PDA

View Full Version : Had a bad year and looking for a little Christmas Cheer?

C4IGrant
12-14-09, 10:43
Is anyone going to have a rough Christmas this year because of the loss of a job or have been out of work for a year or more? If so, please PM me your contact info.

*If you have $200,000.00 in the bank, but have lost your $500,000.00 a year job, please do not bother sending me a PM. ;)

C4

SHIVAN
12-14-09, 10:57
If you have $200,000.00 in the bank, but have lost your $500,000.00 a year job...

I thought our conversation was confidential. :D

C4IGrant
12-14-09, 11:17
I thought our conversation was confidential. :D

Ooops, sorry my bad. :D

C4

ToddG
12-14-09, 11:19
I lost my job with a major manufacturer more than two years ago and have been unable to find gainful full-time employment ever since. Do I count? :cool:

theJanitor
12-14-09, 11:20
i got married

C4IGrant
12-14-09, 11:23
i got married

Sorry, does not count.

Feel your pain though.

C4

C4IGrant
12-14-09, 11:23
I lost my job with a major manufacturer more than two years ago and have been unable to find gainful full-time employment ever since. Do I count? :cool:

Telling your boss to F*CK-OFF and walking out the door (while mooning them) does not count. ;)

C4

Bill Bryant
12-14-09, 11:29
PM sent.

R1pper
12-14-09, 12:59
Not me but a good buddy of mine got hurt at work two years ago and had been out since. He is a Marine Vet of OIF 3

-DM-

trappernana
12-14-09, 13:33
I think this might count. November 2007, I broke my back in three places. I did the thearopy but must still walk with a cane due to severe muscle attrify in my right leg.When my thearopy was done my doctor still refused to release me back to work because of the falling done issue.I've tried disalility,they keep rejecting me. Last week I had corpal tunnel surgery.I get the stiches out next week.We're three months behind on our morgate and haven't heard word one from the Gov. that is suposed to help us.Oh ya I also passed a kidney stone that felt like a watermelon.My daughter is 14 and wants an expensive for Christmas. I guess I'll end up selling another gun.MERRY CHRISTMAS

C4IGrant
12-14-09, 14:17
I think this might count. November 2007, I broke my back in three places. I did the thearopy but must still walk with a cane due to severe muscle attrify in my right leg.When my thearopy was done my doctor still refused to release me back to work because of the falling done issue.I've tried disalility,they keep rejecting me. Last week I had corpal tunnel surgery.I get the stiches out next week.We're three months behind on our morgate and haven't heard word one from the Gov. that is suposed to help us.Oh ya I also passed a kidney stone that felt like a watermelon.My daughter is 14 and wants an expensive for Christmas. I guess I'll end up selling another gun.MERRY CHRISTMAS

Please send us a PM with your contact info.

C4

SWATcop556
12-14-09, 15:43
Grant, I'm not sure what you have in the works for those down on their luck this Christmas season but thank you for doing something. Reminds me that there are still good people out there willing to help their fellow man.

If I can help out with whatever you have going just let me know.

Thanks again.

00leland00
12-14-09, 17:53
Well, Grant i sent you a pm, but trappernana has me beat by a longshot. Best of luck to you, bro.

DTHN2LGS
12-14-09, 18:21
PM sent.

Injured my back on 3 levels again in July too, but not as bad as trappernana, not broken. At least I've been getting health care from the VA.

Trappernana, better luck to you in the new year. Did you do an appeal after you tried to get Disability? If you do, then someone higher up has to look at it, not just the lowest paid person who goes over it first.

milosz
12-14-09, 18:30

Jeez, man, that's rough.

FWIW, if you haven't already, try contacting your Representative about SSI/disability and the non-responsive bureaucracy regarding your mortgage.

It doesn't go for all of them, but some Reps are very good about helping constituents deal with the government.

warpigM-4
12-14-09, 18:39
wife laid off last year with 2 degrees under her belt ,Me just the lonely Painter trying to get rent,Christmas presents for her and my Daughter.on a crappy pay check ,Trucks in title pawn ,credit card maxed .But I did get a tree up with My family last weekend for this I am thankful!!

Merry Christmas everyone:D!

d90king
12-14-09, 19:00
I have to pay to go to work, does that count?:eek:

dutch308
12-14-09, 19:08
Grant, I think what you are doing is great. Even a small bit of help in these trying times is a blessing. In 07 just before Christmas I had to leave my Police Dept. due to illness and was out for almost exactly 2 yrs. Went back to work the first week of January of this year at a smaller dept. While I was out of work a few friends and co-workers came by or offered to help with my three kiddos that I am raising by myself. It really helped and made things alittle easier for all of us, and I don't intend on forgetting. To them I say Thank You! To you I Salute! Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!

drivingforce77
12-14-09, 19:33
Grant, I'm not sure what you have in the works for those down on their luck this Christmas season but thank you for doing something. Reminds me that there are still good people out there willing to help their fellow man.

Thanks again.

I second that.

C45P312
12-14-09, 20:06
Kudos Sir.

chg380
12-14-09, 20:37
Thanks to Grant for the Blessings he provides.

Rider
12-14-09, 21:39
Very kind of you Grant. My family is fine and I am grateful for that.

Christmas blessings to all of you.

ToddG
12-15-09, 01:11
Telling your boss to F*CK-OFF and walking out the door (while mooning them) does not count. ;)

That was how I left my job at Beretta, not SIG. ;)

SWATcop556
12-15-09, 04:45
That was how I left my job at Beretta, not SIG. ;)

And some say you lack "people skills." :p

trio
12-15-09, 07:05
not extremely religious, but...

"whatsoever you do to the least of My people, that you do unto Me...."

merry christmas to everyone, those more and less fortunate...

C4IGrant
12-15-09, 09:45

Thanks again.

Thanks.

Every year we have extra gear that for whatever reason is written off our books. So this year, I thought I would donate it to folks that are down on their luck to maybe put a little smile on their face and make them realize that there people that care about their well being.

We can CHOOSE the type of Christmas we have so everyone be thankful for what you do have (friends, family, food, shelter, etc) and look for a new start in 2010.

I would also like to thank the folks that have attempted to send us money to help with this. There are some VERY good people on this forum and I thank them for their support.

Merry Christmas,

Grant