PDA

View Full Version : What would...

TigerStripe
07-08-06, 16:49
What would make my EOTech's zero move to high and right each time I went to the range? It has done this three times to me now.

TIA,

TS

Saint
07-08-06, 19:14
How is it mounted?

Thumbscrew, Allen Screw, LaRue, ARMS?

TigerStripe
07-08-06, 22:21
How is it mounted?

Thumbscrew, Allen Screw, LaRue, ARMS?

The thumb-quarter screw that came with it. Believe me I've checked it many times, it's on tight. It goes off like 1 1/4" high and left, then I play with the adjustments until they end up close to what they were. I use the same ammo to start out, then change making my own adjustments for different ammo type. 50yds to check zero.

Thanks,

TS

ArchAngel
07-08-06, 23:43
Can ask and clarify your zero procedure?

You zero it with ammo#1 and shoot that for a bit, then switch to ammo#2 and re-adjust the EOTech based upon impact for whatever different ammo that you have switched to.

Then at a later time go back to ammo#1 and the EOTech is off?

I'm sorry, I am just confused...the mount is tight and been checked though. Check.

Once you zero the EOTech for your main ammo it should be zeroed. If you are switching weights of ammo the only thing that should change is point of impact...and that should be minimal inside 50 yards.

Zero with one type of ammo and shoot that.

Are you starting with something around 55gr and then switching to heavier ammo?

TigerStripe
07-09-06, 15:00
Can ask and clarify your zero procedure?

You zero it with ammo#1 and shoot that for a bit, then switch to ammo#2 and re-adjust the EOTech based upon impact for whatever different ammo that you have switched to.

Then at a later time go back to ammo#1 and the EOTech is off?

I'm sorry, I am just confused...the mount is tight and been checked though. Check.

Once you zero the EOTech for your main ammo it should be zeroed. If you are switching weights of ammo the only thing that should change is point of impact...and that should be minimal inside 50 yards.

Zero with one type of ammo and shoot that.

Are you starting with something around 55gr and then switching to heavier ammo?

I zero my rifle with WWB R1. If I'm going to change ammo I check its POI compared to WW, which as you said, isn't much. I don't change the mechanical zero for different ammo. What has been happening is the mechanical zero is off, up and right with WWB each time I go to the range. I shoot and adjust until the EOTech until WWB R1 is zero'd but usually the adjustments end up going back to where they were originally. Sometimes I use 75gr reloads but I don't adjust the EOTech's adjustments at all.

Thanks,

TS

MaceWindu
07-09-06, 15:50
The thumb-quarter screw that came with it.

get a Larue EoTech mount and all will be right with the world...trust me...

Mace

ArchAngel
07-09-06, 22:11
TigerStripe - thanks for the clarification, I was just corn-fused. ;)

What is the set up? Is it mounted directly to the flat-top?

Have you contacted EOTech? I saw they are listed in the manufacturer's forums...

PM sent.

DFinnegan
07-11-06, 08:35
That's really unusual. I assume from the way you are describing it that the groups are staying tight, just the poi is moving to the same spot. That's really bizarre. If there is ever a zero issue, it usually results in sporadic poi's because it is the result of a component malfunction. What's doubly troubling is that it returns to the same spot and doesn't move the poi to different, random points.

I'd be happy to get it in here and take a look at it. We will cover repair and return shipping (only cost to you is mailing it here). We quote a 7 to 10 day turn around (we are actually turning sights around in 2 to 3 days, but don't tell anyone). Email me your return shipping info and contact information at my email address below.

dennis.finnegan@L-3com.com

Thanks for bringing this to light.

ArchAngel
07-11-06, 21:18
That is an awesome response!

If I didn't love the EOTech enough...you cannot beat a customer service response like that!

A+