PDA

View Full Version : Who makes 6.5 Grendel Short Barrels!?

Jon G23
03-13-07, 21:35
I'm a little curious about a 6.5 Grendel SBR OR maybe a 16".

Who makes these type uppers or sells their barrels and Bolts etc??

Would a shorty 6.5 be worth it?? It seems you'd have a sweet short rifle with much better punch than 556.

I sent off my paperwork and also my Lower to be engraved... now i need to make the final choices!

Thanks for any thoughts!

Jon

C4IGrant
03-14-07, 13:04

Would a shorty 6.5 be worth it?? It seems you'd have a sweet short rifle with much better punch than 556.

I sent off my paperwork and also my Lower to be engraved... now i need to make the final choices!

Thanks for any thoughts!

Jon

SD is making some 10.5's for the 6.5's and I will getting some soon to play with.

C4

VA_Dinger
03-16-07, 16:21
I cannot wait to see one of these 6.5 shorties.

bigant
03-20-07, 23:20

Thanks for any thoughts!

Jon

AA sells a 10.5" Upper and Satern Machining might be able to make you a SS barrel for a SBR...the following has a write up about the 10.5" Grendel http://www.65grendel.com

Scenars run at 2180 fps from the 10.5" and Bill has said that it can reach out to 600 yards like pretty easy.

Ant

One Shot
03-24-07, 20:19
You might want to check with Terry Williams at Superior Arms. Superior Arms makes all sorts of AR-15 uppers when requested. You can reach Terry @: 319-523-2016 or e-mail them @: sales@superiorarms.com . Superior Arms makes a super nice S-15 rifle which is another way of saying AR-15/M-4 rifles. Superior is located in Iowa north of Burlington, Ia. Superior Arms also makes parts and pieces for other firearms companies and proto-type firearms for the military to test.:)