 players. Last year I finally broke down and bought an iPod Touch. I still don't like Apple as a company, but the Touch is awesome.

HTH

milosz
12-14-09, 18:36
Apple has their pricing in line to upsell you, that's for sure.

8GB nano - $150
16GB nano - $180
160GB classic - $250

"Well, as long as I'm spending $180, why not $250..."

Just for comparison's sake, I've got a 110GB of music on my older classic (and my iTunes drive) - 11,000 songs, give or take (most of them copied from my CDs at lossless - they take up much more room than MP3s).

An 8GB or 16GB will probably be more than your son will ever fill up - that's about 2000 songs, on the low end.

ST911
12-14-09, 19:08
I didn't want to bother with the management and syncing limitations of the ipod family. I went with SanDisk Sansas in my house. Simple, inexpensive (<$50) or so. They play all major formats, USB interface, and have an FM tuner and voice recorder. The voice recorder is much better than I thought it would be.

BestBuy had the best deal on them when I was shopping.