PDA

View Full Version : Another gun range suicide

vodomagoo
12-15-09, 18:11
just ran across this on a local news site today and didnt see it on the tv last night. bought a gun here and visited many times and its a pretty good shop. refreshing to hear that they planed on opening back up as soon as they can, sad thing to happen though.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/1216194.html?pageNum=2&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comments_Container
(http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/1216194.html?pageNum=2&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comments_Container)

M4Fundi
12-15-09, 20:55
Drives me nuts... at the Firing Line gun store/range in Aurora, CO you cannot shoot at the range alone, you must have someone with you because they told me they have had (if I recall correctly) "5" suicides on the range! So, now you have to find a range partner to shoot there.

vodomagoo
12-15-09, 21:43
well all the local ranges here including this one have a rangemaster that watches over your every move, with that said i dont know what a shooting partner or range master could have done in this situation

skyugo
12-15-09, 21:51
Drives me nuts... at the Firing Line gun store/range in Aurora, CO you cannot shoot at the range alone, you must have someone with you because they told me they have had (if I recall correctly) "5" suicides on the range! So, now you have to find a range partner to shoot there.

i guess that cuts the chances :confused:
the range i go to is member's only, and they run a pretty tight ship.. i like that.

loupav
12-15-09, 23:16

YUP. Same here in LA.

Volucris
12-16-09, 01:07
So what? His life and body and he can do what he wants. Nice that he only took out himself and did it cleanly.

I'd just mop it up and reopen the next day. I don't see why people get so worked up about this.

What I worry about is irresponsible people at ranges. Not suicidal ones who are simply imploding without harming others in the process.

TY44934
12-16-09, 08:50
Happened once around here at Shooters Paradise before the place burned down. Has happened about 4 times to Blue Ridge Arsenal.

And, it has happened dozens of times to the Washington D.C. subway & rail system.

See the problem here? It is not the subway. Or guns. Or gun ranges. Or tall buildings, bridges, ropes, shoe-laces, ect.

Hope your local range gets back to business as usuall soon.

four
12-16-09, 09:33
The Search and Rescue groups around here are routinely called out to find people that go off into the woods with no intention of coming back.

I guess the lesson is you can't make that decision without leaving a mess for someone else to clean up.

glocktogo
12-16-09, 11:51

Why? So someone will have a ringside seat for the show? You can't stop someone intent on doing it that way. We had a range suicide here where an instructor was right behind the woman. She fired 5 downrange, stuck the muzzle under her chin and fired # 6 before the instructor could intervene. :(