PDA

View Full Version : Need some info on Pueblo Co. and Gun laws

TEXAS_GLOCKER
12-16-09, 02:20
Im taking the MD hangun 1&2 in June of next year and Ive never been to Colorado. Just wondering if anyone can direct me to a link on the CHL laws there. I know they honor Texas CHL but would like to see more in detail on where I can and cant carry according to Colorado law. Also if there are any areas of Pueblo I should avoid. Im bringing the little lady with me and we plan on staying a day or two after the class to see alittle bit of the countryside. Any suggestions on where to go and CHL friendly? Thanks...Josh :D

Ridge_Runner_5
12-16-09, 08:09
Looks like Colorado honor's Maryland's permit.
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Basically, you can carry anywhere except schools, gov't buildings, anywhere there are posted signs (that are private businesses) and sporting arenas such as Invesco Field and the like...

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-16-09, 08:33
Looks like Colorado honor's Maryland's permit.
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Basically, you can carry anywhere except schools, gov't buildings, anywhere there are posted signs (that are private businesses) and sporting arenas such as Invesco Field and the like...

Besides Federal Laws, technically pre-thru high schools are off limits unless it stays locked in your car. Government buildings, if they have metal detectors. OK in bars and restraunts, except if they post (which I find fairly uncommon in Colorado). The whole issue about signs on private property seems to go round and round in co-ar15.com. Some say that they can just ask you to leave and if you don't it is tresspass, whie others say that actually a violation of the CCW law. I lean towards the first interpretation.

chadbag
12-16-09, 09:37
Of course (for posted places) they have to know about it first. Concealed means concealed...

Not advocating breaking any laws

TEXAS_GLOCKER
12-16-09, 18:06
so is there any part of pueblo to avoid? what about the colorado springs area?

Ridge_Runner_5
12-16-09, 21:29
Avoid Rampart Range shooting range in Colorado Springs:p

LonghunterCO
12-16-09, 22:15
so is there any part of pueblo to avoid? what about the colorado springs area?

USMC03, Jaydoc, and others are local to the area. Maybe they can chime in.
What are you looking to do/see?

jaydoc1
12-16-09, 23:28
Sadly yes, there are several places you don't want to find yourself lost in in Pueblo. Trying to describe them to you on the internet wouldn't be the easiest thing in the world to do and you are pretty unlikely to just happen upon them driving around the main parts of Pueblo.

When you get here I'll show you on a map. Honestly I don't think you're going to do a lot of sight seeing here in Pueblo. :p Head west and you're in good shape.

There are a few areas in Colorado Springs to avoid, but again you'd almost have to be trying to get to them to find them.

TEXAS_GLOCKER
12-17-09, 04:56
Sadly yes, there are several places you don't want to find yourself lost in in Pueblo. Trying to describe them to you on the internet wouldn't be the easiest thing in the world to do and you are pretty unlikely to just happen upon them driving around the main parts of Pueblo.

When you get here I'll show you on a map. Honestly I don't think you're going to do a lot of sight seeing here in Pueblo. :p Head west and you're in good shape.

There are a few areas in Colorado Springs to avoid, but again you'd almost have to be trying to get to them to find them.

cool thanks. Im really looking forward to this trip, mainly for the MD class but also Ive always wanted to see Colorado at leastonce in my life. Killing 2 birds with one stone. Thanks again for the info guys. Look forward to meeting y'all at the class.:D