PDA

View Full Version : Dash Cam Shoot Out Video

EzGoingKev
12-14-09, 15:02
A buddy just emailed me this, sorry if it has already been posted.

http://www.kctv5.com/video/21914417/index.html

For some reason they start the video in the middle of things and then go back and show things from the start.

snafu
12-14-09, 15:09
Glad both officers are able to enjoy Christmas with family.
To bad for the idiot perp.

Abraxas
12-14-09, 15:38
Glad they came out of it ok. Good thing the jack ass cant shoot.

Belmont31R
12-14-09, 15:55
Hate to say it but that overweight officer is lucky the 2nd one showed up. He could barely move to protect himself because of his weight.

lil'Zeus
12-14-09, 16:49
You gotta love KC

stang1
12-14-09, 18:14
Did they ever hit the guy?

jaydoc1
12-14-09, 22:32
My question is how the hell the perp missed officer McFatty from one car length away?! That is one lucky officer!

kaiservontexas
12-14-09, 22:44
Wow fatboy is indeed lucky. I am amazed at how many shoots fired.

bulbvivid
12-14-09, 22:56
Though it's a horrible situation, I can't help but be amused by the first officer's duck-and-cover technique.

I'm not saying I'd do any different—hopefully I will never have to find out.

Volucris
12-15-09, 02:42
Sad that this city is allowing their police to become so obese and still wear the badge. Good that only the scumbag was killed. Looked like a suicide by cop.

John_Wayne777
12-15-09, 07:05
My question is how the hell the perp missed officer McFatty from one car length away?! That is one lucky officer!

...because shooting at a real live moving target isn't as easy as people think. There are a bunch of videos out there where you can watch two people trade over a dozen shots with nobody getting hit.

Gunfights are hard.

As for the officer, he didn't fall because he was fat. He most likely fell because he slipped or crossed his legs and tripped...which is a big no-no but damn near everybody does it, even the department PT stud usually...but he managed to recover and get rounds into the threat.

M4arc
12-15-09, 07:54
WOW! Glad to see both officers are okay.

Sudden
12-15-09, 08:10
Glad it turned out the way it did. Officer 2 needs to practice reloads. I think I would have wet my pants.

jaydoc1
12-15-09, 08:57
...because shooting at a real live moving target isn't as easy as people think.
Gunfights are hard.

Yes but there wasn't a lot of moving taking place by that particular officer until after the shooting had started.

And I would never suggest gunfights aren't hard.

epf
12-15-09, 09:08
Glad it turned out the way it did. Officer 2 needs to practice reloads

Yeah, It looks like the thinner guy actually took the time to put his empty magazine back into the pouch in the middle of the fight. Training scars......

Zhurdan
12-15-09, 09:13
Lots of assumptions being you can't really see the bad guy or what condition he was in.

I'm glad they walked away uninjured. It looked as though the bad guy was taunting them after he fired the first couple of shots. Pretty scary stuff.

Tipy
12-15-09, 18:06
Maybe the officer(s) were hit. Wearing a vest and getting shot, and someone wants to critique the officer(s) on a firefight?
Semper Fidelis,
Tipy

jaydoc1
12-15-09, 18:18
Hope no one thinks I'm critiquing because I'm not. Just merely commenting how lucky officer number one was.

epf
12-15-09, 18:22
Learning from others mistakes is a good thing. Luckily both officers were not injured.

Chameleox
12-15-09, 18:45
Saw this on policeone as well.
Yup, overweight officer fell over. BUT, you see him still return fire and move to what cover he could get to. Stayed in the fight. In a day and age when we're hearing about some horrific murders of officers, I'm glad to see a video of the good guys winning.
Backup can be seen shooting and moving, against a moving target. He then gets to cover (an engine block), then moves up and re-engages the suspect.
Together the two officers are behind cover and have an overlapping field of view. Bad guy couldn't have engaged them both without one of them hitting him again.
I'm taking away from the video the need to practice shooting from disadvantageous positions, shooting while moving laterally(as opposed to only forwards and backwards), and in-battery reloads.
Could have been better, but could have been a HELL of a lot worse.

MarshallDodge
12-15-09, 19:16

Being that the perp had traces of alcohol and marijuana in his bloodstream, and probably just wrecked his vehicle because of this, I would guess that he was not able to aim his gun either.

Looey
12-15-09, 20:38
Hate to say it but that overweight officer is lucky the 2nd one showed up. He could barely move to protect himself because of his weight.

Agree, i just hate to think what would have happen if he was the one backing up officer number two, would he have been able to move as quickly and get into position to help the other officer? I hate seeing officers allow them selves to get into such bad shape when they are responsible for their lives and the lives of the officers they back up.
thank god they both walked away unharmed and that there is one less bad guy in this world.

BrnttNW
12-15-09, 22:11
It looked to me like the larger officer actually fired the rounds that put the suspect down. The backup officer definitely (DEFINITELY) terminated the threat.

On another note, I know several larger officers (given, they are not taking obesity to an extreme- as is this particular LEO) who have some serious wheels when the pressures on. Making judgments about this particular officer because his reaction to a VERY serious threat was not pretty seems a bit rash to me.
Turn on court TV for a few hours and watch officers react to similar threats- officers who were in very squared away physical condition- react in much, much worse ways.

Definitely a good shoot- and my prayers are with these officers and their families as I can only imagine the stress they are dealing with.

Volucris
12-16-09, 01:12
Being that the perp had traces of alcohol and marijuana in his bloodstream, and probably just wrecked his vehicle because of this, I would guess that he was not able to aim his gun either.

Traces of alcohol? Doubt he was too impaired to shoot accurately if he wanted to. He aimed a gun at a police officer and didn't even both aiming. Obvious suicide by cop. And shooting guns while high isn't really any different. You're more relaxed than anything. Actually depressed is what it is. Could explain his sudden decision to do a suicide by cop. This isn't 1930; pot doesn't give you a feeling of invincibility.

Fat cop fell over but still got back in the fight. Still there's no excuse for cops in this city to be that obese and on duty. Nothing worse than an obese police officer. He's lucky the guy wasn't trying to really kill him.

woodandsteel
12-16-09, 10:24
I hate the term "Suicide by Cop". It conveys a message that the guy meant no harm and only wanted to die.

People who have very little regard for their own lives have even less for other people's lives. And if killing someone is the only way to for them to get themselves killed, then they will do it.

By the way, where in the video does this look like a suicide? From the first patrol vehicle's camera, it looked like a determined attacker going after a police officer. The bad guy may have shown poor judgement in not seeking cover, but it looked to me like he was shooting at the first officer. Luckily the bad guy failed to utilize a proper grip and didn't use his sights.

mil_dot556
12-16-09, 10:42
Just glad the cops are okay.

dbrowne1
12-16-09, 11:03
It does "look" like the big officer was hit, but the reporter says in the voiceover that he was not hit.

Pretty good use of the cruiser as cover/concealment by the second officer to get in closer to the suspect and protect himself. Looks like he fired a shot or two from further back, then realized that he was too far away and/or exposed out in the open.

Noticeable muzzle flash on their duty ammo given that it was daytime.

woodandsteel
12-16-09, 11:14
It does "look" like the big officer was hit, but the reporter says in the voiceover that he was not hit.

Pretty good use of the cruiser as cover/concealment by the second officer to get in closer to the suspect and protect himself. Looks like he fired a shot or two from further back, then realized that he was too far away and/or exposed out in the open.
Noticeable muzzle flash on their duty ammo given that it was daytime.

I just noticed that. Almost looks like he was shooting over the first officer.

Volucris
12-16-09, 14:58
I hate the term "Suicide by Cop". It conveys a message that the guy meant no harm and only wanted to die.

People who have very little regard for their own lives have even less for other people's lives. And if killing someone is the only way to for them to get themselves killed, then they will do it.

By the way, where in the video does this look like a suicide? From the first patrol vehicle's camera, it looked like a determined attacker going after a police officer. The bad guy may have shown poor judgement in not seeking cover, but it looked to me like he was shooting at the first officer. Luckily the bad guy failed to utilize a proper grip and didn't use his sights.

Well the fact that he didn't aim and held the pistol rather limp in his hand just made me think of all the videos I have seen of verified suicide by cop situations. Maybe it was just someone being stupid and overestimating their abilities idk. Unless the guy left a note or something I would side with you in saying that he was simply trying to hurt the cops. Really I'd have to be working on the case myself to know these things.

Moral of the story is stay fit and keep practicing. I'm pretty sure both of those officers will put themselves in some new training after that. I'd crap my pants in that situation.

CarlosDJackal
12-16-09, 15:04

Yeah, but he did a pretty cool pirouette move that landed him on his back and allowed him to barrel roll to cover. :D

Glad both officers are okay though.