PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Tactical Cold Fusion

Danny Boy
12-15-09, 16:50
I'm currently in the market for a new soft shell type thing as my trusty SORD jacket is starting to look a bit worse for wear in the zipper department and they no longer make the version that I have.

Been asking around and a buddy recommended checking out the Beyond Tactical Cold Fusion jacket. Seems pretty slick with the custom options and the ability to custom fit it. It's not that much more than what I'd be spending with TAD or Arc'teryx and would just like to hear some comments from guys who have one before I throw 350 ish bucks at it. I've had problems in the past with both TAD and SORD so I've become kind of wary.

Any thoughts appreciated.

LSK
12-16-09, 08:36
I had one several years ago when they first came out. The material held up well. The standard Arc'Teryx fit me better than the custom sizing did. I prefer and use Arc'Teryx.

militarymoron
12-16-09, 09:50
the cold fusion jacket is a nice jacket. i think that the custom fit is most useful if you normally have trouble with the fit of off-the-shelf garments. my cold fusion jacket fits me great; but so do most other garments. the custom feature option gives you more control over what features you choose, but ends up being more expensive than a jacket with those features already standard. the WB-400 fabric is water resistant and suitable for light rain or drizzle. anything heavier and water will get through eventually.

docsherm
12-16-09, 10:33
I have had a Beyond Tactical Cold Fusion Jacket for 3 years now and I have used it on several deployments. It is the best jacket I have ever owned and they have some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with. My Beyond Tactical Cold Fusion jacket really saved my ass from freezing last winter in the Stan. If you are MIL ask them about the discount. Mine is holding up very well and if for any reason I ever get a new jacket I will not hesitate to deal with Beyond Tactical again. They are very good people.

Danny Boy
12-17-09, 15:47
Thanks for the advice.

I've weighed up the options and after getting responses from manufactures decided to go with the Cold Fusion. My weird arm length to body width ratio normally messes me up with sizing.

The mil discount brings it down to the rest of them in terms of cost (thanks for the heads up docsherm) and I'm hoping that I'll get a jacket that fits like a glove and comes loaded with what I do and don't want. Figure I'll go get myself measured by the seamstress next to PX so I don't jack it up.