PDA

View Full Version : S&W Gunstore Trend...?

VTLO910
12-14-09, 23:48
I keep seeing these M&P's taking over the shelves in many gun stores, also confirmed by a friend in another state...

He was told that S&W was sending dealers the guns to put on the shelves... Kinda like as if they were on consignment. So the dealers would not have to front the cost to put them on the shelves.

Interesting tactic by S&W. Can any shop owners or employees confirm this...?

and anyone else noticing this trend...?

My GLOCK shelves are slowly disappearing... :confused:

Discuss.

Bantee
12-15-09, 00:18
Same here in IA. You could throw a brick in a gunshop here, and it would probably hit an M&P. I thought it was just because they were highly requested. All my friends have them, I've still cling to my obsolete 10,000 rnd. 2nd gen G19.

CarlosDJackal
12-15-09, 15:49
Good marketing strategy on S&W's part.

FN in MT
12-15-09, 16:56
S&W is also doing a -40% off of RETAIL sale for current and retired military.

Saw it on their web page.

FN in MT

10MMGary
12-15-09, 17:14
I don't doubt that S&W is getting a lot of shelf space, and correct me if I am wrong. But doesn't S&W first sell their product to distributors who then sell them to individual gun shops?

chadbag
12-15-09, 17:21
I don't doubt that S&W is getting a lot of shelf space, and correct me if I am wrong. But doesn't S&W first sell their product to distributors who then sell them to individual gun shops?

AFAIK they are both direct to dealer and through distributors

milosz
12-15-09, 17:44
Here in the DF-Dub, I still rarely encounter the full M&P line (or even a large chunk) at shops or gun stores. Everyone has at least one of every Glock model, but at best a half-dozen M&Ps.

And XDs, Jesus, the XDs. I'm ambivalent toward the gun (I know there's some hostility here toward them), but I see more of them at shops/shows than even Glocks.