PDA

View Full Version : S&W Model SW9VE Pistol (Sigma), Good or bad?

larry0071
12-18-09, 17:13
I just got a M&P9c and it is a nice pistol, but I was thinking of getting something affordable and in stainless finish. One option is this Model SW9VE Pistol, another would be go with the S&W Model 910S American Pride Series Pistol that is completely stainless. Is the non M&P weapons considered less than ideal?

Alpha Sierra
12-18-09, 17:45
A) The M&P's slide is stainless steel

B) The Sigma has a universal reputation for unreliability

C) The 910, while a very good pistol, is not made of stainless steel. It's frame is anodized aluminum and its slide is matte blued carbon steel. I know, I have one.

larry0071
12-18-09, 18:23
Ok, I understand. What I want is because my wife says that she feels I should have a "pretty" pistol. She thinks that everything I have is boring black. So she suggested I find a shiny SS pistol. Glock or M&P are composites, so those won't work. I can't afford a nice 1911. I feel $600 tops. So, I concede, please, help me find something shiny, affordable, reliable, prefer 9mm. I'm not sure where to turn. I also prefer to find lightly used weapons at a reduced price.

Outlander Systems
12-18-09, 18:56
The Sigma was my first autoloader. I went back to wheelguns exclusively after that thing.

It left a bad S&W taste in my mouth, which was redeemed only by the M&P15.

YMMV, but that thing was a turd.

Get a SS/Pink Walther P22 if you're looking for looks/pretty.

lomp64
12-18-09, 20:59
Stay away. I had one for about two weeks then got rid of it. The trigger is absolutely awful.

XKL
12-18-09, 21:14
Does it have to be all shiny or just have some shiny bits? You can get the SIG 250 with a shiny slide.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=52657

More expensive than the swerve but not universally despised.

Buckaroo
12-18-09, 21:55
Cabela's has M&Ps with stripped slides (no Melonite coating).

They are nice and shiny.

Your wife needs to learn that shiny is not tactical.

I have a Kahr PM9 that I got a good deal on used; it has a stainless slide and it drives me nuts!

Buckaroo

VTLO910
12-18-09, 23:31
Find a used SIG P6, and get it re-finished. Do some research on them, they are great pistols.

Alpha Sierra
12-19-09, 13:34
How about a nickel plated S&W Model 10?

It doesn't get more blingy than that.

Cruncher Block
12-19-09, 18:16
Ok, I understand. What I want is because my wife says that she feels I should have a "pretty" pistol.

Wow... just... wow.

My wife feels I'm lucky to be allowed to sleep indoors. :(

MarshallDodge
12-19-09, 19:20
Sounds like your wife is like mine, no pink, just shiny stainless. :cool:

You can have someone bead blast the slide on an M&P and it will shine right up.

jmp45
12-20-09, 11:15
I picked up an sw9ve for a song and sold it for an M&P 9. It only had one issue, the front sight bore in the slide was way off center. I tapped the rear over to the right to compensate. I got use to the trigger but it's nothing like the M&P. After reading the reviews on the sw9ve I decided to sell it before I ran into any other problems.

Have you looked at Kahr?