PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Solutions .22 conversions for Glock and the M&P

maximus83
12-18-09, 10:11
Spoke with Tactical Solutions on the phone recently about their .22 conversions, and this is what they told me:

* A .22 conversion for the Glock is coming out at this year's Shot Show.

* A .22 conversion for the M&P is being seriously considered. Based on the conversation, it sounds to me like they are planning on it, but it's not quite 100% yet. The person I spoke with said they couldn't say more about it right now, but it would be worth checking back in the July-August time frame for updates.

I asked if it would help if interested customers would email requests for an M&P conversion. And this was the interesting part: they said, "No, the masses have already spoken on the need for an M&P." So it sounds to me like they've already decided to pursue this, and while it's not certain at this point, it does sound "likely."

If this pans out, that would be great news. I put thousands of rounds through my CZ Kadet .22 conversion, and would probably equal if not exceed that with an M&P .22 conversion.

sadmin
12-18-09, 10:16
That is good news, my AA g17 conversion is too reliant on CCI minimags. It would be nice to be able to use the plethora of federal .22lr I have.

DrMark
12-18-09, 10:59
An M&P conversion would be sweet!

:cool:

XKL
12-18-09, 11:00
If they don't decide to make one for the M&P, S&W should do it themselves. With the cost of ammo these days the availability of a reasonably priced .22 conversion should be a very marketable competitve advantage for any semi-auto pistol. They should make them available as a bundle (with a single case for everything).

M4arc
12-18-09, 11:15
That is good news, my AA g17 conversion is too reliant on CCI minimags. It would be nice to be able to use the plethora of federal .22lr I have.

My AA kit loves the cheapo Remington Golden Bullets from Wally World.

An M&P conversion would be sweet!

:cool:

Yeah it would!

8th
12-18-09, 11:45
I randomly ran into the regional Tactical Solutions rep at my local gunshop awhile back. He told me the Glock was ready for production, the M&P was still in development (as in prototyping stage), and they where looking at what gun should be next. The XD was mentioned.

maximus83
12-18-09, 12:02
I randomly ran into the regional Tactical Solutions rep at my local gunshop awhile back. He told me [...] the M&P was still in development (as in prototyping stage).

That's good to hear. So this seems like more than just hearsay, we have two firsthand reports from people at Tacsol that make it sound like the M&P conversion is going to happen, it's just a question of when. I'm guessing late 2010.

MarshallDodge
12-18-09, 12:06
That's good news. I would like to have a kit for my M&P.

My AA kit loves the cheapo Remington Golden Bullets from Wally World.
My Kimber conversion does as well, it does not run very well on the Federal bulk ammo but I am trying a new lube that seems to be making a difference.

MichaelD
12-18-09, 12:46
I doubt they'll actually make one, but I'd love to see a .22LR conversion for the M&P compacts in addition to the fullsize. I'd buy one for each of my pistols.

ToddG
12-18-09, 23:43
* A .22 conversion for the M&P is being seriously considered.

That's what they said at SHOT'08 and SHOT'09. Consider me skeptical at this point.

In fact, in '08 they said it might be out by that Summer, while this year the best I could get was a non-committal "we're seriously considering it."

mrbfromd
12-18-09, 23:47
This would be great. I have been waiting for someone if not S&W to make the .22 kit for the M&P. Now I just have to hope the make one for the compact :confused:

maximus83
12-19-09, 00:54
That's what they said at SHOT'08 and SHOT'09.

A point worth remembering. Like promised but undelivered software, it's all "vaporware" until you can hold it in your hands. :-)

But, I sure HOPE they pull it off this year. I'm tired of waiting!

balletto
01-17-10, 16:00
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171936

14 round BDM mags