PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch NCIS?

jwfuhrman
12-16-09, 13:10
Anyone else a fan of NCIS? I have been since the show originally aired. Just saw the newest episode(itunes season subscription) called "Faith". Now Im not one for much Christmas spirit, mostly just because of the commercialization of Christmas and the loss of its true meaning, but this episode really got to me. If you havnt seen it, you really should.

This season really proves why in my opinion NCIS will be here for years to come, and is one of the very few shows on TV worth watching. The cast, the story lines, everything are perfect.

woodandsteel
12-16-09, 13:17
My wife watches it all the time. Unfortunately, it is in syndication. Which means she can watch it all day everyday if she wanted to.

eta; I do like that young lady who is supposedly from the IDF. Is she still on the show?

stage2
12-16-09, 13:21
yeah that was a good episode last night....+1 for McGee....He could totally have Abby now LOL....

Denozo (sp?) melted the fridged HR lady too...

Ziva? Ohhh sweet lord....If Ziva's charactor was a real person...shew....you just gotta be turned on by a former Mossad agent that could kick you ass six ways to sunday, shoot one would not even need a CCW with a chic like Ziva at your side....:D

GMZ
12-16-09, 13:25
I dont really like it. Its not realistic (of course) and like most other shows, makes light of blatant abuses of power/authority. I could get over the fake stuff, but all those types of shows just get to me for the second reason. I mean all too: NCIS, Numbers, Bones, CSI, etc. Dont these people know their rights? Its troubling, to see that kind of stuff in a way that makes it seem like "no big deal". Half the crap would be inadmissible in reality. My gf loves them all however.

Sorry for the small rant.

woodandsteel
12-16-09, 13:26
Ziva! That is who I was talking about. Thanks

My wife actually missed that show last night. It was my oldest daughter's birthday. So the wife must have forgotten it.

Luckily for me, she can watch the show online;
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/ncis/#in

BAC
12-16-09, 13:28
NCIS is one of only three things worth watching on TV, including Bones and football.

Last night's episode was great. Annoyingly predictable plot, but great nonetheless. Admiral Whitebeard would approve of McGeek's good deed.

Dinozzo is my hero, and is the kind of cop I will aspire to be.

"I was looking through your personnel files... because I have that security clearance and it's legal..." http://www.lightfighter.net/smilie/24.gif

-B

DrMark
12-16-09, 13:38
My wife and I discovered the show once it hit syndication on USA Network.

We enjoy it; it's funny and entertaining.

We've tried to watch and like NCIS: Los Angeles, but the combination of writing and acting is just so bad.

Amicus
12-16-09, 14:07
Denozo (sp?) melted the fridged HR lady too...

In one episode he spells it:

'Big "D," little "i," big "N," little "ozo."' (Not o-z-o, but pronounced as if you said the last two syllables of his name.)

Great show. :o

Volucris
12-16-09, 14:50
I really enjoy the old ones but the new one where they're in some new city seems pretty hokey. Not really enjoying all the crime drams on tv. It's just boring. All the good writers are dead or making movies.

5pins
12-16-09, 15:08
Abby!!

http://tvphotogalleries.com/data/509/2664pauley_perrette_ncis0mq-med.jpg

tusk212
12-16-09, 15:29
Love the show. Ive been on board since day one.

VooDoo6Actual
12-16-09, 17:00
+1 NCIS

Icculus
12-16-09, 18:17
Watch it all the time. Hell I'm watching a rerun right now of one I've probably seen 4 times ;) Missed the new one this week though--have to catch it on hulu or something. It, 24, and Deadliest Catch are about the only "series" type of show I watch. Other than that its all sports

Oh and another vote for Ziva. Kate was ok but love me some Ziva

ETA: But NCIS: LA is about the worst program ever. The set, the characters, the whole deal. Its about as believable that they are special agents, ex seals, etc. as I am the tooth fairy.

Gombey
12-16-09, 19:10
I was so mad when they started the Los Angeles garbage!!!! But I am a big fan of the original

tampam4
12-16-09, 20:10
Now I have one question regarding Pauley Perette ( the woman who plays abby) Every single website I saw online said that she was born in 1969:eek::eek:

I simply don't believe she could be that old, maybe it is an internet wide gag or is it actually true?:D

Amicus
12-16-09, 20:21
It's true. I remember Ms. Perrette when she was a bleached blonde in the somewhat oddball and occasionally very funny series "Special Unit 2" about 9 years ago.

Gombey
12-16-09, 20:30
Now I have one question regarding Pauley Perette ( the woman who plays abby) Every single website I saw online said that she was born in 1969:eek::eek:

I simply don't believe she could be that old, maybe it is an internet wide gag or is it actually true?:D

I didn't believe you, so I checked it out. It's true!!! I am still in shock :O!!!! I'm still (Kind of) a young buck and thought she was my age....well she looks good for her age.....or any age for that matter! LOL!!

Amicus
12-16-09, 20:37
Well, it is LA. Can you say "work done"?

In her case, though, I'd blame it on good genes.

tampam4
12-16-09, 20:40
Well, it is LA. Can you say "work done"?

In her case, though, I'd blame it on good genes.

Very much agreed! I don't think that she has had any significant amount of work.

It's just weird, that all this time I thought she was somewhere in her upper 20's, turns out she's about the same age as my mother!:D

randolph
12-16-09, 21:13
Cote de Pablo (http://www.cotedepablo.org/)(Ziva) is from Chile, only a Latina could be that hot :p

pauley perrette (http://www.pauleyperrette.org/) (abby) is an incredible intriguing young lady,

She was an undergrad student in sociology, psychology, and criminal science. She started her master's degree in criminal science before ending up in the entertainment industry. She now plays a forensic scientist, her former career goal

yes, its a TV series, but these two make it worth watching :D

randolph
12-16-09, 21:14
It's just weird, that all this time I thought she was somewhere in her upper 20's, turns out she's about the same age as my mother!:D

BAN HIM ! ! :D

ST911
12-16-09, 21:20
I can't get into NCIS. I'm a Cold Case guy myself. Kathryn Morris (Lilly Rush)...mmmmmm.

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/34/2007/04/02/320x240/Cold_Case_Morris_Jan07.jpg

roberto232
12-16-09, 21:42
I’m the same, I love the show. But I do disagree on the women. I totally miss totally hot Kate. She was a total babe.

I would also like to have a friend like Ducky, he's a really cool character.

http://silentopinion.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/kate.jpg

Redmanfms
12-17-09, 16:26
No.

When they added the Israeli spy for ridiculous propaganda effect I lost what little interest I had. Considering that NCIS counter-intel spends a significant amount of time THWARTING penetration by Israeli agents I find the inclusion of the tart way too ****ing much.

FYI, every security briefing I ever received in the Navy listed the top espionage threat as the ISRAELIS, above even the Chinese. Hell, a bunch of Israeli agents were busted at Kings Bay trying to get on base posing as movers while I was stationed there. Those ****ers completely ruined my weekend as the gates were locked down for 3 days while FBI and NCIS agents by the dozen had a collective shitstorm. For that reason, I just can't suspend disbelief long enough to sit through that show.

+1 on the Goth chick though, she is pretty.

loupav
12-17-09, 16:30
I don't but two days ago the filmed a episode by my warehouse. I forgot to stay late to watch the car blow up.

It's always great seeing Crown Vics marked "Washington DC Police" in Los Angeles. :D

USMC1341
12-18-09, 02:35
I'm a fan of NCIS. The whole cast makes the show work. The holiday show this year and CSI NY were two of my favorites so far...

NCIS LA doesn't do it for me. Look at their office if you can call it that. Whats with the whole wardrobe thing and the SRT is hot, but for a government agency? Way too Hollywood to even make it somewhat believable.

Again as like NCIS LA is over the top so is CSI Miami. I hate that one, but like NY and the original CSI. again both with a good cast.

Cold Case is a good show. I think rush has issues though with them freak cats IMO.

I like law and order SVU. I find the male detective a little too hot headed, but the show works.

Bones is fun and the cast again works well.

I like Numbers. Being I really like math the show grew on me. I like the cast and the stories are good for me. It's neat for me to watch Rob Morrow since I was a Vic Morrow fan from his days in his roll in Combat.

Criminal minds is one of my favorites.

And there is a new one with Christian Slater. The Forgotten I like the show we'll see if it lasts.

Well that sums up all the crime shows I like. Too much info I'm sure