PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense Omega-X 12.0 FSP Rail Discontinued?

Singlestack Wonder
12-18-09, 15:32
Bravo Company has Daniel Defense Omega-X 12.0 FSP rails on sale for $179. Does anyone know if they are they discontinuing the product?

SPDGG
12-18-09, 15:40
Its still up on the DD website:

Omega X 12.0 FSP
http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=173

Singlestack Wonder
12-18-09, 15:53
Yes it is.......I was looking in the wrong place. Perhaps BCM is overstocked?

ForTehNguyen
12-18-09, 16:57
DD is just having a big sale on stuff: uppers, rails, barrels discounted

CaptainDooley
12-18-09, 18:18
The price is right on these rails - the only unknown I have is installation - what does it normally run to have a rail like this installed?

Jeffy
12-18-09, 18:28
The price is right on these rails - the only unknown I have is installation - what does it normally run to have a rail like this installed?You need a DD Lite wrench and be able to take off the Barrel nut. The Omega X's aren't like the Omegas which don't require any tools.

I wish DD would come out with a 12.0 FSP Omega.

CaptainDooley
12-18-09, 18:30
Yeah, I'm probably not up to that level - which is why I was wondering about the cost of having it installed. I'm a video editor - If it's not digital, I'm hopeless...

ForTehNguyen
12-18-09, 18:46
Omega line is suppose to install with nothing but flathead and allen wrenches. DD advertises it as not needing a gunsmith or special tools. DD Lite needs that wrench however, but thats a different line

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65

still in stock:
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Daniel-Defense-OMEGA-12-0-FSP-Rail-p/dd%2010005.htm

shittercrewchief
12-18-09, 18:55
Omega line is suppose to install with nothing but flathead and allen wrenches. DD advertises it as not needing a gunsmith or special tools. DD Lite needs that wrench however, but thats a different line

This is true, but the op is about the Omega X rail which does require the installation of a proprietary barrel nut.

Surf
12-18-09, 19:19
As mentioned do not confuse the Omega, with the Omega X. AFTER the Omega X is installed, it can be easily taken apart.

06Bouley
12-18-09, 22:18
As to how much it runs, the guys at Superior Firearms here in Louisville, Joe and Barry, hooked me up for like $30 on my Omega-X 12.0 FSP.

kwelz
12-19-09, 21:51
As to how much it runs, the guys at Superior Firearms here in Louisville, Joe and Barry, hooked me up for like $30 on my Omega-X 12.0 FSP.

Hey! You are in Louisville? I am just across the bridge in Southern Indiana!

bubba04
12-20-09, 14:34
I ordered one of these to install on my 5.45 upper last friday. I will let yall know how the install goes.

Linus
12-20-09, 19:04
BCM is great, I just purchased a DD Omega-X FSP for only $179.00 :eek:. Great excuse for a new build.:D Installation should be straight forward, only requires a DD Lite rail wrench + an AR upper vise.

Jdrimm
12-20-09, 19:22

I'm in Louisville, too.

KingsideRook
12-20-09, 19:27
BCM is great, I just purchased a DD Omega-X FSP for only $179.00 :eek:. Great excuse for a new build.:D Installation should be straight forward, only requires a DD Lite rail wrench + an AR upper vise.

Yeah, the sale is a great opportunity, those complete DDM4 uppers are an insane deal at $699. I had to scoop one up, and a BCM Gunfighter Mod4 CH. Now to find an Aimpoint & Larue Mount, and I'm set. I really like the extra rail space on the 12.0 FSP, I think I'll be able to test the Costa method of thumb-break hold forend steering effectively with the extra rail real estate.

steeltoe
12-20-09, 20:50
You need a DD Lite wrench and be able to take off the Barrel nut. The Omega X's aren't like the Omegas which don't require any tools.

I wish DD would come out with a 12.0 FSP Omega.

May be off topic but Troy already makes that application (http://store.troyind.com/12_MRF_CX_Extended_p/srai-mrf-r2bt-00.htm). I've got it and love it. Nothing required except removing the delta ring.

GNXII
12-20-09, 21:44
May be off topic but Troy already makes that application (http://store.troyind.com/12_MRF_CX_Extended_p/srai-mrf-r2bt-00.htm). I've got it and love it. Nothing required except removing the delta ring.

:mad: Unfortunately alot of LE agencies and especially the US Mil frown upon cutting off the delta ring. I am sure former and active US service members here on the site will pipe up with the info that one cannot cut off the delta ring and not been in a lot of hot water. LE agencies are the same...no permanent mods to longarms. The DD Omega series allows you to "drop in" a 1913 rail with no permanent mods to the host firearm. The Troy series rail has one "drop in"nit but it does not FF the barrel.

kwelz
12-21-09, 00:08
Is there anything precluding you from using this rail with a flip up FSB or a low profile version?

Linus
12-21-09, 01:43
Yeah, the sale is a great opportunity, those complete DDM4 uppers are an insane deal at $699. I had to scoop one up, and a BCM Gunfighter Mod4 CH. Now to find an Aimpoint & Larue Mount, and I'm set. I really like the extra rail space on the 12.0 FSP, I think I'll be able to test the Costa method of thumb-break hold forend steering effectively with the extra rail real estate.

I waited too long and the sale ended once i tried to order this morning:(

decodeddiesel
12-21-09, 09:47
I waited too long and the sale ended...

Linus, you may want to edit that signature and remove the link to an ongoing "for sale" add on another site. :rolleyes:

06Bouley
12-23-09, 13:46

Wassup neighbor?

06Bouley
12-23-09, 13:47
I'm in Louisville, too.

Wassup to you too!!

Jdrimm
12-23-09, 13:49
Wassup to you too!!

Just killing time, waiting for Christmas to be over, and money to be available again!

06Bouley
12-23-09, 13:51
you aint kidding. Since Oct 29th, all three of my kids have had b-days, now Christmas, and the wife's b-day is the 26th of Dec!!! No moolah for 06Bouley to play with!!

Jdrimm
12-23-09, 13:57
you aint kidding. Since Oct 29th, all three of my kids have had b-days, now Christmas, and the wife's b-day is the 26th of Dec!!! No moolah for 06Bouley to play with!!

OUCH!! I've only got one B-day in December, the 19th, but needs and wants always expand to fill available cash.

06Bouley
12-23-09, 14:21
OUCH!! I've only got one B-day in December, the 19th, but needs and wants always expand to fill available cash.

Yeah, my son, Isaiah, turned 6 on Oct. 29th. My oldest daughter, Shanna, turned 12 the NEXT DAY, and my beautiful middle child, Kara, turned 10 on Nov. 17th. Good thing I had some pretty lucrative side jobs that took care of birthdays and Christmas for all of them, and my first AR15, (a DDXV) for me!!

Jdrimm
12-23-09, 14:55
Thank God for side jobs, eh! Merry Christmas!

06Bouley
12-23-09, 15:24
Merry Christmas to you too!!!!

kwelz
12-23-09, 17:22
Wassup neighbor?

Hah! By the way thanks for mentioning Superior in your Post. I had never been there and went by today since I didn't have the correct wrench for the install of this rail. What should have been a 15 minute job turned into about 3 hours of education for me. Oh sure the install was done quickly but that place is great!

ge_traveler
01-30-10, 23:30
The DD 12.0 Omega X FSP rails are back in stock at BCM if interested....$179...can't go wrong!

glen
01-30-10, 23:56
funny, I've known about the sale on this rail since last year, and every time I was set to order it would be out of stock...now that it's in stock again I have the money for it tied up somewhere else! dang!

rdrouant
02-02-10, 11:27
just ordered my dd omega 12.0 fsp from bravo on sale. As an AR noob im somewhat worried about installation. I ordered the DD lite wrench it said i needed but am wondering if anyone has any experience installing this particular rail?

S391
02-02-10, 12:10
Yeah, I'm probably not up to that level - which is why I was wondering about the cost of having it installed. I'm a video editor - If it's not digital, I'm hopeless...

If you can edit video you can wrench on an AR.... I used to be an editor and AR's are much easier to work on.

Jeffy
02-02-10, 12:41
just ordered my dd omega 12.0 fsp from bravo on sale. As an AR noob im somewhat worried about installation. I ordered the DD lite wrench it said i needed but am wondering if anyone has any experience installing this particular rail?You will need to make the FH off. Then knock out the pins holding the FSB off as well. Then you need to use a receiver block so you can put it in a vice. Use your USGI barrel wrench /Multi-tool to remove the old barrel nut. Once that is done you can install the new barrel nut. You will need a torque-wrench to set the barrel nut to 50-75 lbs. Then reinstall the FSB and FH.

The Omega X isn't like the Omega which is drop-in.

You can find pictures of how to take the barrel apart on some other sites. Click and then scroll down to: Changing your own AR15 barrel for dummies (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782)

S391
02-02-10, 12:46
Provided I did this correctly I have attached a PDF copy of the installation instructions for the Omega X Rail.

Edit - It appears that I didn't do it correctly....... sorry. If anyone would like it please feel free to shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send it over.

252actual
02-03-10, 04:49
cant believe i didnt know about this sale until now... i just bought one because... dont even need it... cant beat half price :)

S391
02-07-10, 17:09
Mine arrived on Thursday and I installed it this afternoon.... This rail is SWEET!!!!!

The thing that really impressed me as that it was nicely packaged, included ladder covers, had full color, well written installation instructions and generally seemed to be built with a level of professionalism that you don't always see from some of the larger manufacturers.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/S682/Best_one_yet.jpg