PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read this book?

jhs1969
12-16-09, 23:13
"BROTHERS IN BATTLE * BEST OF FRIENDS"

If you have read "Band of Brothers" or have seen the series of the same name, then I think you will like this one. It is Bill Guarnere and Babe Heffron in their own words. I highly recommend it.

tracker722
12-17-09, 12:05

stage2
12-17-09, 12:49
another must read "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrel

SWATcop556
12-17-09, 14:00

Read it twice and I'm working on the third.

stage2
12-17-09, 14:11
another great one...."Lights Out" (about an EMP blast crippling the country and how a community survives it Lots of gun battles)

Only crappy thing about it is it's only in pdf format. Heres the link if any one is interested

http://www.canopy.net/adventure1/lightsout.pdf

jhs1969
12-18-09, 01:12
Agree...good read as well as the book "Easy Company Soldiers" by Don Malarky. Also check out Buck Compton's book.

I saw Buck Compton's book on the shelf but I wasn't sure how good it would be. I haven't seen Malarky's book yet but I would be very interested in it.

stage2

I have this one and have read it twice, I agree,it is a must read.

If anyone is interested, Donald Burgett wrote a series of four books that are, IMO, some of the best combat accounts I've ever read. Burgett was a member of A company, 506th, 101st Division.

BiggLee71
12-18-09, 12:03

Read it. Good book. Just finished another titled " The Mission, The Men and Me " by Peter Blaber. Mr. Blaber is a former SFOD-D Commander. It was a good look into the mindset of what it takes to lead such a " Unit ".