PDA

View Full Version : Best uppers on a budget?

cgrubb1
12-16-09, 22:37
I am building an ar for the first time. Got an aero lower with Lpk for 150+ including transfer. With the awesome deal from dsg arms I got a magpul moe stock, pistol grip, and handguards with buffer,tube,spring for 99 shipped. Trying to put this together for as close to 600 as possible. What is the best deal on uppers to keep it I'm this range but still with pretty good quality? Would DSA upper with BCM bcg be the best bet or is there another route that I should look into? Thanks for the advice

Volucris
12-16-09, 23:25
BCM upper and BCM bcg. Trust me --don't skimp on a firearm purchase unless you just plan on selling it a month later.

The DSA uppers are a gamble.

perna
12-16-09, 23:53
DD uppers, heard you can still find them for $499.

glocktogo
12-17-09, 00:10
BCM or DD exclusively for your budget.

cgrubb1
12-17-09, 00:17
DD uppers, heard you can still find them for $499.

Really? I emailed DD and asked if a similar promotion was going to be offered and never heard back. How long is this offered? Thanks

SWATcop556
12-17-09, 00:18
You won't be sorry with the BCM, trust me. Also BravoCo will have the DD uppers at a steal here really soon and they are GTG as well.

As was said, don't skimp.

perna
12-17-09, 02:07
Really? I emailed DD and asked if a similar promotion was going to be offered and never heard back. How long is this offered? Thanks

Not from DD, not sure where, might have been AIM surplus? Im not sure, it is in another thread.

CoolBarrelBill
12-17-09, 02:24
another vote for BCM

SWATcop556
12-17-09, 02:25
Not from DD, not sure where, might have been AIM surplus? Im not sure, it is in another thread.

BravoCo has them on sale for the Holidays.

GoG-Man
12-17-09, 03:44
I bought a DDM4 a few months ago. Pretty good deal, for all that you get. It shoots good :-)

They just dropped the price to around $699.

joe_sun
12-17-09, 10:23
Sorry posted to wrong thread

tracker722
12-17-09, 11:17
I***************************

decodeddiesel
12-17-09, 11:34
If it is a bargain you are looking for YHM has theirs on sale right now for $79.00.

Huh?

:confused:

tracker722
12-17-09, 12:58

Icculus
12-17-09, 13:11
Don't understand your consternation decode.

I do. The OP was asking about budget complete uppers.
So I reiterate decoded's question. YHM uppers on sale for $79?

Huh?

:confused:

ETA: To the OP. Sounds like you've gotten some quality advice. No first hand knowledge with the BCM but from all I've read about people putting them through their paces here they look solid. I have a DDM4 and will say DD is g2g.

woodandsteel
12-17-09, 13:16
I was under the impression that the op was asking for a complete upper also. Tracker was quoting the price of a YHM stripped upper; http://yankeehillmachine.com/store/product369.html

I put a CMMG upper on my recent build. I regret not following the advice I got on this forum about getting a BCM. The CMMG is good enough, but I coud have done better with a BCM, for a few bucks more.

I guess I'll have to save up for another build.

Icculus
12-17-09, 13:23
I was under the impression that the op was asking for a complete upper also. Tracker was quoting the price of a YHM stripped upper; http://yankeehillmachine.com/store/product369.html

I stand partially corrected. I just reread and the OP didn't technically say "complete" upper which is how I read it. My fault Tracker

tracker722
12-17-09, 14:02

cgrubb1
12-17-09, 14:20
I did have a complete upper in mind, although I didn't really express that. I guess by the time you add a charging handle rear sight and bcg I could almost get the Daniel defense xv. While I'm sure bcm is everything it's made out to be, it would me almost 600 for the complete upper, which is a little more than Ivan afford right now. Thanks for all the advice.

Quentin
12-17-09, 14:56
For their Christmas sale ArmaLite has been offering their Eagle Arms complete upper for $355, including bolt carrier group and charging handle. Not chrome lined or 1:7 but is a pretty good middy for the money. I don't know if they're in stock now.

I'm pleased with the $500 (not on sale) ArmaLite version which I think only differs by having a chrome lined barrel and chamber. Quality M4 feed ramps, properly staked gas key and has been a fine shooter.

Of course these don't score as high as others mentioned here but you said you wanted to keep cost down. If so I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the Eagle Arms upper on sale.